User Reviews for Macrobid

Learn more about Macrobid.

Prevention of Bladder infection 8 reviews 29 medications

4.8
Summary of Macrobid reviews 87 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Macrobid

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Nitrofurantoin caused extreme nausea.

August 31, 2011 11:58 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Amazing! My doctor prescribed this for whenever I felt an infection coming on. It was great and efficient. By morning, there was no more pain!

August 26, 2011 8:25 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: It cleared up my urinary tract infection symptoms within 24 hours, however my doctor prescribed it to me for 2 weeks. Today was the end of the first week and I've experienced a slight shortness of breath, and a bit of weight on my lungs, almost like one feels with bronchitis. I feel as though I must breathe deeply in order to fully expand my lungs and sometimes it causes me to have a dry cough. I think I'll stop taking it before things get worse.

July 11, 2011 9:20 PM
Review by Maralem:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: It is a very effective antibiotic, but you really have to take it with a food. It has relieved all the symptoms of my urinary tract infection, but it gives me heart pains and on third day of taking it, I started feeling faint like and thought I almost was going to pass out. I immediately went and bought a Gatorade drink and the electrolytes in the drink helped me feel better. Had to stop taking it.

June 9, 2011 4:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: Abdominal cramps with diarrhea and nausea. Will tough it out this time but if I get another infection will definitely ask for a different antibiotic.

May 21, 2011 11:48 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: Did not have any signs of a bladder infection. I am 5 weeks pregnant so after a routine urine culture my doctor said I had an infection and prescribed me Macrobid. I have taken it with food, oatmeal to be exact in the mornings. The nausea was so extreme for hours. I'm on day three and hoping I can finish this.

April 27, 2011 10:16 AM
Review by funlovin489: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Prevention of Bladder infection: I took Macrobid for the second time in 10 yrs told the doctor about how I am allergic to it and he said you will be fine. Took 1 tablet Tuesday night and for the next 5 hrs I was throwing up, passing out and diarrhea all at the same time. This is not for me.

March 24, 2011 12:49 PM
Review by Spankyp: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: I didn't even know I had a bladder infection, showed up in urine test. So I guess its working. I do feel tired after working out and exhausted later on in the day. On it for a week, twice a day 100 mg.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 9, 2010 10:10 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: Took for a bladder infection. Felt better after a day or so, but got extremely nauseated, even taking it with a snack. It also makes me so tired, all I want to do is sleep. I have stopped taking it and it feels like I am getting the same symptoms back. I am allergic to sulfa drugs, and this is what Doctor gave me.

August 14, 2010 8:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: My mother, grandmother and I all get frequent urinary tract infections. I felt a terrible one coming and took Macrobid. The discomfort was almost immediately gone. I took it with 2 pieces of toast and had no side effects whatsoever and I am the type of person that usually does.

August 1, 2010 12:21 AM
Review by Malvia4444: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Prevention of Bladder infection: It keeps me from bladder infections but also gives me terrible nausea.

June 30, 2010 12:17 AM
Review by D Bella: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: I took Macrobid for a Bladder infection, no real side effect other then exhausted all the time. Finished the 7 days on the 8th day symptoms were back by the 9th day.

April 12, 2010 9:59 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: I am prone to UTI's and never had a problem with this drug before. Took my 2 doses on the first day, with what I thought was no problem woke up on day 2 vomiting. Around 11am I tried a piece of toast, and took my 3rd dose with that. I was then okay til about 4:30, when I was sick again. I have skipped doses 4 and 5 and am waiting to hear from the doctor about calling in a different prescription.

January 22, 2010 11:42 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: I am on my seventh day on Macrobid and still having UTI symptoms. I have nausea, headache, abdominal cramping, irritability, loss of appetite, weakness, joint aches, and tiredness. This is the most ridiculous antibiotic that I've ever taken! It makes me feel like I've been hit by a bus and still doesn't seem like the UTI is better.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 18, 2010 11:42 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: I used Macrobid to clear up a UTI. Worked well for the UTI, but a week or so after I stopped the treatment, I broke out in horrible hives. It's been weeks, but I still have flare ups.

December 30, 2009 10:17 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: This drug makes me very drowsy, headache, backache, severe nausea even when taken with food. The pain after urination is still there after 4 days on the drug. The only positive thing so far is that I have not gotten a yeast infevtion which was common with other uriniary tract infection drugs.

October 9, 2009 2:22 PM
Review by Outloud3: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: Been taking this medication for almost a week. I felt relief almost immediately after taking the medication. Right now, after six days of taking it I'm up with the runs. Ughhhh, stomach cramps, and runny bowel motions.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 22, 2009 11:40 PM
Review by rjrose: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: I have a lot of kidney stones so I get a lot of urinary tract infections. I am on Macrobid now and it only took 3 long days to get rid of the fever and feel better. I can't take Bactrim and some others so I don't have a lot of choices, but this really worked for me

September 13, 2009 11:24 PM
Review by Me!: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: It works! I do have the wonderful side effect of diarrhea a few hours following ingestion of it (even with food) but it's a small price to pay. I am allergic to sulfas and penicillins so there aren't many options. I've taken it before and it works, so I'm happy with it overall. Good thing I only have to take it for 3 days, though.

September 1, 2009 8:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: I found it worked quickly. It's just irritating when you have a headache and are dizzy for a week. The constipation is uncomfortable as well.

August 22, 2009 6:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: Terrible. Felt like I had the worst case of the flu- couldn't move from the waist down, headache, lack of appetite.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 19, 2009 11:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: I had a low-grade urinary tract infection for weeks that I mistook for a yeast infection, finally went in for a culture, and then took a week's worth of Macrobid. The infection subsided after 3 days, but came back almost immediately after I stopped taking the medicine.

August 10, 2009 2:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: I have been on Macrobid for a urinary tract infection for 4 days and still do not have relief. I have called my Doctor and he has now prescribed me a sulfa drug. I have used the sulfa drug in the past and it works quick. I am miserable on the Macrobid, exhausted, irritable, weepy, nauseous and a have a headache.

August 2, 2009 5:52 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: I had a urinary tract infection (e-coli) and was taking Macrobid, but after a week, I was still having very discomforting symptoms. In previous UTIs my doctors had given me Bactrim and symptoms cleared up within days. I researched the medicine as soon as I ran out of it, and found that it was more effective in preventing than in treating, and users were prone to recurring infections. I promptly called the doctors the next morning and got a prescription for Bactrim. I was fine not too long after that.

July 22, 2009 10:33 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Prevention of Bladder infection: This medicine is a life saver for the prevention of bladder and urinary tract infections. I used to get them all the time and they are so painful, but since I started taking Macrobid as a preventive I rarely get an infection.

July 21, 2009 10:28 PM