User Reviews for Cyproheptadine

Also known as: Periactin

Learn more about Cyproheptadine.

Allergic Rhinitis 1 reviews 810 medications

Migraine 19 reviews 72 medications

7.7
Summary of Cyproheptadine reviews 74 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Cyproheptadine

For Anorexia: "I have struggled for years to keep weight on, I am 5'2" and was 96lbs. None of my clothes have ever looked good on me....People just don't feel sympathy for people that struggle to gain weight. It's always about diets and losing weight. My appetite was terrible and I would have to force myself to eat....my doctor prescribed this medication a week ago and I have gained 10lbs so far. Cannot wait to see what I look like in two weeks! I will finally be able to wear adult women's clothes and have them fit!"

funnylittlehoney (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

For Allergic Reactions: "Pale skin"

shyflo January 1, 2016

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "On periactin (cyproheptadine) pills 3X pr day since 11/22/15 since then I have gained 22 pounds as of 12/13/15. These pills work wonders for people with poor appetite and eating habit. Being small most of my life I never thought it was possible for me to get over 110 pounds but these pills had me eating whole cakes in one day lol I'm so serious I eat two big macs instead of one with extra mac sauce lol, just everything and a lot of it. I'm lovin the way this 132 looks on me at 5t 3in..."

TIffi3 December 14, 2015

For Anorexia: "I have always struggled to gain weight until my dr prescribed me this. It took only a few days to get over the sleepiness but it was worth it. After 2 months I gained about 12 lbs. I only took 1/2-1 pill daily the first month. After I noticed a plateau in weight gain I started to up my dose at 2 pills a day. So far I'm continuing to gain and hope to gain more."

theeeeeothermommm December 5, 2015

For Anorexia: "Every time I loose weight I'll take these for about two months gives you good appetite the only side effects is sleepyness for bout a week but great pills"

Ashley Elam November 14, 2015

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "Was very under weight for my age. Started taking these to help with it and be healthier. I was 102 and I went to 158 in about 2 months. It's been almost a year and I chose to lose some of the weight and I'm down 8 lbs but weight still here. I have a lot of curves now. Side effects is sleepiness but I started cutting my pills in half and that helped a lot. I would take half a pill every 2 hours taking 2 pills a day and then cut back to one whole a day after weight started coming on fast."

Khantrell October 16, 2015

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "Asked my doc for prescription 5 weeks ago. I was shocked when I weighed myself. First month I gained 16 pounds. I had two kids both one year apart. Started losing weight like crazy. Too busy to eat. Well, it keeps you hungry. However, if you go out and buy protein bars and the weight gain shakes, they help fill you up. Ensure is good too. Also on depot so not sure which one makes me crave sweets. I'm suppose to be 150 I'm solid about 5'8. Went down to 118 within weeks. Perfect health just no appetite. The shakes are easy to make and buy some already cooked meals and lots of snacks. I thought my stomach was going to eat itself. I do recommend taking an allergy pill with drowsy affects at bedtime a week before you start. 140 last check"

JustNeededHelp October 4, 2015

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Migraine: "Cluster migraines made my life a misery. New doctor, new approach, and with Periactin of 5 x 4mg at night has changed my life. Yes, be careful with the weight gain, and the sleepiness abated after two weeks. Some strange dreams as well."

scullyuma September 27, 2015

For Anorexia: "Started taking 2 pills a day. Im 6'4" and only 110 pounds. Took this for 2 months and the only thing that happened was me falling asleep constantly during class. Hurt my grades and did absolutely nothing to my appetite,"

JayWilsan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2015

For Anorexia: "My 17-year-old son was 5'8" and 106 pounds. In less than three months, he has increased his weight to 125! He looks amazing. Prescription was for 3x a day, but the weight gain he has achieved has been with 1 to 2 pills per day. We are both very happy with the results."

BonkersMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2015

For Anorexia: "I have struggled with gaining weight/appetite for a while now. After dropping down to 109 and hearing comments every day about being thin, I saw my doctor and he prescribed me this. It has worked wonders for my appetite! I put on 10 lbs in almost 3 weeks and plan to keep going until I'm about 130. They made me sleepy at first but now that has worn off after about the 2nd week. If you are looking to put on weight I highly recommend trying these... Great appetite enhancer!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I am 5'8 and when I started taking those pills cyproheptadine (periactin) I was 115. My Dr gave me the prescription on a Monday and told me to take then and come back on the following Monday. I took 1 each day for that week and when I went back to my Dr I weighed 130. He said that this was impossible. He thought that scale had broken lol. I was extremely excited. I would most definitely 100% recommend it"

loving me September 5, 2015

For Migraine: "I was prescribed this medication along with Nortriptyline after a mild brain injury. It worked for the headaches, but caused dry mouth and weight gain. My doc thinks it's worse due to the med combo. I really want to go off the medication!"

Drasakar August 27, 2015

For Anorexia: "I started taking this well over a year now it's amazing! I've always been under my BMI weight when I first started taking the syrup, I was 5'6 and weighed 6 pounds 11 stone at the age of 22 and after having my 1st baby. A year on I weighed 8st but when I became pregnant I started loosing all my weight due to morning sickness. After 3 months of constant morning sickness I decided to try and start taking apetamin again! And it's fantastic, not only is it completely helping me with my morning sickness it's helping me put on weight and keep it on which can only be a good thing for my baby. I hope this is helpful for any other pregnant mothers who are loosing weight dramatically due to morning sickness, there is hope."

Shareefah_112 August 26, 2015

For Anorexia: "I promised myself I would share my experience with this after I tried it. So here it goes.I grew up the skinny kid all through my life. I was in XC and track, and then I bought this stuff and let it sit on my shelf because the sleeping side effects were too strong. After a while I tried to give it another shot. I eventually got over the tired side effects and kept up with it. I put on weight so fast, it was scary. I went from 140 to an overweight 190 in a matter of months. I'm a 5'9 male and for the first time in my life people were calling me chubby and fat. If this is what your looking for, then you found it, but be careful of what you wish for. I can't fit into any of my clothes. My belly and face are so big now, I don't feel like my self"

Stick thin August 25, 2015

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Anorexia: "I have been using this 4 yrs now and I would reccomend it to anyone wanting to gain weight however it makes u feel very sleepy and hungry but if u are going for that smoking hot bot u need to excercise so u would only gain weight in necessary areas"

Trini gyal July 29, 2015

For Anorexia: "I only been on this medicine for 2 months I take 3 a day I was 145 when I started and now I'm 170. I love this medicine because I couldn't eat to save my life. Now I'm only taking one pill a day so I won't eat as much. Great medicine"

EricalS July 12, 2015

Periactin (cyproheptadine) for Migraine: "My teenage daughter suffered with debilitating migraines that became daily over a 1 year period. She was finally diagnosed with Chiari 1 Malformation. She tried Topamax for almost a year & Elevil for a month, along with Rizatriptan & Ketaprofen. NOTHING helped until Periactin. She was practically a part of our couch and kept our living room like a dungeon. She cried on a daily basis and could barely go to school. Now she is a normal teen and can even play sports! She rarely gets a headache and it goes away with rest. This is 2 months of 2 pills a day (the lowest dose). She does have a greater appetite, but I have her drink more water and limit her food intake. She stays on a schedule taking her doses, one with breakfast and one by 9 p.m."

Happy Mama (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

For Anorexia: "I used to be anorexic during my time in high school. I haven't been able to gain weight since then. I began dropping pounds and no matter what I ate, my weight would stayed at 105. I tried protein shakes, eating junk food all the time, nothing worked and my doctor prescribed this and it is amazing!"

Nikki93 May 15, 2015

For Anorexia: "Wonder pill! I took my first dose less than 24 hours ago, I have eaten all day. I have gained almost 2 pounds in one day!"

Too little (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

For Anorexia: "I have been taking cyprohetadine for two years. I started taking it when I was 29 years old and weighing 114. I now Weigh 142 pounds something impossible for me before because no matter how much I ate or what protein shakes I took I just couldn't gain weight. All my life I use to be depressed about my weight now I feel good in my skin."

Anonymous May 2, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anorexia: "I have been thin my whole life as are my parents and sister who has had two children. I am 5'6 and about 92 lbs. I started Perfection again as I was on it last year in February for 1 month. I take 2 pills at night. You can definitely tell there is an increase in my appetite. My Doctor prescribed me 60 pills and two refills. I plan to gain at least 20 lbs. I will weigh myself at the end of April and May. I try to snack on peanuts and fruit throughout the day. I will return with results at the end of May. Wish me luck!"

Periactin (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2015

For Anorexia: "it was okay"

Anonymous March 15, 2015

For Anorexia: "I love this medicine. I had to take it while I was pregnant because I was not eating and I was losing weight. So this was a great booster.... Now I'm pregnant again and I'm looking forward to having this medicine again if needed.."

Jessloveme February 15, 2015

For Migraine: "I have been taking this for around three years now and I found that for the first year I was headache free. On my second year I was occasionally getting heads like 2 or 3 a month. Then after my third year of being on the medicine it seemed as though I was taking nothing to help with migranes. I have now been getting up 10 migranes at different times per day. I went to see my neurologist and he said I'm having uncontrolled migranes and he put me on Topamax so I guess I will see how that goes."

AshleyF (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2015