User Reviews for Cyproheptadine

Also known as: Periactin

Learn more about Cyproheptadine.

Allergic Rhinitis 1 reviews 870 medications

Migraine 20 reviews 81 medications

7.8
Summary of Cyproheptadine reviews 83 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Cyproheptadine

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "This medication is PHENOMENAL!! I'm 11 and I was only about 81 pounds, which was a problem for me. But then my doctor prescribed me with this pill and it totally changed my life!!! In about 4 weeks I was 90 pounds... I was so happy!!! I definitely recommend this pill if you are trying to gain weight. Although it will make you sleepy it's still very helpful because I do have trouble going to sleep at night!!! I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PILL, AND IT HAS DEFINITELY CHANGED MY LIFE!!!! "

Minnie45 April 24, 2016

For Anorexia: "1 - My 11 yo was placed on this to "increase her appitite". Guess what? It's hard to eat when your sleeping all the time. 10mg, 1st day I gave it to her on Friday she slept for 18 hours! For 1 week, I was scared to give it to her before school. So I restarted her by cutting it in half and after 5 days, I gave her the whole 10mg. Today I got THE CALL from her Teacher. She is telling her friends she wants to DIE!!! PILLS ARE IN THE TRASH CAN!"

TexasChris (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I have been Underweight in my life. I was searching any kind of Magical trick to gain some weight even i purchased Oral steroids Just to get rid of Skinny structure,Finally I read about Tablet Periactin. But again there was a Problem that Tablet Periactin is not available in many Countries Its UK Brand Medicine require valid Prescription. Then i went to a doctor get prescription and Order this pills . Point to be noted( In Ist few days you will only sleepy roughly ist 5-7 doses if you taking 4 mg /Day. But you will Clearly see difference in your appetite. This Pill is Tailore made for Weight Gain. Absolutely worked So I far I took 12 Tablets It means 1 Tablet/Day and Gained 4 KG weight."

dloverspc (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "Hey Everybody, Im a hard gainer - i have always struggled putting on weight and even struggled to ever feel hungry. Ive been taking Periactin for 6 weeks now and i can happily say for the first time in my life ive put on weight! I've put on exactly 6kgs; so it appears i gain about a kg a week which im completely excited about - doesn't sound a lot to most people but any hard gainers out there will know what im talking about :) Give it a go - its worth it :)"

Miscy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I was 9st 4lb wanted to put some Weight on tried calorie drinks and and eating more but you can't eat more if you're not hungry did research found these pills doctor had never heard of them but prescribed me 3 months of pills 3 a day I took 1 felt shattered so I take half a tablet a day no side effects and now 10st 6lbs in 7 months feeling lot better just give your body time to get used to them"

Paul jo March 4, 2016

For Migraine: "Prescribed this for my four year olds presumed migraines (vomiting, light sensitivity) MRI revealed a chiari malformation. It has helped tremendously. He still suffers an occasional headache but they are fewer and farther between. The increased appetite has been a blessing. He was losing a lot of weight due to another condition and has since stabilized."

Owie Bear (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2016

For Anorexia: "I heard about this cyproheptadine 4mg pill in 2003, but no doctor would prescribed for me until now, I'm 5'2 and weighing 113 on and off. So I asked a new doctor for it and yes he prescribed it. I started 2/11/2016 at 113 now it 2/16/2016 weighing 120 I'm so happy. I was sleepy at first but it gets better over a week so not bad now. I love this pill!"

Kgoodall2017 (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2016

For Anorexia: "I was prescribed this medicine because I have weight issues, I can gain weight but I lose it fast. So my friend told me years ago about it , so I told my doctor . I took it on February 10th, I was 113 now it's Monday the 15 I'm 119. So yes it does work and I'm also over the sleepiness. I love it no bloated gut at all ."

Kgoodall2016 February 16, 2016

For Anorexia: "I started taking Apetamin syrup which is the generic brand for Periactin. It contains the same ingredient -cyproheptadine- which stimulates your appetite. I couldn't find it in stores so I ordered it on Amazon for 17.00 and it arrived in 2 days. I'm 4'11 and I've always been small and had a hard time gaining weight except during my pregnancies. This stuff works!!! I have been eating everything in sight and for the first time I'm able to finish my entire meal. I started taking this on Jan. 31 2016 at 95 lbs by the time I weighed myself on Feb 10 I had gained 7 lbs. I couldn't believe it. I knew my clothes felt tighter and looked better on me but I was not expecting a 7 lb gain so fast. My goal is 120 lbs :) BW= 95lbs CW=102lbs GW=120"

Mocha_ February 11, 2016

For Anorexia: "I have struggled for years to keep weight on, I am 5'2" and was 96lbs. None of my clothes have ever looked good on me....People just don't feel sympathy for people that struggle to gain weight. It's always about diets and losing weight. My appetite was terrible and I would have to force myself to eat....my doctor prescribed this medication a week ago and I have gained 10lbs so far. Cannot wait to see what I look like in two weeks! I will finally be able to wear adult women's clothes and have them fit!"

funnylittlehoney (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "Pale skin"

shyflo January 1, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "On periactin (cyproheptadine) pills 3X pr day since 11/22/15 since then I have gained 22 pounds as of 12/13/15. These pills work wonders for people with poor appetite and eating habit. Being small most of my life I never thought it was possible for me to get over 110 pounds but these pills had me eating whole cakes in one day lol I'm so serious I eat two big macs instead of one with extra mac sauce lol, just everything and a lot of it. I'm lovin the way this 132 looks on me at 5t 3in..."

TIffi3 December 14, 2015

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anorexia: "I have always struggled to gain weight until my dr prescribed me this. It took only a few days to get over the sleepiness but it was worth it. After 2 months I gained about 12 lbs. I only took 1/2-1 pill daily the first month. After I noticed a plateau in weight gain I started to up my dose at 2 pills a day. So far I'm continuing to gain and hope to gain more."

theeeeeothermommm December 5, 2015

For Anorexia: "Every time I loose weight I'll take these for about two months gives you good appetite the only side effects is sleepyness for bout a week but great pills"

Ashley Elam November 14, 2015

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "Was very under weight for my age. Started taking these to help with it and be healthier. I was 102 and I went to 158 in about 2 months. It's been almost a year and I chose to lose some of the weight and I'm down 8 lbs but weight still here. I have a lot of curves now. Side effects is sleepiness but I started cutting my pills in half and that helped a lot. I would take half a pill every 2 hours taking 2 pills a day and then cut back to one whole a day after weight started coming on fast."

Khantrell October 16, 2015

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "Asked my doc for prescription 5 weeks ago. I was shocked when I weighed myself. First month I gained 16 pounds. I had two kids both one year apart. Started losing weight like crazy. Too busy to eat. Well, it keeps you hungry. However, if you go out and buy protein bars and the weight gain shakes, they help fill you up. Ensure is good too. Also on depot so not sure which one makes me crave sweets. I'm suppose to be 150 I'm solid about 5'8. Went down to 118 within weeks. Perfect health just no appetite. The shakes are easy to make and buy some already cooked meals and lots of snacks. I thought my stomach was going to eat itself. I do recommend taking an allergy pill with drowsy affects at bedtime a week before you start. 140 last check"

JustNeededHelp October 4, 2015

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Migraine: "Cluster migraines made my life a misery. New doctor, new approach, and with Periactin of 5 x 4mg at night has changed my life. Yes, be careful with the weight gain, and the sleepiness abated after two weeks. Some strange dreams as well."

scullyuma September 27, 2015

For Anorexia: "Started taking 2 pills a day. Im 6'4" and only 110 pounds. Took this for 2 months and the only thing that happened was me falling asleep constantly during class. Hurt my grades and did absolutely nothing to my appetite,"

JayWilsan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2015

For Anorexia: "My 17-year-old son was 5'8" and 106 pounds. In less than three months, he has increased his weight to 125! He looks amazing. Prescription was for 3x a day, but the weight gain he has achieved has been with 1 to 2 pills per day. We are both very happy with the results."

BonkersMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2015

For Anorexia: "I have struggled with gaining weight/appetite for a while now. After dropping down to 109 and hearing comments every day about being thin, I saw my doctor and he prescribed me this. It has worked wonders for my appetite! I put on 10 lbs in almost 3 weeks and plan to keep going until I'm about 130. They made me sleepy at first but now that has worn off after about the 2nd week. If you are looking to put on weight I highly recommend trying these... Great appetite enhancer!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I am 5'8 and when I started taking those pills cyproheptadine (periactin) I was 115. My Dr gave me the prescription on a Monday and told me to take then and come back on the following Monday. I took 1 each day for that week and when I went back to my Dr I weighed 130. He said that this was impossible. He thought that scale had broken lol. I was extremely excited. I would most definitely 100% recommend it"

loving me September 5, 2015

For Migraine: "I was prescribed this medication along with Nortriptyline after a mild brain injury. It worked for the headaches, but caused dry mouth and weight gain. My doc thinks it's worse due to the med combo. I really want to go off the medication!"

Drasakar August 27, 2015

For Anorexia: "I started taking this well over a year now it's amazing! I've always been under my BMI weight when I first started taking the syrup, I was 5'6 and weighed 6 pounds 11 stone at the age of 22 and after having my 1st baby. A year on I weighed 8st but when I became pregnant I started loosing all my weight due to morning sickness. After 3 months of constant morning sickness I decided to try and start taking apetamin again! And it's fantastic, not only is it completely helping me with my morning sickness it's helping me put on weight and keep it on which can only be a good thing for my baby. I hope this is helpful for any other pregnant mothers who are loosing weight dramatically due to morning sickness, there is hope."

Shareefah_112 August 26, 2015

For Anorexia: "I promised myself I would share my experience with this after I tried it. So here it goes.I grew up the skinny kid all through my life. I was in XC and track, and then I bought this stuff and let it sit on my shelf because the sleeping side effects were too strong. After a while I tried to give it another shot. I eventually got over the tired side effects and kept up with it. I put on weight so fast, it was scary. I went from 140 to an overweight 190 in a matter of months. I'm a 5'9 male and for the first time in my life people were calling me chubby and fat. If this is what your looking for, then you found it, but be careful of what you wish for. I can't fit into any of my clothes. My belly and face are so big now, I don't feel like my self"

Stick thin August 25, 2015

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I have been using this 4 yrs now and I would reccomend it to anyone wanting to gain weight however it makes u feel very sleepy and hungry but if u are going for that smoking hot bot u need to excercise so u would only gain weight in necessary areas"

Trini gyal July 29, 2015