User Reviews for Keflex

Learn more about Keflex.

Keflex review summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 881 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Infection.

Reviews for Keflex to treat Bacterial Infection

Review by Some1one (taken for less than 1 month):

VERY effective antibiotic on two (2) separate events for oral abcess! Usually a straight Penicillin customer, I am & Doc prefers Amoxicillin (not efficacious for me). Compromise medicine: Keflex is the most foul-smelling thing I ever wanted to swallow because it works... so hold your breath!

December 28, 2012 11:51 AM

Review by hi5 (taken for less than 1 month):

I had an abscess on my upper gum resulting from terrible dentist work. I had also been prescribed amoxicillin 500mg, however after a week of taking amoxicillin the pain/swelling did not go away it got noticeably worse. However after taking my first full dose of Keflex swelling reduced and gradually faded out by the time my dosage was complete. Would highly recommend Keflex.

October 30, 2012 9:21 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I was prescribed Keflex (Cephalexin) after having surgery to prevent infection, and wanted to add to the list of side effects. They do not mention acid reflux, which I had every time I took the capsule (4 times a day, for 10 days). Also women need to take a probiotic while on this medication as it decreases natural flora and you can get yeast infection. I learned this the hard way by not eating enough yogurt while on this medication and not taking any probiotics. Just wanted to give a heads up and hopefully spare many women this highly uncomfortable experience.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2012 10:36 PM

Review by SicklySue:

I have used this medicine for years for many different conditions including bronchitis, boils, bladder infection, sinusitis among a few others. The problem though, has become since I have used it so many times, I am almost resistant to it and need a larger dose or longer dosing schedule to clear up a more severe case of the ailment. When it works, it works well.

May 24, 2012 7:29 AM

Review by RxGuineapig:

I was prescribed Keflex for an infection that occurred after root canal went bad. Evidently the previous dentist had not been able to successfully remove all of the nerve and pulp and over time an infection resulted. Keflex was well tolerated by me and helped to reduce the swelling within the gum until I was able to have a root canal retreatment in order to remove the rest of the nerve and pulp. The rating that I provided is due to the fact that this medication required 4 doses daily which I felt there must have been some other medication available that required less commitment. Still, it did work and I would take it again if prescribed.

June 2, 2011 11:41 AM

The best drug out there if you have an external yeast infection.

July 6, 2009 9:51 PM