User Reviews for Macrobid

Learn more about Macrobid.

Prevention of Bladder infection 8 reviews 29 medications

6.8
Urinary Tract Infection 63 reviews 163 medications

5.6
Bladder Infection 51 reviews 79 medications

5.1
Summary of Macrobid reviews 122 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Macrobid

For Bladder Infection "First day worked fine, although will say my pee was neon...wasnt expecting that. Second day however, tired all of the time with a killer headache that doesnt seem to go away and very cold and achey. Good that I can finally sleep after three nights of not being able to (great bank holiday that was) and pain went after the first two tablets were taken. This is the second time ive been on these, would definitely take again."

Anon.. May 6, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Taking Macroboid has saved my life! I have been prone to UTIs since I was sexually active and have had bladder infections by whole life. I have tried everything from Cipro (makes my feet swollen) to Bactrum (doesn't cure) amongst many others. I was very surprised by the other reviews so felt the need to write one because it has been the best medication to help prevent me from getting another UTI- as long as I take food with it, I am fine."

Mariemc May 6, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Developed interstitial lung disease and hypoxia."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 5, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I started this medicine for my UTI I always ate a meal with this pill I really did not experience any sickness I was on it for 7 days . I have trouble anxiety but it was not too bad but it seemed like this medicine made me more anxious at times then on my last few days I felt a little weird at times then on my last day taking the medicine I woke up with my throat scratchy then by evening I had a fever and bad chills I didn't take the last pill because I felt so bad my head kinda hurts too I don't know if it's this medicine for sure or if I'm catching a virus"

Ctmrdm28 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Prescribed macrobid for a UTI. I took my first pill last night with rice and bread, felt fine. Woke up this morning to get ready for work and had to sit down in the shower I got so nauseous. Couldn't even finish washing out my shampoo and had to lean over the toilet because I thought I would throw up. Held it in and almost passed out walking back to my bed. Slept another three hours then got up to try to make toast and got too nauseous and dizzy to even wait on the toaster. The UTI already feels much better after one pill but I have never felt so miserable, am missing work, and have called my doctor to try to get off this medication."

Anonymous April 28, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Started macrobid no rection first day second day felt congested in my chest which was weird by that night I had cold fingers and toes and very sore joints, toes, fingers, ankles and worst of all the knees. Feel really awful have stopped the antibiotic never again. Can't wait to feel normal again"

luckytubs April 27, 2015

For Bladder Infection "This is the second time I have been prescribed this drug and it has done nothing but prolong my pain. There has to be something better than this for UTI's, it was not a shock for me to see all of the low reviews on it."

NotSoLucky (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "It was 5am in the morning when I first started with the symptoms. My prescription for macrobid was ready by 9:30am . I took my first dose by 10am. By about 1pm I was able to fall asleep since the pain and urgency to run to the bathroom subsided. Thank goodness"

sinceresis April 7, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "On first day severe nausea headache and vomiting. Couldn't get out of bed and had to stop taking."

Barbuda (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Made me sick. Ran a fever and was very dizzy and disoriented for days!"

Grace2429 March 23, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Haven't had a UTI in probably more than 10 years. Have recently been diagnosed with 2 in the last 3 months. Had Macrobid both times. The first time I ended up with fever and chills, but thought I was unlucky and had picked up a virus. Symptoms went away by the end of the treatment. When UTI came back, I was given the same medication. Within 12 hours of taking the first does, my fever and chills became so bad that I almost went to urgent care. Advil reduced the fever temporarily, but I won't take it again."

WGDMS (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "My third day on it, no side effects and not having to the bathroom every hour. I will definitely take it again."

Gelly March 8, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Headache, nauseous, on day one, left arm tingling day 1, 2, 3. Nightmare and neck pain day 4....and 3 more days to go...."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took my first pill of macrobid last night and it caused nausea and it made me exhausted. I noticed when I was nauseous, I felt better if I ate something. It's like I constantly needed something in my stomach, but I felt miserable. I also had chills so I'm guessing I had a fever. I'm about to eat a heavy breakfast and take my next pill, hopefully this second dose goes okay. Otherwise my doctor is getting a phone call first thing Monday morning."

Lauren26 March 7, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Third day on it and I feel like I have the flu but without respiratory symptoms. Tired, muscle aches, headache, dizziness, nauseated. Still better than having to pee, painfully, every ten minutes."

Curieuxdelune (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "It made me very sleepy and dizzy. I also got chest pains and it made my heart race. My urine was also a very bright, almost neon yellow color. I stopped taking it after it 2 days and then I was fine. And I always took it after I ate. The one time I took it on an empty stomach, I vomited and was nauseous for a few hours."

Ericaaloveschase February 28, 2015

For Bladder Infection "After reading the reviews of Macrobid, I was terrified to take it. As a person with severe acid reflux and irritable bowel syndrome, I was scared that I would have all these terrible experiences that people were describing. However, all of my doses were taken with a COMPLETE meal and I did not suffer from any side effects except for a slight headache."

Anonymous February 13, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Tried this medication several times and was not effective. UTI had only worsened. Side effect of diarrhea also."

Robin P. (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I was prescribed this based on my symptoms and prior to the lab results coming back. My first dose was at 7 pm and the second at 7 am. By lunch the blood in my urine was gone and the pains were subsiding. I took as scheduled with no side effects and when my cultures came back it was confirmed a bladder infection. This medicine is fantastic."

NannyBooBoo (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Worked good with slight side effects (currently pregnant) frequent twitching of the left eye, and very bright yellow colored urine, dry mouth. Side effects were not severe enough to discontinue and the infection was effectively treated."

JME momma January 19, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I've been on this medication more times than I can remember and it always works wonderfully. The only side effect is some sleepiness but make sure to drink enough water and have a little caffeine."

Doglover782 January 18, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "It is the only antibiotic that works for my urinary tract infections, and I haven't ever had any of the side effects. I generally feel better already after the 2nd dose."

Lonnah (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Don't take on an empty stomach! Always works great for me!"

ankegram3 January 11, 2015

For Bladder Infection "At first it wasn't working, but the closer I got to finishing the pills it was clearing up. I made sure I ate before I took the pill to avoid getting sick. It made me extremely sleepy though."

Kera Ann December 7, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "I react and have side effects to almost everything I take. I'm allergic to Bactrim and doxycycline and Cipro is awful for me. No vomiting or flu symptoms everyone keeps talking about. Sometimes I get hot flashes (I'm 24) and an upset stomach but that's the worst of it."

Kbjohnso2 August 25, 2014