User Reviews for Xolair

Asthma, Maintenance 20 reviews 112 medications

8.6
Summary of Xolair reviews 29 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Xolair

For Urticaria "Yesterday I received my 4th shot. For the past 2 months it seemed after week 3 I would start getting small patches of hives. This last month on the 3rd week ( week-10 days before I was due to receive my shots) my hives came in pretty bad. My ankles and feet start to itch then it works its way up my legs to my mid torso. I have to say I'm panicking since receiving my shot yesterday, and taking 2 benadryl even 4-5 hrs and zyrtec I'm covered with itchy hives!! Can it be that our bodies become immune to the xolar?? Please let me know because I feel like my freedom is taken away from me right as I was so happy and confident being hive free."

Th3610 (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

For Urticaria "I had head to toe hives for the last 3-4 years. Antihistamines did nothing. After my first shot of Xolair, the hives went away for about 3 months. Then after the 4th shot, they came back and stayed with me for another 3 months. I just had my ninth shot and I've been hive free for 3 months. I've put on weight that I can't explain and I'm having more foods give me gas. These are not good side effects but better than the constant itching."

feelingmuchbetter June 8, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "What a waste of time and money! Are the contributors on this site really patients and not Genentech plants? No help with asthma, phlegm after 5 shots at $3000 each, big pharma just printing money with these drugs."

Rich52264 May 3, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I had one injection then three days later I thought - something is different. I can breathe! Checked my peak flow meter and it is up 45 points. Hurray. Can't wait for my next injection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2015

For Urticaria "This is a miracle for me."

JBMD (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2015

For Urticaria "I have had 8 Xolair injections for Chronic Urticaria Autoimmune and I am thrilled it took four shots to get me off prednisone and to be hive free. I one by one removed all the other medicines. I HIGHLY recommend Xolair."

Jewels1984 January 1, 2015

For Urticaria "I have had chronic idiopathic uticaria for over 17 years. Since I was 3, all I can remember is the stress, pain, embarrassment, etc that this condition has caused me. Now, at age 20 I'm finally receiving the medicine I've been hoping and praying for. For a while, Doxepin combined with many different types of antihistamines worked to reduce the amount of hives I would get. Now, only prednisone will temporarily help my hives. Prednisone has caused me to gain weight. Nothing has worked to reduce my hives other than the prednisone, until I found Xolair. The shot did hurt, but it's worth the pain. Towards the end of my first shot, I did get a lot of hives. I'm hoping the next few reduce them even more. I am so happy to have Xolair!"

E123 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2014

For Urticaria "I started taking Xolair, and while it eliminated my hives (yay!) I experienced terrible stomach problems (constant gas and bloating) and weight gain of about 10 lbs that I cannot seem to lose. (I'm small so 10 lb is a lot) It's is hugely annoying- I feel pregnant, and I am very active and fit and have always been able to maintain my weight, and now I can eat almost nothing and work out and it's still there. Going off of Xolair, hope this problem resolves itself. Annoying!"

MomWithHives (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2014

For Urticaria "This has been a miracle for me, and I truly hope that it can help others! For the past two years, I've had chronic refractory idiopathic urticaria, nonresponsive to antihistamines and with angioedema. Four months ago, I began an omalizumab treatment course of 300 mg every 4 weeks. Within days of the first injection, I immediately noticed a huge decrease in the redness, size, and swelling of the hives, and since then, I've noticed a gradual reduction in the symptoms. I've been hive-free for almost a full month now. The only downside: without insurance, this is extremely expensive. But for me, I consider it absolutely worth it."

JennyTalksDrugs May 14, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance "Very useful for treating severe to mild asthma! Highly recommended!"

Selena Perezila May 14, 2014

For Urticaria "I have had CIU for over 13 years without remission. Horrible, painful, debilitating hives that grow for days before receding. I've never gone more than a couple of days without at least one hive, despite mega-doses of antihistamines and other doctor recommended medications. I'd tried it all! I received my first injection of Xolair 26 days ago and have not had one single hive! This medicine is, so far, the miracle I have been hoping and searching for, for 13 long years!"

HivesBgone (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2014

For Urticaria "After suffering for 8 years with my body exploding into itchy & painful hives & occasionally going into anaphylaxis, my immunologist screened me last year to start on Xolair for Autoimmune Chronic Urticaria, Angioedema, Anaphylaxis. I've been on bi-weekly shots since the start of this year. All I can say is that is a MIRACLE medication! I'm no longer mutating into a monster with head to toe hives, swollen eyes & lips, gasping for air & praying the Epi-Pens do their job before I die. Having been on corticosteroids for so long, I blew up like a parade float & started to have problems with bone degeneration & cataracts. 2 weeks after getting my initial injection; I said farwell to steroids!!! HUZZAH! Loving my life once again. :)"

KayCee71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance "Xolair is life-changing. I was diagnosed with severe allergic asthma 35 years ago. While I still take regular maintenance medicines in addition to a steroid inhaler, Xolair had allowed me to give up my nebulizer and has turned of the allergic rhinitis faucet in my head. At the time of my last injection I was wheezing slightly (residual symptoms from a three week battle with bronchitis). Within 15 minutes of the injection the wheezing had stopped and I was breathing easier. I've taken Xolair since 2005 without any adverse reaction. My symptoms are better controlled with Xolair than at any time in my life. Truly a miracle."

Anon909 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "This is only my first shot. I was very symptomatic the morning of the shot - phlegm, restricted breathing, swelling of appendages, face, neck & throat, redness, burning (had idiopathic anaphylaxis/asthma). Twenty minutes after the shot I suddenly felt an unusual open feeling in my sinuses, and my phlegm was gone. I could take an unrestricted breath for the first time in years. I noticed my sore throat, the burning, much of my swelling, and redness was gone. My eyes were wide and white and I guess weren't swollen because I could focus. I left feeling elated. But driving I began to feel fatigued coupled with bursts of energy, some dizziness and strange mental activity. I didn't feel safe driving and canceled work. "

HeidiFaye (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been taking Xolair injections for about a year now. My Family doctor suggested that we try it because for the past 12 years I had such bad reactions to dust, mold and any animal. After years of the typical allergy shots at the Drs. office, and having reactions from them, face swelling, throat shutting off, using the Epipen, it was a weekly thing. Going to the grocery store and praying that the person in line did not have a cat at home, yikes! Well, Xolair is AMAZING! My family doctor "diagnosed me with Asthma" so I could get this medication. Though I only have asthma from the allergies, This medicine REALLY WORKS! Thank you for giving my life back! I can go all month now without an Epipen injection!"

Tweeks (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 9, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have have had far fewer Asthma attacks and allergies since being on Xolair injections every 2 wks and have become a lot less dependent on my rescue inhaler. I've on this medicine for at least 4 yrs and have had no adverse effects and I highly recommend it...it has changed my life."

susan_2009 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 11, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "In May 2006 my breathing had gradually declined to 47% of normal over a period of two years for the FEV 1 test. Nothing my allergist was able to do would turn things around for me. He suggested we try this pretty new medicine. My improvement did not occur immediately, but every month as we measured my lung function it improved by 2 to 5 percent. By the end of that summer I was feeling much, much better and by the end of a years I was up to 77% of normal. Xolair has changed my life and I am able to walk, camp outdoors, play golf and continue many activities and hobbies I had dropped. I even sleep through the night without waking and gasping for air. Use rescue inhaler much less. The improvement has lasted. I take 375 mg every 2 weeks."

BigBirdFrank January 8, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medicine is a miracle, it has changed my life completely. Before Xolair I was being admitted to hospital via ambulance every 6-7 days, with ICU admissions, without this medicine I would not be alive today, as there was nothing else that would help. I have tried everything going, every attack via ambulance they were injecting me with adrenaline until they got me to hospital. "

michlle jessup (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been on this medicine for 7 months and it has absolutely changed my life. The severity of my asthma was so bad, that it would land me in the hospital at least once every two months. And I mean admitted for like a week, not just ER visits. I take 300mg 4 times a month. The results are phenomenal. I am able to do things and participate in physical activities that i havent been able to do in years. I have zero side effects, and although it is a pain to have to go the infusion center at the hospital once a week, it is beyond worth it. If the possible benefits outway the possible risks, I would definitely recommend Xolair."

Anonymous September 28, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was diagnosed with asthma at the age of 2. For years I was a very sick, steroid dependant child. At the age of 11 I was admitted to the number 1 asthma and immunology hospital in the world, as an impatient for just over a year. I did gain a little more control over my asthma, but missed many, many days of school. In my early 20's I became disabled due to my asthma. For years I would do the emergency room thing, be admitted to the local hospital into ICU for a week or so at a time, several times each year. I've been intubated several times due to respiratory failure. I've only been to the ER twice since being on Xolair. All of my other medicines have been discontinued. Thank you."

Mike Guillemette (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medication given bi-weekly, 3 injections each visit (150mg), has been life-changing. Having been in an induced coma to save my life, followed by a trachyotomy, and in & out of hospital many times last year, I needed this. I went from a lung rating of 8/10 (serious) to 0,8 in 4 visits. My lungs have vastly improved, and my Prednisolone (steroid) is stabilized. Fortunately I qualify forr funding as a government patient. I only had one reaction - with the very first dose - a rash. Now I take an anti-histamine before I leave home for the injections."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "I love it. I had NO quality of life I almost gave up on life because I have two kids and I couldn't stand for them to see me suffer any more. This saved my life."

Anonymous February 7, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "This is my 1st shot but I noticed a marked improvement. From 20 attacks a day down to 6. Was scared to try this medicine because I'm allergic to a lot of medicines, food, etc. After the shot I experienced itching at injection site, sleepiness that lasted for 4 hrs. After that I felt energetic and a lessening in all over body pain. That night I slept through without any asthma attack, it appears to also be suppressing my Lupus. It is so great not to constantly have pain and an inhaler in my mouth and be able to walk more than 3 ft and stop for breath. Can't wait for my 2nd shot, I almost feel back to normal. Thank you for creating this medicine just wish it was cheaper."

lybou November 14, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been on Xolair since June 2009, and I can somewhat tell a difference. I don't use my rescue inhaler as much as I used to, and I don't get bronchitis as much. My maintenance medicines have not changed at all over the last few years. Still on the same doses and medicines. I have been using A LOT more of Prednisone though."

WeNdElL74 May 14, 2011

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been on Xolair for 4 months, 2 shots 1 time a month and now as I approach my 5 month. Doctor is talking about decreasing my Advair. I currently take 500 of Advair and have not had to use my rescue inhaler in a very long time. I was diagnosed with COPD about 6 years ago, but my symptoms have totally reversed themselves and I am doing very well. The Doctor tells me that I may only get down to 100 of Advair but I think my asthma is doing great. Xolair is a great medicine."

Awesome Drug.... September 4, 2010