User Reviews for Phenergan

Learn more about Phenergan.

Allergic Reactions 1 reviews 187 medications

Hay Fever 0 reviews 877 medications Not rated - Be the first
Urticaria 0 reviews 189 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Phenergan reviews 62 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Phenergan

For Nausea/Vomiting: Used it after my appendicitis and it worked wonderfully.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2014 6:13 AM

Review by tashyxtash31:

For Light Sedation: Beautiful sleep every night

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2014 9:20 AM

Review by Mommasick:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I have used this medication many times for nausea. It always helps quickly and completely. The only reason it does not get a perfect score is that it knocks me out! I'll be groggy for the rest of the day even with only one dose.

June 20, 2014 12:20 PM

Review by ANON4579:

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Promethazine, you are my hero and I love you." whoever came up with this, you are a hero. Best medicine for nausea.

May 21, 2014 6:47 PM

Review by Buster22:

For Nausea/Vomiting: Excellent medicine.

April 9, 2014 12:02 AM

Review by Robinowitz:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I'm going through chemo (Taxol and Carboplatin) for ovarian cancer and Phenergan is great. I sometimes also take Zofran with it because they affect two totally different receptors causing the nausea and both together usually stops the ever present nausea.

September 14, 2013 12:50 AM

For Vertigo: This medicine is wonderful for nausea. It helped me with a bad case of vertigo. I was so sick and it was like a miracle how fast and effective it worked.

June 29, 2013 5:14 PM

Review by broken Wyng (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Nausea/Vomiting: Dosage had to be increased to highest. 75 mg every 4-6 hours.

May 30, 2013 7:59 PM

Review by Kev S:

For Nausea/Vomiting: It took care of the nausea but the hallucinations that came with it were a very unwelcome side effect.

May 20, 2013 2:41 PM

Review by LauraLab1:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I have chronic pancreatitis and often have persistent nausea and vomiting. I have tried Zofran and a couple of other medications for this but none are as effective as Phenergan. Whether orally or I.V., it takes away the nausea. I have a GJ tube for enteral nutrition. Vomiting can cause the tube to twist and slide out of place so it's imperative to keep it under control. Phenergan does that for me. It also helps with the side effects from the painkillers I must take every day (oxycodone and Dilaudid). I don't know where I would be without it. Phenergan may be old school but it works for me better than any newer medicine.

May 13, 2013 3:57 PM

Review by n8xwb:

For Nausea/Vomiting: Woke up with dizziness and terrible nausea. After 5 hours of dry heaving, went to doctor. One injection and nausea gone almost immediately. Slept for 3 hours, then ate dry bagel, chicken soup without any problems. Next day, eating normally but feel tired and a little "under the weather".

April 10, 2013 1:04 PM

Review by Raii (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Nausea/Vomiting: Used it my whole pregnancy!

April 8, 2013 9:08 PM

For Opiate Adjunct: I have been taking Phenergan 25mg for yrs now. I have no problem with it and it works fine for me. This is for the lady that said she was 65yr old and her daughter had same reaction. You are severely allergic to Phenergan, do not take it any more, please. My wife was prescribed it for nausea and vomiting. She started taking it and every time she started feeling like throwing up by the time I made her go to the emergency room she was on the couch with her feet raised, I mean I had to put a cinder block under the end of the couch to raise it up enough for her. She could not stand up without throwing up and I had to hold her up to get to the bathroom. She was in the hospital for a week. Now she cannot look up without getting dizzy & going to pass out!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2013 2:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vertigo: It works for me. After about 10mg of the Phenergan, I was no longer feeling dizzy and I wasn't sick at all.

March 12, 2013 12:58 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I have chronic pancreatitis and have severe nausea almost every day. My doctor tried many different medicines for nausea and vomiting over the 8 years I've been sick. Several years ago I tried Phenergen and had a severe allergic reaction. I later learned is called a tonic reaction.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2012 1:27 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Light Sedation: I took the recommended dose and was extremely drowsy yet angry and restless. It was like I wanted to scream out of frustration but was too tired and edgy.

August 29, 2012 8:33 PM

For Nausea/Vomiting: This has been my life saver medicine.

August 23, 2012 11:36 AM

Review by Littlmystri:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I have been using Phenergan to treat nausea for years. I have frequent and severe nausea associated with abdominal pain. It has been over three years and I am yet to get a diagnosis. I am grateful for this medicine. It is the only thing that stops the nausea. I would be crazy without this medicine! I was given Phenergan in the ER after I had a bad reaction to Zofran. It worked so well I asked the Doctor to send me home with a prescription for it. At my last ER visit they told me they were out of Phenergan and that it was in short supply. I was given Bentyl instead. That also gave me a bad reaction. I do without nausea medicine in the hospital if they do not have Phenergan.

March 30, 2012 2:46 AM

For Nausea/Vomiting: My wife has taken this medicine in pill form to combat nausea due to chemo, with no adverse side effects. Last week she was given a dose via her central line. She became psychotic and combative. Phenergan via IV was not good for her. Zofran is an excellent alternative.

February 11, 2012 9:00 PM

For Opiate Adjunct: I am on opiate pain medication for a back injury from a car accident, and the opiates make me nauseated and vomit. Pain doc put me on 25mg Promethazine 3X a day and it works wonders! It will make you a little sleepy, but once you get used to it then that feeling goes away. And I've tried Tigan (Trimethobenzamide) which made nausea worse. Tried Zolfran (Ondansetron) which I hated because it taste nasty and that doesn't help when you are nauseated. I would HIGHLY recommend Promethazine for ANYONE who SUFFERS with nausea from opiates or has chronic nausea!

January 24, 2012 12:10 PM

Review by Szabina:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I had gall bladder surgery and got narcotics for pain afterwards. No matter what pain killer I got, they made me vomit even at half the dose. Ondansetron (Zofran) helped some but not fully. Once I got my first dose of Phenergan my nausea was completely gone. It made me very sleepy but I was very happy about. This was the best anti-nausea medication that I ever had!

November 28, 2011 10:52 AM

For Opiate Adjunct: Good adjunct with analgesics.

November 4, 2011 9:09 AM

For Light Sedation: This is my magic pill. I suffer from vertigo, chronic spinal pain, sleeplessness, mild depression because of the spinal pain, and usually I get sick to my stomach with even one aspirin. I take 1/2 of one pill of this every night before bed and sleep like a baby and awake feeling rested, happy, and nausea-free. I hope the vertigo is gone too but haven't taken this long enough to know about that. I take small doses of everything because I feel the effects of any medicine very strongly. WHY hasn't a doctor offered this to me before?

August 31, 2011 6:57 PM

Review by myiysis:

For Nausea/Vomiting: This medicine helped my nausea, but made me to tired to function properly. It would be great if you have nausea at night time.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 1, 2011 8:49 AM

For Nausea/Vomiting: I too have Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. This medicine has helped me so much.

March 21, 2011 1:15 PM