User Reviews for Xolair

Urticaria 14 reviews 183 medications

8.7
Summary of Xolair reviews 39 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Xolair

For Urticaria "I am 72 years old and have suffered with Chronic Urticaria for 18 months now 24/7 and my antihistamines and prednisone are no longer helping. My Dr. suggested that I try Xolair. I have had my 2nd injections today and have had no decrease in my hives. I have read that it may take 2 or 3 months before it kicks in but I was sure hoping that I would have some relief in the first month, especially because of the cost of this drug. I will continue for a couple more months to give it a fair chance."

Grandma G.G. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Got sick (flu) or so I thought. I went to work. Went home, next morning could barely walk. I went to urgent care got a wheelchair. Doc said I had bad asthma attack. Admitted me in hospital for a while. Seen a pulmonologist, who suggested I try Xolair. That was over 2 years ago, it changed my life. I get shots every 2 weeks.."

Kingbilly December 30, 2015

For Urticaria "Urticaria:- I m 34 yrs old Indian male and working in UAE for past 3 yrs. Suddenly one day I developed hives and swelling on my lip then consulted a dermatologist and started to live with antihistamine tablet called Lezine. All three reports blood, urine and stool were normal But these hives used to come in my body almost once in a month but they were not severe once. It used to be on thighs,legs and shoulders sometime in lip. I was not able to traces the reasons. I did a Ige component test it was expensive however this was also normal. Today I finally planned to go on Xolair injection took 2 shots same time I.e 300 ml thank god my insurance approved this expensive injection. I will update you guys accordingly the effect."

Abbas Dubai (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Hello. I've had asthma since childhood 57 years old my asthma attacks were so bad tried everything. My allergist suggested xolair. My asthma is under control. I feel great regular injections twice a week. I thank my Dr and xolair if your asthma is bad give a try. God bless"

Enrique g November 14, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "As my Conditions are unstable an rare..Professor's have never seen anything like me..Episode's started early January 2013 in serious effects leading me in to icu in September 2013..Since then l've had every test under the sun and they are still no closer to finding out why l have theses episodes..So they decided to put me on the Xolair Injection but they said, "this may not work " its trial and error with you..So l'm due for my 3rd injection on the 8th October. .l have to stay at the Hospital up to 3 hrs per injection. .l've had episodes on this injection. .l don't like the side affects so this will be my last injection. ."

Hallu (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "It works! I used to pray for something to help me-Xolair answered my prayers!I started in March 2015 and the 1st shot my nose cleared. Since then each shot was a journey. I was on Prednisone too often and April August September usually meant using the nebulizer prednisone & hoping I wouldn't go to the hospital. Walking from family room to kitchen was challenging,walking my dog-no way! I now am taking my dog out 4Xday.Also I want to do more things. My allergist never told me about Xolair, I found out on Internet! Please try it as it is lifechanging! Good Luck!"

Anonymous September 24, 2015

For Urticaria "This medicine saved my life! All of a sudden at the age of 39 I was covered in hives on a daily basis for months. Antihistamines and steroids didn't do the trick and I was miserable. Within 2 months of being on this I am completely hive free. I wouldn't be able to function without it. Love it!"

Hive patient (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been taking this medication on and off for the last 6 years. The only reason I didn't take it the whole time was because I was pregnant twice and insurance issues the other time. When I'm not on this medication I can't even so much as look at a cat or dog. I have not had to take oral steroids monthly like I used too, only now maybe once a year with I get a cold or flu. I was so restricted in what I could do before I took xolair, now I can go to the gym or play with the kids just fine. I would recommend to anyone who has asthma and is allergic to an animal."

KelseyB (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 20, 2015

For Urticaria "I have been living with chronic debilitating hives with angioedema for over 30 years! After my first injection of Xolair I have been almost virtually free of hives for 1 yr and 1 month! I got a few hives once and got another injection and they were gone. It has changed my life completley! No weight gain. Just a bit more tired than I use to be but that is fine with me. I can bike and do 1000 more things than I could ever do with hives. The pain was ungodly and I don't know how I lived that way and hope I never have to again,"

hihosilver August 13, 2015

For Urticaria "I had CIU for a year and half before my first Xolair shot. For six months, I never went a day without hives, experienced the lip swelling and face swelling once (never want that experience again). I was told by my allergist that I had exhausted all types of therapy so Xolair was my last and only option. My first shot was in January, three days later I was hive free. I took monthly shots for 6 months, no hives so we decided to try 6 weeks between shots, no hives. It is August now - no hives! Yes it is expensive but not being covered with hives from my head to my toes makes that worth it. I would agree that it has made me gain about 10 pounds and I workout just about every day. I look like I am pregnant but not ready to give up yet."

Sandy A (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2015

For Urticaria "Yesterday I received my 4th shot. For the past 2 months it seemed after week 3 I would start getting small patches of hives. This last month on the 3rd week ( week-10 days before I was due to receive my shots) my hives came in pretty bad. My ankles and feet start to itch then it works its way up my legs to my mid torso. I have to say I'm panicking since receiving my shot yesterday, and taking 2 benadryl even 4-5 hrs and zyrtec I'm covered with itchy hives!! Can it be that our bodies become immune to the xolar?? Please let me know because I feel like my freedom is taken away from me right as I was so happy and confident being hive free."

Th3610 (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

For Urticaria "I had head to toe hives for the last 3-4 years. Antihistamines did nothing. After my first shot of Xolair, the hives went away for about 3 months. Then after the 4th shot, they came back and stayed with me for another 3 months. I just had my ninth shot and I've been hive free for 3 months. I've put on weight that I can't explain and I'm having more foods give me gas. These are not good side effects but better than the constant itching."

feelingmuchbetter June 8, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "What a waste of time and money! Are the contributors on this site really patients and not Genentech plants? No help with asthma, phlegm after 5 shots at $3000 each, big pharma just printing money with these drugs."

Rich52264 May 3, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I had one injection then three days later I thought - something is different. I can breathe! Checked my peak flow meter and it is up 45 points. Hurray. Can't wait for my next injection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2015

For Urticaria "This is a miracle for me."

JBMD (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2015

For Urticaria "I have had 8 Xolair injections for Chronic Urticaria Autoimmune and I am thrilled it took four shots to get me off prednisone and to be hive free. I one by one removed all the other medicines. I HIGHLY recommend Xolair."

Jewels1984 January 1, 2015

For Urticaria "I have had chronic idiopathic uticaria for over 17 years. Since I was 3, all I can remember is the stress, pain, embarrassment, etc that this condition has caused me. Now, at age 20 I'm finally receiving the medicine I've been hoping and praying for. For a while, Doxepin combined with many different types of antihistamines worked to reduce the amount of hives I would get. Now, only prednisone will temporarily help my hives. Prednisone has caused me to gain weight. Nothing has worked to reduce my hives other than the prednisone, until I found Xolair. The shot did hurt, but it's worth the pain. Towards the end of my first shot, I did get a lot of hives. I'm hoping the next few reduce them even more. I am so happy to have Xolair!"

E123 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2014

For Urticaria "I started taking Xolair, and while it eliminated my hives (yay!) I experienced terrible stomach problems (constant gas and bloating) and weight gain of about 10 lbs that I cannot seem to lose. (I'm small so 10 lb is a lot) It's is hugely annoying- I feel pregnant, and I am very active and fit and have always been able to maintain my weight, and now I can eat almost nothing and work out and it's still there. Going off of Xolair, hope this problem resolves itself. Annoying!"

MomWithHives (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2014

For Urticaria "This has been a miracle for me, and I truly hope that it can help others! For the past two years, I've had chronic refractory idiopathic urticaria, nonresponsive to antihistamines and with angioedema. Four months ago, I began an omalizumab treatment course of 300 mg every 4 weeks. Within days of the first injection, I immediately noticed a huge decrease in the redness, size, and swelling of the hives, and since then, I've noticed a gradual reduction in the symptoms. I've been hive-free for almost a full month now. The only downside: without insurance, this is extremely expensive. But for me, I consider it absolutely worth it."

JennyTalksDrugs May 14, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance "Very useful for treating severe to mild asthma! Highly recommended!"

Selena Perezila May 14, 2014

For Urticaria "I have had CIU for over 13 years without remission. Horrible, painful, debilitating hives that grow for days before receding. I've never gone more than a couple of days without at least one hive, despite mega-doses of antihistamines and other doctor recommended medications. I'd tried it all! I received my first injection of Xolair 26 days ago and have not had one single hive! This medicine is, so far, the miracle I have been hoping and searching for, for 13 long years!"

HivesBgone (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2014

For Urticaria "After suffering for 8 years with my body exploding into itchy & painful hives & occasionally going into anaphylaxis, my immunologist screened me last year to start on Xolair for Autoimmune Chronic Urticaria, Angioedema, Anaphylaxis. I've been on bi-weekly shots since the start of this year. All I can say is that is a MIRACLE medication! I'm no longer mutating into a monster with head to toe hives, swollen eyes & lips, gasping for air & praying the Epi-Pens do their job before I die. Having been on corticosteroids for so long, I blew up like a parade float & started to have problems with bone degeneration & cataracts. 2 weeks after getting my initial injection; I said farwell to steroids!!! HUZZAH! Loving my life once again. :)"

KayCee71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance "Xolair is life-changing. I was diagnosed with severe allergic asthma 35 years ago. While I still take regular maintenance medicines in addition to a steroid inhaler, Xolair had allowed me to give up my nebulizer and has turned of the allergic rhinitis faucet in my head. At the time of my last injection I was wheezing slightly (residual symptoms from a three week battle with bronchitis). Within 15 minutes of the injection the wheezing had stopped and I was breathing easier. I've taken Xolair since 2005 without any adverse reaction. My symptoms are better controlled with Xolair than at any time in my life. Truly a miracle."

Anon909 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2013

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "This is only my first shot. I was very symptomatic the morning of the shot - phlegm, restricted breathing, swelling of appendages, face, neck & throat, redness, burning (had idiopathic anaphylaxis/asthma). Twenty minutes after the shot I suddenly felt an unusual open feeling in my sinuses, and my phlegm was gone. I could take an unrestricted breath for the first time in years. I noticed my sore throat, the burning, much of my swelling, and redness was gone. My eyes were wide and white and I guess weren't swollen because I could focus. I left feeling elated. But driving I began to feel fatigued coupled with bursts of energy, some dizziness and strange mental activity. I didn't feel safe driving and canceled work. "

HeidiFaye (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been taking Xolair injections for about a year now. My Family doctor suggested that we try it because for the past 12 years I had such bad reactions to dust, mold and any animal. After years of the typical allergy shots at the Drs. office, and having reactions from them, face swelling, throat shutting off, using the Epipen, it was a weekly thing. Going to the grocery store and praying that the person in line did not have a cat at home, yikes! Well, Xolair is AMAZING! My family doctor "diagnosed me with Asthma" so I could get this medication. Though I only have asthma from the allergies, This medicine REALLY WORKS! Thank you for giving my life back! I can go all month now without an Epipen injection!"

Tweeks (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 9, 2013