User Reviews for Phenergan

Learn more about Phenergan.

Allergic Rhinitis 1 reviews 870 medications

Vertigo 4 reviews 29 medications

6.6
Summary of Phenergan reviews 74 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Phenergan

For Allergic Reactions "My son was given a one-time dose of 25mg of this drug intravenously for nausea in hospital, while on iv drips which included nitroglycerin, blood pressure medications, and pain opiates. He had a *severe* reaction, which included extremely high bp spikes (over 200 systolic), seizures, disorientation and hallucinations. The blood pressure spikes and seizures were extremely dangerous, as he had just suffered aortic dissection. It was fortunate that this drug reaction was not fatal. This drug should have a huge warning against usage with blood pressure meds, as that is a potentially fatal combination. The pharmacy should reject any request to use this drug in such a combination."

DontUseWithBPMeds (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

For Motion Sickness "Hallucinations, nausea, irritability and exhausted"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was diagnosed with H Pylori and I was throwing up and nauseated every day for an entire month finally I was hospitalized and they gave me phenergran and God Bless the person who created this drug. Even now when I feel the slightest bit of nausea I take it and it'll knock me out and wake up feeling great"

Anonymous November 4, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "All opiates make me sick so I have to take promethazine with them. Also the only thing that stopped my morning sickness."

Honeybee36 (taken for 10 years or more) October 5, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I tried this medicine a day after I vomited three times and had that nausea feeling and that next day I vomited once in the morning but when I went to the medical centre they gave me the prescription for phenergan. I fell asleep instantly for two hours and a half and woke up refreshed and my stomach did not hurt for the rest of the day and I didn't vomit ever since. It's the best medicine for nausea and vomiting."

S.laz September 24, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "It worked to help me sleep every time I tried except once. Also is great if you are sick to your stomach. I have never used it for allergies, but I want to. Try it if your Doctor lets you."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

For Sedation "I was prescribed this for my 6 yr old daughter to help her sleep. I've only been using it a couple of nights but it doesn't seem to be working. I am giving her the 3x5ml dose and giving her it at 6pm and up to now she is still not going to sleep before 11pm. Am I not giving her enough or not giving it enough time to work? Advice greatly appreciated! Thanks"

Ghand79 August 28, 2015

For Sedation "took one 25mg to help me sleep however the next day I felt awful like id been drugged just couldn't wake up this lasted all day.i wont be taking them again .my wife on the other hand takes them every night with no problems"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2015

For Allergic Reactions "I got given it at first by emergency department when a rash was breaking out over my face. It works. But I also have anxiety and have found it to be way better than Valium etc. I feel relaxed and too not sleep I'll just take half a tablet but at night the 25 mg tablet helps my allergies and is a god send to relax the mind. I love it. I've noticed some people take it for nausea. I have always used stemitel and that works almost instantly. And I have no adverse reactions to either. I don't know why they don't use this for anxiety and such"

Tempylyra (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2015

For Sedation "I have no problem falling asleep, but wake in the night and sometimes cannot fall back to sleep. I take one half tablet 12.5 mg of Phenergen and even if my sleep is disturbed I fall back to sleep easily, and wake up refreshed."

Jamwock (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have ulcerative colitis with nausea everyday. I take 1 10mg tablet in the morning and within an hour the nausea has disappeared. It's a miracle!"

Anonnn February 9, 2015

For Opiate Adjunct "Was prescribed Phenergan with opioids after highly invasive complex oral surgery. Slept for a week & did not care if my mouth hurt. Best stuff ever."

Chicken67 January 19, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "Used it after my appendicitis and it worked wonderfully."

Anonymous October 30, 2014

For Light Sedation "Beautiful sleep every night"

tashyxtash31 October 25, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have used this medication many times for nausea. It always helps quickly and completely. The only reason it does not get a perfect score is that it knocks me out! I'll be groggy for the rest of the day even with only one dose."

Mommasick June 20, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting ""Promethazine, you are my hero and I love you." whoever came up with this, you are a hero. Best medicine for nausea."

ANON4579 May 21, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting "Excellent medicine."

Buster22 April 9, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting "I'm going through chemo (Taxol and Carboplatin) for ovarian cancer and Phenergan is great. I sometimes also take Zofran with it because they affect two totally different receptors causing the nausea and both together usually stops the ever present nausea."

Robinowitz September 14, 2013

For Vertigo "This medicine is wonderful for nausea. It helped me with a bad case of vertigo. I was so sick and it was like a miracle how fast and effective it worked."

Anonymous June 29, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "Dosage had to be increased to highest. 75 mg every 4-6 hours."

broken Wyng (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "It took care of the nausea but the hallucinations that came with it were a very unwelcome side effect. "

Kev S May 20, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have chronic pancreatitis and often have persistent nausea and vomiting. I have tried Zofran and a couple of other medications for this but none are as effective as Phenergan. Whether orally or I.V., it takes away the nausea. I have a GJ tube for enteral nutrition. Vomiting can cause the tube to twist and slide out of place so it's imperative to keep it under control. Phenergan does that for me. It also helps with the side effects from the painkillers I must take every day (oxycodone and Dilaudid). I don't know where I would be without it. Phenergan may be old school but it works for me better than any newer medicine."

LauraLab1 May 13, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "Woke up with dizziness and terrible nausea. After 5 hours of dry heaving, went to doctor. One injection and nausea gone almost immediately. Slept for 3 hours, then ate dry bagel, chicken soup without any problems. Next day, eating normally but feel tired and a little "under the weather"."

n8xwb April 10, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "Used it my whole pregnancy!"

Raii (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2013

For Opiate Adjunct "I have been taking Phenergan 25mg for yrs now. I have no problem with it and it works fine for me. This is for the lady that said she was 65yr old and her daughter had same reaction. You are severely allergic to Phenergan, do not take it any more, please. My wife was prescribed it for nausea and vomiting. She started taking it and every time she started feeling like throwing up by the time I made her go to the emergency room she was on the couch with her feet raised, I mean I had to put a cinder block under the end of the couch to raise it up enough for her. She could not stand up without throwing up and I had to hold her up to get to the bathroom. She was in the hospital for a week. Now she cannot look up without getting dizzy & going to pass out!"

Anonymous April 8, 2013