User Reviews for Macrobid

Learn more about Macrobid.

Prevention of Bladder infection 8 reviews 29 medications

6.8
Urinary Tract Infection 64 reviews 163 medications

5.7
Bladder Infection 51 reviews 79 medications

5.1
Summary of Macrobid reviews 123 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Macrobid

For Urinary Tract Infection "I've been taking Macrobid for urinary tract infections for years with no problem, it always worked really fast. This time I got a severe headache within an hour of taking the first pill, I didn't connect it to the Macrobid and took the second dose which was a big mistake. The headache was like a migraine and took two days to go away. "

kitkat12 September 5, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection "This antibiotic is a God send! I am allergic to Penicillins and Sulfas. At first I tried Cipro, it didn't work. I had kidney stones for 8 months, I finally got my second lithotripsy in June for an 8x9mm stone and then my kidney got infected. This is my fourth day on Macrobid and I have had no serious side effects except 1 bout of diarrhea on day 1, which was welcomed compared to the nausea and pain from the infection. Macrobid actually got rid of my nausea!"

Chevol (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2013

For Bladder Infection "Was peeing like crazy, approximately every 10 minutes. Decided to see my doctor, she prescribed Macrobid and within a day I can already notice results! I do feel a little queasy after taking this pill but more food always helps. This is the best thing ever! I now don't have to worry if my Co-workers would notice my frequent trips to the washroom, and I don't hurt anymore."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2013

For Bladder Infection "65 years old, never had a urinary tract infection before, (now I know what they are!) probably had it for months, related symptoms to nurse friend, she said to call DR., sounds like a UTI. Doctor gave Macrobid prescription, 20 hours later after first couple capsules, had 99% relief. Continued taking for two weeks and didn't have side effects, as far as I could determine. I won't wait months before calling physician next time."

TSIBM July 12, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection "Luckily had no side effects on this antibiotic. I made sure to take it with a big meal each time though, so that might have helped. I was put on Bactrim for a previous urinary tract infection and it was horrible. Nausea, felt like I had a fever, increased my heart rate etc. I'm glad I found this and hope I can take it again if I get another urinary tract infection. The only thing I noticed was that it brought back a weird cough I usually only get after a bad cold. My doctor calls it a bronchial spasm. It hasn't gone away after having been off the medicine for 3 weeks, but it was so mild compared to when I get it with a cold that I can easily deal with it. "

Anonymous June 2, 2013

For Prevention of Bladder infection "I have had frequently reoccurring urinary tract infections for almost 15 years and tried pretty much every trick out there to prevent them, to no avail. When discussing this with an Ob/Gyn she decided to prescribe Macrobid to be taken on days of intercourse in order to prevent me from getting another infection. I went from getting an infection every couple of months to not having one for a year and a half, until I ran out of the medication. The only side effect was a change in urine color which did not have an effect on my quality of life beyond wearing panty liners as a precautionary measure on days I had taken it to ensure my underwear did not get stained. Taking this to prevent infections was a life changer for me."

AMoonlitStar (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 4, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection "Doctor prescribed Macrobid for a week for urinary tract infection. It did give me some relief initially however my infection is back. I'm scheduled to see my Dr tomorrow."

hello2013 (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection "I suffer from recurring urinary tract infections and Macrobid has always worked fast and really well. I've noticed after prolonged use though my body has developed a bit of an immunity to it and doesn't work as fast anymore. Also it now gives me yeast infections so I have to try something else."

Katillac (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took Macrobid 100mg about half hour ago and I'm feeling fine, no side effect yet. Hopefully not at all. "

Anonymous December 24, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "I suffered severe headaches & nausea for hours from the very first dose & every dose thereafter. I would feel faint, overheated, extremely tired; I slept with the windows open and the heat off (it's winter). 4 days of taking Macrobid, I begin to have loose stools & severe muscles aches & neck stiffness. I began to have a sore throat & a dry cough on day 2. After stopping, within 24 hours I begin to itch severely. I've been off of it for 48 hours & I still have a headache & I use Benadryl for the itching. I was given Levaquin in 1 dose, then Macrobid 100 mg 2X a day for 10 days by the ER doctor. But my primary doctor thought it was an overkill and should have used just the Levaquin."

Bumblebees Butterfly (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "I took Macrobid for 3 days, I started having muscle aches. Flu like symptoms and stiff neck and nausea."

Anonymous December 1, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "Day 2 I wondered why my feet were stinging and burning when I got ready to go to bed. Now I notice they are stinging again. I guess three days is enough for me."

Anonymous October 12, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "I'm having an allergic reaction to this right now. I thought I was coming down with the flu but it has to be this medication. I took my last pill two hours ago and waiting for it to get out of my system."

Anonymous September 30, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have been using Macrobid for a couple of years now. I am allergic to all other medications and therefore this is all I have to work with. It works well, doesn't always work for me. Sometimes I have to take a second week of it. I often feel the same way as others. Headache if I haven't drank enough water, upset stomach if I hadn't ate enough food when taking the pill. It does make me tired as well. I try to eat well when I am on this medication to help with the energy level since I am allergic to caffeine and can't take that path. I think that if you make sure to take the pill with lots of food like they recommend, the nausea isn't that bad. Also, drinking more water then your ever use to, will help with the headaches."

Sebbietash August 24, 2012

For Bladder Infection "Macrobid (100 mg 1 capsule twice daily for 5 days). I have had a recurring bladder infection since June and it is now Aug 15. The doctor had told me that I having recurring bladder infections so I shouldn't have sex during treatment, another reason because I have a new partner. And my urethra is getting all stressed out and all I need to do is give it a rest and let the antibiotics do its work, and later wait at least a week after the antibiotics to finish to have sex. This way I give it enough time for the urethra to strengthen. Anyhow, I am on my third day of this medication, I noticed it affects my nervous system, I get a lot of panic/anxiety attacks, fatigue and weakness. "

Jackie23his (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2012

For Bladder Infection "I'm on my 6th day and it hasn't helped so far."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "Right after taking Macrobid for my urinary tract infection I started feeling sick and really tired. When I went to lay down I had vomiting. Macrobid works but the side effects are terrible."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "I'm 36 hours in on this medicine and experiencing pretty bad headaches. Of course it is the weekend and I can't really do anything until Monday. I still feel a slight twinge when I urinate. This is my first time on this medication. I'm hopeful that when I wake up tomorrow morning I will have more of an improvement."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "Have taken this medication twice- started feeing unwell after 4 days the first time around, the second time thought I had flu as well as urinary tract infection, last pill of the day taken at supper time, by bedtime feeling ill and then by midnight very ill, delirious, nausea, chills, rapid heart beat. Went to Doctor and told to discontinue medication."

mered (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "This medicine worked really well. It did take about 3 days to kick in and make me feel 100% better though. Took it as directed and did not have any problems. I did have nausea about 8 hours after taking the pill but I would eat something and the nausea would go away. Make sure to drink lots of fluids in order to get rid of the infection and continue to drink lots of fluids to prevent the infection! Took medication twice daily for seven days."

Anonymous May 8, 2012

For Bladder Infection "Great ..years of use."

Anonymous May 1, 2012

For Bladder Infection "Extreme nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, joint pain and rash."

brownemoon April 15, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "I absolutely love this medication. Works really fast, I didn't leave me with any side effects, and makes me feel better within a few hours! I will never take another medication for a urinary tract infection again besides this one!"

EmIly Pons April 13, 2012

For Prevention of Bladder infection "I was 20 weeks pregnant when I had to go to the hospital because I had a bladder infection and kidney stones. The doctor ordered me to take this twice a day for 7 days and it helped greatly. When I went in two weeks later for a follow up with my ob/gyn he said the infection was gone but just to be safe he put me on this for the rest of my pregnancy to prevent me from getting another infection since I'm predisposed to getting them. After three weeks of taking this once a day I had to take myself off of it. I was nauseous all morning and night, tired to the point of lethargy, and just not feeling well at all in general. As soon as I stopped taking it all the horribleness went away."

Anonymous April 11, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "Was a little fatigued and had some loose bowel movements but I no longer cry when I pee so I'd call that a win!"

Anonymous March 26, 2012