User Reviews for Epinephrine

Also known as: Adrenaclick, Adrenalin, Adrenalin Chloride, Ana-Guard, Asthmahaler, Auvi-Q, Bronchial Mist with Pump, Bronitin, Bronkaid Mist, Epi EZ Pen, EpiPen, EpiPen 2-Pak, EpiPen Auto-Injector, EpiPen Jr, EpiPen JR 2-Pak, ...show all 22 brand names

Learn more about Epinephrine.

Asthma, acute 7 reviews 164 medications

AV Heart Block 1 reviews 21 medications

Adams-Stokes Syndrome 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Anaphylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Asystole 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Electromechanical Dissociation 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Oral Allergy Syndrome 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shock 0 reviews 111 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Epinephrine reviews 14 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Epinephrine

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: My experience now is that I'm in the ER every other day because I cannot get Primatene Mist any longer. I've been using this product for over 25 years without one single bad side effect and now 10 times a day I have a breathing attack that lasts over 30 mins or more because I don't have my Primatene and prescribed medicines DO NOT WORK.

June 26, 2012 3:01 PM

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for COPD, Acute: My son was born with asthma as was I. When he was 9 years old he had a major asthma attack that sent him into cardiac arrest. ONE puff on a Primatene Mist inhaler saved his life. ALL the prescribed medicines he was taking DID NOTHING FOR HIM. I have been wheezing for 2 months now AND was hospitalized last month for the first time in over 30 years due to my asthma because I couldn't get the Primatene Mist inhaler.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2012 6:49 AM

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: I was born with Asthma had been in and out of hospitals since birth. When I was old enough to use my own judgement on inhalers I decided to try Primatene Mist. I have used it for over 20 years. I only need to use it...maybe...2 times a month...if that. NOTHING the doctors gave me ever worked. Primatene Mist keeps me OUT of the hospital and home with my family.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2012 6:38 AM

Review by dennis12a:

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for COPD, Acute: I have COPD. I can't use a nebulizer with albuterol because I get severe headaches from it. I have tried five different prescribed inhalers but none worked as well as Primatene. I have used Spiriva and Advair and neither work half as well as Primatene. I sure hope they come out with a new Primatene.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2012 3:19 AM

Review by wyvan:

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for COPD, Acute: I have emphysema/COPD and this works for me when I am getting winded. I tried albuterol but it actually makes me worse. After just 4 days of using albuterol I was waking up at night having trouble breathing. The primatene mist doesn't have the rebound effect that albuterol had. When I learned they were going to stop selling it after Dec 31, 2011 I stocked up. Hopefully what I have will last me until they reformulate it and it's available again. I don't know what I would do without it.

February 4, 2012 1:14 PM

For Allergic Reactions: I had a severe allergic reaction to something and was in the ambulance when I was given epinephrine intravenously after Benadryl failed to slow the reaction. The epinephrine hurt as it entered my blood stream; I could trace a burning pins and needles sensation as it traveled up my arm, across my back, and into my head. Then it hit - sudden terrible throbbing headache, my limbs going numb, absolute instant vomiting and involuntary bowel movement. I said "I'm going to die," since it felt like my body was shutting down. My heart rate jumped but my blood pressure dropped like a rock - from 145/95 to 85/50 within thirty seconds. It took several minutes for the pain to subside and the numbness to fade. Did it help? Yes, but I don't think I'll use it again.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2011 12:51 PM

Review by Ms67GTO:

EpiPen (epinephrine) for Allergic Reactions: My son was born with multiple life-threatening allergies (1989). EpiPen saved his life numerous times as a child. The good Lord healed these allergies when he was 7 and subsequently didn't need an EpiPen. However, in college, three new allergies surfaced; freshwater fish, seafood, and Latex. At present, an EpiPen is part of his normal everyday attire. He is a Chef and clips it to his trousers for immediate use. He has had to self-inject a number of times. This easy-to-use, life-saving medicater is priceless! My son is alive today because of EpiPens and I HIGHLY endorse it's use. I carry my own EpiPen for bee stings. Fortunately, have not had to use yet! But, I am definitely prepared!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2011 5:37 PM

Review by LikesToBreathe:

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: I've been prescribed everything under the sun for my asthma. Nothing is as effective as Primatine Mist. I only use an inhaler when I need them; usually 2-3 times a week, depending on the season or athletic activity. One puff of Primatine Mist will last me all day, whereas the other inhalers I've tried (Proventil, Albuterol, Advair, Azmacort, etc.) haven't provided as long-lasting effects. I'm really upset and disappointed that the Federal Govt is making Primatine Mist unavailable after this year, because it uses a CFC-type spray. I really hope the alternative HFA is as effective as the CFC. We will be saving the Ozone, but we won't be able to breathe that CFC-free air!

May 11, 2011 11:50 AM

Review by rubenerna:

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: Doctor couldn't diagnose that I had adrenal fatigue and thyroid insufficiency, I developed severe allergies which affected my breathing severely. Was put on albuterol inhalers, which did little, and a specialist told me I have gotten the wrong medication all along. Meanwhile, I used Primatene, which immediately gave me fast results, better then the albuterol.

January 2, 2011 2:34 PM

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: I have used this inhaler because it is over the counter and much cheaper than any prescription. It gets the job done, however it tastes horrible and sometimes causes a weird numbness in the throat for a few seconds. Thought it might just be me, but two other people agreed with me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2010 8:43 PM

Primatene Mist (epinephrine) for Asthma, acute: I have used this for years and it has provided much quick relief. It far surpassed other "prescribed" asthma inhalers I have used.

January 12, 2010 4:33 PM

Review by draykp:

For AV Heart Block: This medicine is way outdated. There are a lot of newer treatments on the prevention of asthma, without all the side effects that asthmanefrin had.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2009 3:48 PM

Review by Latex Allergic:

EpiPen (epinephrine) for Allergic Reactions: I carry 2 EpiPens with me at all times, they have saved me more than once. When an anaphylactic reaction strikes I reach for my epipen, inject and within minutes I'm feeling better. I carry 2 in case the first dose is not enough, that has only happened once and the second dose did the trick. Thankful to still be alive. I follow up with benadryl to stop itching hives.

October 9, 2008 1:16 PM

Review by snorkelnose:

For Asthma, acute: Great information. I know what we will be looking for now.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate