Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Macrobid

Learn more about Macrobid.

Prevention of Bladder infection 8 reviews 29 medications

6.8
Urinary Tract Infection 56 reviews 164 medications

5.6
Bladder Infection 49 reviews 79 medications

Summary of Macrobid reviews 113 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Macrobid

For Urinary Tract Infection: I took Macrobid for 3 days, I started having muscle aches. Flu like symptoms and stiff neck and nausea.

December 1, 2012 3:58 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: Day 2 I wondered why my feet were stinging and burning when I got ready to go to bed. Now I notice they are stinging again. I guess three days is enough for me.

October 12, 2012 3:23 AM

For Urinary Tract Infection: I'm having an allergic reaction to this right now. I thought I was coming down with the flu but it has to be this medication. I took my last pill two hours ago and waiting for it to get out of my system.

September 30, 2012 12:26 PM

Review by Sebbietash:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I have been using Macrobid for a couple of years now. I am allergic to all other medications and therefore this is all I have to work with. It works well, doesn't always work for me. Sometimes I have to take a second week of it. I often feel the same way as others. Headache if I haven't drank enough water, upset stomach if I hadn't ate enough food when taking the pill. It does make me tired as well. I try to eat well when I am on this medication to help with the energy level since I am allergic to caffeine and can't take that path. I think that if you make sure to take the pill with lots of food like they recommend, the nausea isn't that bad. Also, drinking more water then your ever use to, will help with the headaches.

August 24, 2012 2:37 PM

Review by Jackie23his (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bladder Infection: Macrobid (100 mg 1 capsule twice daily for 5 days). I have had a recurring bladder infection since June and it is now Aug 15. The doctor had told me that I having recurring bladder infections so I shouldn't have sex during treatment, another reason because I have a new partner. And my urethra is getting all stressed out and all I need to do is give it a rest and let the antibiotics do its work, and later wait at least a week after the antibiotics to finish to have sex. This way I give it enough time for the urethra to strengthen. Anyhow, I am on my third day of this medication, I noticed it affects my nervous system, I get a lot of panic/anxiety attacks, fatigue and weakness.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2012 12:30 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bladder Infection: I'm on my 6th day and it hasn't helped so far.

August 5, 2012 10:40 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: Right after taking Macrobid for my urinary tract infection I started feeling sick and really tired. When I went to lay down I had vomiting. Macrobid works but the side effects are terrible.

July 26, 2012 9:40 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I'm 36 hours in on this medicine and experiencing pretty bad headaches. Of course it is the weekend and I can't really do anything until Monday. I still feel a slight twinge when I urinate. This is my first time on this medication. I'm hopeful that when I wake up tomorrow morning I will have more of an improvement.

July 21, 2012 2:23 AM

Review by mered (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: Have taken this medication twice- started feeing unwell after 4 days the first time around, the second time thought I had flu as well as urinary tract infection, last pill of the day taken at supper time, by bedtime feeling ill and then by midnight very ill, delirious, nausea, chills, rapid heart beat. Went to Doctor and told to discontinue medication.

June 24, 2012 1:05 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: This medicine worked really well. It did take about 3 days to kick in and make me feel 100% better though. Took it as directed and did not have any problems. I did have nausea about 8 hours after taking the pill but I would eat something and the nausea would go away. Make sure to drink lots of fluids in order to get rid of the infection and continue to drink lots of fluids to prevent the infection! Took medication twice daily for seven days.

May 8, 2012 5:24 PM

For Bladder Infection: Great ..years of use.

May 1, 2012 1:37 AM

Review by brownemoon:

For Bladder Infection: Extreme nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, joint pain and rash.

April 15, 2012 8:17 PM

Review by EmIly Pons:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I absolutely love this medication. Works really fast, I didn't leave me with any side effects, and makes me feel better within a few hours! I will never take another medication for a urinary tract infection again besides this one!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2012 4:39 PM

For Prevention of Bladder infection: I was 20 weeks pregnant when I had to go to the hospital because I had a bladder infection and kidney stones. The doctor ordered me to take this twice a day for 7 days and it helped greatly. When I went in two weeks later for a follow up with my ob/gyn he said the infection was gone but just to be safe he put me on this for the rest of my pregnancy to prevent me from getting another infection since I'm predisposed to getting them. After three weeks of taking this once a day I had to take myself off of it. I was nauseous all morning and night, tired to the point of lethargy, and just not feeling well at all in general. As soon as I stopped taking it all the horribleness went away.

April 11, 2012 8:04 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: Was a little fatigued and had some loose bowel movements but I no longer cry when I pee so I'd call that a win!

March 26, 2012 11:29 AM

For Urinary Tract Infection: My doctor has prescribed me Macrobid because I frequently suffer from urinary tract infections and, combined with a 44oz cranberry juice, I feel better same day.

March 15, 2012 8:27 AM

Review by bebe7923:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I have had a urinary tract infection since January and it is now March. First I was put on a Z-pak with no relief. Then I was put on Cipro. The test came back as if I hadn't taken anything. Now I am on nitrofurantoin and the symptoms have subsided. I have a headache and am tired but so what they will go away when I finish taking this. It worked great for me.

March 10, 2012 2:32 PM

Review by Gigianie:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I took Macrobid for 7 days, and it alleviated my urianry tract infection (very happy that). Four days after finishing the Macrobid, I started to itch all over my body from the top of my head to the soles of my feet. There's no rash present but my skin gets very sensitive and red even before I scratch (super red). Five days after taking the medication, I am experiencing tightness in my esophagus and burning; as if I had a bad case of acid reflux (I have a minor level of acid reflux).

February 26, 2012 1:21 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: Does not work for me.

January 23, 2012 2:51 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: I have been on Macrobid for 3 days now. I feel so nauseated. I'm so tired and I can't eat or drink anything, EXCEPT for a little water, without getting sick. It gives me a horrible headache and I feel so weak. I am also allergic to sulfa medications (Bactrim) so the doctor gave me this.

January 18, 2012 1:38 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: This is the second time I've been prescribed this medication. I don't recall any side effects (other than the freaky urine colour!). But this time, I feel like I'm about to vomit... and it's only been about 4.5 hours since I started this medicine.

January 4, 2012 5:59 PM

Review by Bleak:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I have bladder infections from group B Strep bacteria, much harder to get rid of than E. coli because it keeps coming back. Augmentin worked the first time, but didn't clear it up this time. Nitrofurantoin is still not taking out the complete sting. Makes me instantly drowsy- almost like a sleep aid. Had some mild stomach issues but could be attributed to period.

December 19, 2011 12:17 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: I had a severe reaction to this medication. Chills, very high fever, bright redness on both legs from ankles to knees and red blotches on upper legs. Also, red blotches and hives on both arms. Fatigue.

November 15, 2011 9:54 AM

For Urinary Tract Infection: I started taking this medicine two days ago. I've been nauseous starting yesterday, and started being fatigued starting today. I don't have many choices for antibiotics, and this one works.

October 7, 2011 3:33 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: I am on my 6th day of Macrobid and I still have symptoms of my urinary tract infections. I have awful headaches, the worst nausea and I'm exhausted when taking this medication.

September 21, 2011 5:30 PM