User Reviews for Xolair

Urticaria 19 reviews 184 medications

8.8
Summary of Xolair reviews 48 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Xolair

For Urticaria "I'm on xolair for chronic idiopathic urticaria. This shot has changed my life ! I just had my 6th one today, I only get breakthrough hives about once a week and it's not very bad. My dermatographia and angioedema are completely gone. I've been able to get of most of my antihistamines and prednisone as well."

Merfle May 2, 2016

For Urticaria "This has helped my allergies/eczema and asthma. My IEG was pretty high, basically too high to see a difference. I do 2 150 doses every two weeks. It has changed my life."

Clove10 April 4, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "February 2013 I woke up 6 days later in ICU and the nurse pulling a long tube out of my mouth (incubated). I lost 6 days of my life due to respiratory failure from an acute asthma attack. So here I am 3 years later have been on Xolair which has changed my world completely. I have not used my neubulizer machine and occasionally use my inhaler but I travel weekly for work. I am a 57 years of age, female and love animals and the outdoors. As far as side effects there are muscle pains but I would rather know that I can breathe and not be on steroids and other maintenance meds. My husbands peace of mind he makes sure that I do not miss injections. Make sure you check out all financial options for Xolair assistance."

Candyjo April 3, 2016

For Urticaria "I have had hives since 1997 on a daily basis. I have tried every drug and combination there is. The only thing that ever worked was prednisone and we all know how hateful that stuff is. My doctor told me about Xolair a while back and we waited on my insurance to approve it. It has been the best thing that has happened to me. I started 1 1/2 years ago and havn't had a hive since my first injection. My injections were every 4 weeks for a year and now they are every 6 weeks. I do get all over muscle soreness for a week after injections but that goes away and its far better than having hives. I finally feel normal again!"

Gigi1114 March 19, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "This is my second time I have been on this medication. I was on it about 5 years ago for severe asthma and had to stop because of cost and insurance not covering it. I went from a 42% lung capacity to 65% in just about 6 months I felt great and over about 3 years I started to decline again. I started back thanks to better insurance and the co-pay assistance and feel a lot better. My lung capacity still is not great but I have gone from using my rescue inhaler several times a day to using it only about once every few weeks. So far I have been lucky enough to not have any side effects. I highly recommend it but be sure you get the co-pay assistance in place before starting it."

Robh80 March 16, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been in this injection since August 2014. It really has improved my quality of life. Before it, I was in and out of the doctors or ER every week. But now I rarely need to go because of this medication. I have tried so many different medicines and this is the only one that worked for me. It's scary when you see your lung function decreasing over time But xolair has given me hope. I get the shot every 2 weeks. Sometimes the side effects suck, muscle weakness and extreme fatigue but it's better then not breathing"

Jcoop (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2016

For Urticaria "I have had chronic hives every day all over my body since 1982. I went to many doctors and had all kinds of tests and no one could find out why. I researched the internet a few times a year to see if there was any new research done that would prove to be helpful. Last year I read about Xolair After a long discussion with my doctor, we decided to try Xolair injections. On the day of my first injection, I had a swollen hive 4" by 6" on my back that was very painful. After the shot, it started to shrink and I haven't had one single hive since then. I am thrilled. No side effects. My health insurance covers almost all of the cost. I am so thankful to finally be relieved of so many years of suffering!"

MarMar23 February 26, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been taking this injection monthly for 9 years and have been extremely happy with the way it's improved my quality of life. I use my rescue inhaler less and I need prednisone courses very infrequently. Although I try hard to be regimented about getting my shot, I forget to schedule the appt. and/or the delivery to my doctor's office. My body can tell when it's ready for the next one. I feel badly for the person who's posted with such hostility on here about it not working for him/her. It's a godsend for me and many other severe asthmatics."

Jim in NYC February 16, 2016

For Urticaria "I have had daily hives from June 2015 until October 2015, Despite prednisone and mega dose of Anti-Histamine, my hives kept coming every single day. I started xolair in October 2015 and took my first 150 ml shot in October 30, 2015, then In November27, 2015 and then in December 23, 2015. Unfortunately after my 3rd shot and on Christmas day, my hives came back with vengeance and I kept having them daily. The in January 13, 2016, I took 2 shots (300 ml) and still nothing. My hives have been getting worse on a daily basis. I am due for 2 shots next week again. I hope it will work out. Did anyone experience that? Xolair works for couple months then stopped working? Do you think it will work again after few more shots?"

Hives_Nightmare February 10, 2016

For Urticaria "I am 72 years old and have suffered with Chronic Urticaria for 18 months now 24/7 and my antihistamines and prednisone are no longer helping. My Dr. suggested that I try Xolair. I have had my 2nd injections today and have had no decrease in my hives. I have read that it may take 2 or 3 months before it kicks in but I was sure hoping that I would have some relief in the first month, especially because of the cost of this drug. I will continue for a couple more months to give it a fair chance."

Grandma G.G. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Got sick (flu) or so I thought. I went to work. Went home, next morning could barely walk. I went to urgent care got a wheelchair. Doc said I had bad asthma attack. Admitted me in hospital for a while. Seen a pulmonologist, who suggested I try Xolair. That was over 2 years ago, it changed my life. I get shots every 2 weeks.."

Kingbilly December 30, 2015

For Urticaria "Urticaria:- I m 34 yrs old Indian male and working in UAE for past 3 yrs. Suddenly one day I developed hives and swelling on my lip then consulted a dermatologist and started to live with antihistamine tablet called Lezine. All three reports blood, urine and stool were normal But these hives used to come in my body almost once in a month but they were not severe once. It used to be on thighs,legs and shoulders sometime in lip. I was not able to traces the reasons. I did a Ige component test it was expensive however this was also normal. Today I finally planned to go on Xolair injection took 2 shots same time I.e 300 ml thank god my insurance approved this expensive injection. I will update you guys accordingly the effect."

Abbas Dubai (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Hello. I've had asthma since childhood 57 years old my asthma attacks were so bad tried everything. My allergist suggested xolair. My asthma is under control. I feel great regular injections twice a week. I thank my Dr and xolair if your asthma is bad give a try. God bless"

Enrique g November 14, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "As my Conditions are unstable an rare..Professor's have never seen anything like me..Episode's started early January 2013 in serious effects leading me in to icu in September 2013..Since then l've had every test under the sun and they are still no closer to finding out why l have theses episodes..So they decided to put me on the Xolair Injection but they said, "this may not work " its trial and error with you..So l'm due for my 3rd injection on the 8th October. .l have to stay at the Hospital up to 3 hrs per injection. .l've had episodes on this injection. .l don't like the side affects so this will be my last injection. ."

Hallu (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "It works! I used to pray for something to help me-Xolair answered my prayers!I started in March 2015 and the 1st shot my nose cleared. Since then each shot was a journey. I was on Prednisone too often and April August September usually meant using the nebulizer prednisone & hoping I wouldn't go to the hospital. Walking from family room to kitchen was challenging,walking my dog-no way! I now am taking my dog out 4Xday.Also I want to do more things. My allergist never told me about Xolair, I found out on Internet! Please try it as it is lifechanging! Good Luck!"

Anonymous September 24, 2015

For Urticaria "This medicine saved my life! All of a sudden at the age of 39 I was covered in hives on a daily basis for months. Antihistamines and steroids didn't do the trick and I was miserable. Within 2 months of being on this I am completely hive free. I wouldn't be able to function without it. Love it!"

Hive patient (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been taking this medication on and off for the last 6 years. The only reason I didn't take it the whole time was because I was pregnant twice and insurance issues the other time. When I'm not on this medication I can't even so much as look at a cat or dog. I have not had to take oral steroids monthly like I used too, only now maybe once a year with I get a cold or flu. I was so restricted in what I could do before I took xolair, now I can go to the gym or play with the kids just fine. I would recommend to anyone who has asthma and is allergic to an animal."

KelseyB (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 20, 2015

For Urticaria "I have been living with chronic debilitating hives with angioedema for over 30 years! After my first injection of Xolair I have been almost virtually free of hives for 1 yr and 1 month! I got a few hives once and got another injection and they were gone. It has changed my life completley! No weight gain. Just a bit more tired than I use to be but that is fine with me. I can bike and do 1000 more things than I could ever do with hives. The pain was ungodly and I don't know how I lived that way and hope I never have to again,"

hihosilver August 13, 2015

For Urticaria "I had CIU for a year and half before my first Xolair shot. For six months, I never went a day without hives, experienced the lip swelling and face swelling once (never want that experience again). I was told by my allergist that I had exhausted all types of therapy so Xolair was my last and only option. My first shot was in January, three days later I was hive free. I took monthly shots for 6 months, no hives so we decided to try 6 weeks between shots, no hives. It is August now - no hives! Yes it is expensive but not being covered with hives from my head to my toes makes that worth it. I would agree that it has made me gain about 10 pounds and I workout just about every day. I look like I am pregnant but not ready to give up yet."

Sandy A (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 5, 2015

For Urticaria "Yesterday I received my 4th shot. For the past 2 months it seemed after week 3 I would start getting small patches of hives. This last month on the 3rd week ( week-10 days before I was due to receive my shots) my hives came in pretty bad. My ankles and feet start to itch then it works its way up my legs to my mid torso. I have to say I'm panicking since receiving my shot yesterday, and taking 2 benadryl even 4-5 hrs and zyrtec I'm covered with itchy hives!! Can it be that our bodies become immune to the xolar?? Please let me know because I feel like my freedom is taken away from me right as I was so happy and confident being hive free."

Th3610 (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

For Urticaria "I had head to toe hives for the last 3-4 years. Antihistamines did nothing. After my first shot of Xolair, the hives went away for about 3 months. Then after the 4th shot, they came back and stayed with me for another 3 months. I just had my ninth shot and I've been hive free for 3 months. I've put on weight that I can't explain and I'm having more foods give me gas. These are not good side effects but better than the constant itching."

feelingmuchbetter June 8, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "What a waste of time and money! Are the contributors on this site really patients and not Genentech plants? No help with asthma, phlegm after 5 shots at $3000 each, big pharma just printing money with these drugs."

Rich52264 May 3, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I had one injection then three days later I thought - something is different. I can breathe! Checked my peak flow meter and it is up 45 points. Hurray. Can't wait for my next injection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2015

For Urticaria "This is a miracle for me."

JBMD (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2015

For Urticaria "I have had 8 Xolair injections for Chronic Urticaria Autoimmune and I am thrilled it took four shots to get me off prednisone and to be hive free. I one by one removed all the other medicines. I HIGHLY recommend Xolair."

Jewels1984 January 1, 2015