User Reviews for Macrobid

Learn more about Macrobid.

Prevention of Bladder infection 12 reviews 29 medications

5.8
Urinary Tract Infection 98 reviews 174 medications

Bladder Infection 69 reviews 68 medications

4.9
Summary of Macrobid reviews 179 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Macrobid

For Urinary Tract Infection "This is about my mom , 6 years ago my mom died because of this medicine , after 2 tablets she went to coma, and after 3 days she's gone . Please don't take this medicine . .."

Mysy January 19, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I became very ill and had to go to a hospital."

Mambasian January 17, 2016

For Bladder Infection "Macrobid has always helped me I have had many bladder infections..I am amazed how many people do not know of the miracle the medication Pyridium is to release bladder pain also I don't know why doctors don't recommend it...but please do know pyridium will not cure but mask the infraction release pain in about 20 min worked for me as needed for over 30 years. "

Good news January 10, 2016

For Bladder Infection "I took macrobid for two and half days felt sick. Plus I'm scared of anything that poses a risk of side effects that are mile and half long. Macrobid made me so sick that I ended up at the ER with swollen lymph nodes ,stiff neck, nausea migraine that caused eye pain, vomiting, chill I felt poisoned . My sister wanted to stay with us because she was so worried about me. I was sick for three days in bed . Never , ever again I'm only seeing nautropathic doctors and chinese medicine doc unless it is life or death"

1Grace007 January 9, 2016

For Bladder Infection "Fever chills fatigue headache pounding heartbeat chest pains and ached all over- I will never take this again!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Bladder Infection "I had a stubborn UTI that was unresponsive to Cipro and starting to show signs of a kidney infection. This drug was a miracle worker. Within 48 hours I finally felt relief after a long, horrible wait of dealing with intense bladder pressure. I ate heavy meals with each pill, did not experience nausea or other GI issues. I was however tired ALL 7 days of this pill. I slept so much, I mean seriously this pill knocked me out. So that is frustrating, but will take fatigue any day over GI symptoms and at the point I started taking this drug I was willing to try anything to get rid of this infection. I was SO miserable. I just finished my last pill and noticed a dry cough with shortness of breath, so that's why I gave it an 8."

Anonymous January 3, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "After my UTI reoccurred, my doctor prscbd me Macrobid. I took the new antibiotics about 9 days after completing the Cipro antibiotics and I felt better after the 3rd day of using the pills. I did have neon urine which was typical. There was a drastic change with my sleeping pattern, all I wanted to do was sleep. Fatigue was a side effect. I woke up to a headache/unsettled stomach (ate a heavy meal w/ pill) a few times. Now 7 days in, my old symptoms are back up. I didn't drink as much H20 the first few days, but I've since amped the amount of water I intake. I also bought Cranberry pills to hopefully help clear it up. Don't feel like throwing out more cash or another doctors visit."

EV2EB (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I tried this for a UTI, got sharp pains behind my ribs that come and go all the time. Stopped taking it after two or three days and my UTI came right back. Now on bactrim and have the WORST head aches all day long."

Emmy4559 December 29, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I suffer with painful bladder syndrome and this medicine I've taken to help prevent me from getting water infections due to the nature of having PBS. I have had water infections while being on this still so was really disappointed and has hit hard. In my experience I don't think these are good for preventing water infections for my individual case."

Lunacat December 26, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I had an extremely painful bladder infection and this medication worked by day 3. ...........I'm on day 6 now, one more day to go, The only side effect I had was feeling tired and achey but I slept more which helped. Also extreme anxiety from reading the scary reviews on here lol. This medicine saved me from a kidney infection."

deedeeking (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I tried taking this medicine twice. Both times I could only get to the second or third dose before being affected. It does cure the UTI however, I awoke with a terrible headache and a weird sensation in my eyes. By the second dose this weird sick feeling increased so much that I can only describe it as a poisoned feeling. As I have never been allergic or sensitive to anything I stupidly tryed it again. Same result."

Mary Ann K December 23, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Please read!!! Presccribed macrobid 100mg for bladder infection. Took the first dose at 5pm after a full meal (on the advise of my Dr who warned slight stomach irritation) around 2 am I woke up vomitting yellow bile which lasted for several hours. I was shaking and sweating and couldn't even keep water down. I'm on my 4th dose and symptoms are subsiding..I feel like I'm going to vomit, have a headache and am extremely dizzy. Please be careful when taking this its like a flu in pill form!"

Am1989 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I read the side effects before taking this medicine, which you should probably never do, but I decided to give it a try anyways. Took one dose and was fine, after the next dose I started feeling not good. Got the chills and a slight fever, and made my already existing anxiety worse. It did however, make the urinary symptoms subside. However, when my original urinary culture returned, no bacteria was found??? needless to say, because of the side effects, I stopped after two doses."

hayck December 20, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Taken 3 doses of this stuff for UTI It's godawful... I went to work with a boiling forehead and headaches, took some pain pills for the headache but my forehead still felt like it was melting off. Go home, take my third dose, headache comes back and is wicked... my tongue is cramping and my throat feels strange, I'm afraid to fall asleep. Never taking this stuff ever again."

K-li (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed this for a UTI last week. I took my first dose right before bed, and then woke up at 4am with a horrible headache and an extremely stiff neck. The symptoms persisted for two days and it was almost unbearable. I would not take this again if my life depended on it."

Uncomfortable and unhappy December 15, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was diagnosed with an antibiotic-resistant UTI in February 2015 and put on macrobid pending IV administration of a carbapenum and after two courses of cipro. I can't say for sure, but strongly suspect, that the macrobid caused an intracranial inflammatory response that precipitated rapid-onset hydrocephalus, for which I required surgical intervention in the form of a shunt. My brain felt hot and swollen, and I developed hideous prickly headaches, a shuffling gait and a tendency to walk into broom closets. When I called my doc and said I thought my brain was being killed by the stuff, she said, so, stop taking it. I'll never know if the macrobid was a cause, an agent, or happenstance, but would strongly urge extreme caution."

Muhair December 13, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I've had macrobid twice now for UTI and I feel like I'm gonna die, can't take a lot of antibiotics bc I am allergic to penicillin and sulfates. But this medication scares the hell outta me, I'm pregnant and I've stopped taking it for three days and symptoms haven't disappeared"

Dp251 December 2, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Received Macrobid through IV and RX to go. Took for six days. Felt bad the whole time. Been off for five days now. UTI is back. Cipro has always worked best for me. Will call doctors office tomorrow."

Wanda W (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Be aware. I was prescribed this med both for recurrent UTI's and prophylactic use. After using it for years, I suffered full body toxicity and now have been completely disabled by this medicine. I presented to the ER on several occasions, with burning in my hands and feet, and to my doctor. Nobody made the connection. I kept using the medicine. I am now disabled with severe body wide neuropathy that appears to be permanent. It is a living hell. Beware using this drug long term. It has ruined my life. I am homebound with severe bodywide neuropathic pain and am in "pain management" with no relief"

swim2lakes November 26, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I can't say whether or not this was successful at treating my UTI because I had to stop on the third day. I was experiencing severe side effects, including chest pain and numbness in my hands and arms. Also it was rather expensive, even with my insurance, after I stopped taking it my doctor prescribed Keflex which worked and was only $2.00 a month."

frances123 (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I have been on macrobid twice for bladder infections. It cleared them up, but the side effects knocked me off my feet for days. Fever of 101 - 102 and flu-like achiness and wicked headaches or the entire time I was on the medication. The first time I took it the doctor said I must have had the flu too. The second time I called him after three days and had him switch me to another antibiotic."

SuzeR22 November 21, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took a dose, felt weird and went to sleep. Took my second dose twelve hrs later and feel so weird. My left eye hurts, my neck hurts. I will not take another dose of this. I am terrified of the side effects I am having from this. Anyone who is considering should think again. Although some people may have a good experience, you never know."

Ref72386 November 20, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was diagnosed with a UTI on Friday 11-06-15 and prescribed Cipro, while the urine culture was done. On Monday 11-09-15, the culture showed that Cipro was resistant and I was prescribed Macrobid, since it was sensitive. I have been feeling so tired that I missed 2 days of work from the fatigue and brain fog/confusion. The medication has taken care of the UTI but the side effects were more miserable than the UTI symptoms."

annebeth66 (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have been taking micro for 2 1/2 days and I feel worse than the UTI my stomach hurts really bad heartburn is terrible and chest pain very bad gas pains all and all I feel like crap I stopped taking it and let's see if I feel better never again will I take this my neighbor took it and ended up in the hospital almost died"

mikjack (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2015

For Prevention of Bladder infection "I had this tablet prescribed to me to take for three days, twice a day to prevent bladder infection. The tablet made me go yellow,vomit, lose my appetite and generally made me feel really bad. I still have a bladder infection so I wouldn't recommend it"

Anonymous0982 October 31, 2015