User Reviews for Phenergan

Learn more about Phenergan.

Allergic Reactions 2 reviews 174 medications

Hay Fever 0 reviews 813 medications Not rated - Be the first
Urticaria 0 reviews 190 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Phenergan reviews 66 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Phenergan

For Allergic Reactions "I got given it at first by emergency department when a rash was breaking out over my face. It works. But I also have anxiety and have found it to be way better than Valium etc. I feel relaxed and too not sleep I'll just take half a tablet but at night the 25 mg tablet helps my allergies and is a god send to relax the mind. I love it. I've noticed some people take it for nausea. I have always used stemitel and that works almost instantly. And I have no adverse reactions to either. I don't know why they don't use this for anxiety and such"

Tempylyra (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2015

For Sedation "I have no problem falling asleep, but wake in the night and sometimes cannot fall back to sleep. I take one half tablet 12.5 mg of Phenergen and even if my sleep is disturbed I fall back to sleep easily, and wake up refreshed."

Jamwock (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 19, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have ulcerative colitis with nausea everyday. I take 1 10mg tablet in the morning and within an hour the nausea has disappeared. It's a miracle!"

Anonnn February 9, 2015

For Opiate Adjunct "Was prescribed Phenergan with opioids after highly invasive complex oral surgery. Slept for a week & did not care if my mouth hurt. Best stuff ever."

Chicken67 January 19, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "Used it after my appendicitis and it worked wonderfully."

Anonymous October 30, 2014

For Light Sedation "Beautiful sleep every night"

tashyxtash31 October 25, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have used this medication many times for nausea. It always helps quickly and completely. The only reason it does not get a perfect score is that it knocks me out! I'll be groggy for the rest of the day even with only one dose."

Mommasick June 20, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting ""Promethazine, you are my hero and I love you." whoever came up with this, you are a hero. Best medicine for nausea."

ANON4579 May 21, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting "Excellent medicine."

Buster22 April 9, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting "I'm going through chemo (Taxol and Carboplatin) for ovarian cancer and Phenergan is great. I sometimes also take Zofran with it because they affect two totally different receptors causing the nausea and both together usually stops the ever present nausea."

Robinowitz September 14, 2013

For Vertigo "This medicine is wonderful for nausea. It helped me with a bad case of vertigo. I was so sick and it was like a miracle how fast and effective it worked."

Anonymous June 29, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "Dosage had to be increased to highest. 75 mg every 4-6 hours."

broken Wyng (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "It took care of the nausea but the hallucinations that came with it were a very unwelcome side effect. "

Kev S May 20, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have chronic pancreatitis and often have persistent nausea and vomiting. I have tried Zofran and a couple of other medications for this but none are as effective as Phenergan. Whether orally or I.V., it takes away the nausea. I have a GJ tube for enteral nutrition. Vomiting can cause the tube to twist and slide out of place so it's imperative to keep it under control. Phenergan does that for me. It also helps with the side effects from the painkillers I must take every day (oxycodone and Dilaudid). I don't know where I would be without it. Phenergan may be old school but it works for me better than any newer medicine."

LauraLab1 May 13, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "Woke up with dizziness and terrible nausea. After 5 hours of dry heaving, went to doctor. One injection and nausea gone almost immediately. Slept for 3 hours, then ate dry bagel, chicken soup without any problems. Next day, eating normally but feel tired and a little "under the weather"."

n8xwb April 10, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "Used it my whole pregnancy!"

Raii (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2013

For Opiate Adjunct "I have been taking Phenergan 25mg for yrs now. I have no problem with it and it works fine for me. This is for the lady that said she was 65yr old and her daughter had same reaction. You are severely allergic to Phenergan, do not take it any more, please. My wife was prescribed it for nausea and vomiting. She started taking it and every time she started feeling like throwing up by the time I made her go to the emergency room she was on the couch with her feet raised, I mean I had to put a cinder block under the end of the couch to raise it up enough for her. She could not stand up without throwing up and I had to hold her up to get to the bathroom. She was in the hospital for a week. Now she cannot look up without getting dizzy & going to pass out!"

Anonymous April 8, 2013

For Vertigo "It works for me. After about 10mg of the Phenergan, I was no longer feeling dizzy and I wasn't sick at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have chronic pancreatitis and have severe nausea almost every day. My doctor tried many different medicines for nausea and vomiting over the 8 years I've been sick. Several years ago I tried Phenergen and had a severe allergic reaction. I later learned is called a tonic reaction."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2012

For Light Sedation "I took the recommended dose and was extremely drowsy yet angry and restless. It was like I wanted to scream out of frustration but was too tired and edgy. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting "This has been my life saver medicine."

Anonymous August 23, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have been using Phenergan to treat nausea for years. I have frequent and severe nausea associated with abdominal pain. It has been over three years and I am yet to get a diagnosis. I am grateful for this medicine. It is the only thing that stops the nausea. I would be crazy without this medicine! I was given Phenergan in the ER after I had a bad reaction to Zofran. It worked so well I asked the Doctor to send me home with a prescription for it. At my last ER visit they told me they were out of Phenergan and that it was in short supply. I was given Bentyl instead. That also gave me a bad reaction. I do without nausea medicine in the hospital if they do not have Phenergan."

Littlmystri March 30, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting "My wife has taken this medicine in pill form to combat nausea due to chemo, with no adverse side effects. Last week she was given a dose via her central line. She became psychotic and combative. Phenergan via IV was not good for her. Zofran is an excellent alternative."

Anonymous February 11, 2012

For Opiate Adjunct "I am on opiate pain medication for a back injury from a car accident, and the opiates make me nauseated and vomit. Pain doc put me on 25mg Promethazine 3X a day and it works wonders! It will make you a little sleepy, but once you get used to it then that feeling goes away. And I've tried Tigan (Trimethobenzamide) which made nausea worse. Tried Zolfran (Ondansetron) which I hated because it taste nasty and that doesn't help when you are nauseated. I would HIGHLY recommend Promethazine for ANYONE who SUFFERS with nausea from opiates or has chronic nausea!"

Anonymous January 24, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting "I had gall bladder surgery and got narcotics for pain afterwards. No matter what pain killer I got, they made me vomit even at half the dose. Ondansetron (Zofran) helped some but not fully. Once I got my first dose of Phenergan my nausea was completely gone. It made me very sleepy but I was very happy about. This was the best anti-nausea medication that I ever had!"

Szabina November 28, 2011