User Reviews for Macrobid (Page 3)

Learn more about Macrobid.

Prevention of Bladder infection 12 reviews 29 medications

5.8
Urinary Tract Infection 109 reviews 181 medications

4.9
Bladder Infection 76 reviews 81 medications

4.8
Summary of Macrobid reviews 197 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Macrobid

For Urinary Tract Infection "Had either a urinary infection or intestinal. New to macrobid, in one day after taking the medicine I ran a 104.7 fever, was nauseous and hurt all over. Ran a fever off and on till I got off the med and started cipro. Began noticing fatigue, brain fog and constant headaches. 10 weeks later I've been diagnosed with hypoxmia and am starting night time oxygen therapy. Already have RA, Sjogrens and Sarcoidosis, didn't need this drug complicating my life. Macrobid should be taken off the market!!!"

Sick in AK (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "was prescribed this medication for a UTI. Never had this pill before. OMG...I was nauseous 24/7 with chest pains and only took it for 3 days!. Also gastro issues and feeling like you are in a fog....I always got CIPRO for this type of E coli infection. Don't know why my doctor gave me this horrible medicine. Called today for different medication because I am not sure if the infection is cleared up. Pain is gone but that is all. Wouldn't recommend this."

mrbsmom October 2, 2015

For Prevention of Bladder infection "I got prescribed microbid. read all kind of review good and bad ones. Decides to give it a try. Ate like a pig and took the pill. I got so sick. I was light headed (like I consumed all kind of drugs) had sharp pain in my stomach. Got a fever. My back...ohh my back killed me. And I had difficulties breathing. Felt like I got kicked by a horse. I called sick 2 days in a row for work. And I only took 2 pills. Im stopping it. Gonna end up in the coffin much faster with that medication, I was all normal before taking that medication with a bit of UTI...now feel like I'm a rotten vegetable :("

Meedium September 29, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Was prescribed this for an e-coli UTI but had never received this in the past. BAD choice of color of pill. It forewarns issues. Had what I thought was the flu this weekend. Twelve hrs then the fever broke. Did know know that flu symtoms could be a side effect. Have had head aches (top of head) since beginning. Now have vaginitis of some ilk. Now don't know what route the Dr will suggest: Worried, in pain, and not sleeping waiting for the dr's office to open. I will always put macrobid in my medical records as an allergy. Took in generic form to keep costs down. Still expensive and now must start over with another drug, delaying both the cure of the UTI and causing the vaginal discharge."

PushawKa (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Was so traumatized to take this med based on other reviews. I'm 120 and 5"4 and get sick and nauseous from even one tynenol regular strength. I got pedialyte to prepare... Took the pill and waited. And NOTHING happened except my uti going away. Do yourself a favor and don't read the Internet. Trust your dr!"

SDO September 27, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Horrible. After two I came down with a fever (102.6) and awful chills. The worst was the body aches - in particular my upper back, My gut told me it was the medicine and not a sudden case of the flu. I went off immediately and within 15 hours felt 100% myself again. Everyone is different and this drug is not for everyone."

Orango (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Just finished 3 days of this for a UTI and though it has worked for the condition I feel terrible ! Feel like I have no energy and like I'm going to pass out. Whole body aches ! Just phoned my chemist who told me this was quite common on this tablet and I should feel normal in a few days. Shame it's my wedding anniversary today as I just want to go to sleep all day. Won't take this one again it's not worth it."

monchetta September 19, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I was prescribed this medicine for a bladder infection and would never recommend anyone to take it. Obviously it depends on your body type but I usually have a high tolerance. I'm needing to head to the doctors now because I've been experiencing painful headaches everyday, sharp stomach aches, muscle pain, chills (hot to brutally cold:fever type symptoms), tingling, light headed, nauseous, eye aches, my urine went from neon green to dark brown, and as gross as it is, I haven't been able to take a proper poo but every time I pass gas on the toilet watery diarrhea like stuff comes out and I've seen some blood when I whipped. This medicine definitely didn't go well with me and is a painful experience!"

SandiMacdonald September 10, 2015

For Prevention of Bladder infection "Prescribed Macrobid after misdiagnosis. 2nd day, I was yellow, vomiting, dizzy, weak. Hospitalised at hospital emergencies. Took doctors one week to confirm Macrobid was the reason for my liver failure. Almost lost my life."

Ninipeaudechien (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "The only side effect I had from this medication was diarrhea and frankly I will take that over having to urinate every 10 mins.! It took 3 days to get relief and I may ask for another round just to make sure it's gone since I am going on vacation soon. I realize I had a really bad infection and maybe that's why it didn't work right away. I did not get a yeast infection yet which shocks me because I am diabetic and get everything like that."

cuddleskp (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Almost died. Severe lung scarring and severe hypoxia. 74% 02 saturation. 3 months of continual oxygen, fortunately I recovered."

Macon2 August 30, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have a very very hard time with medicine. Even mild medications have made me extremely sick. I can't tolerate cipro or Bactrim, and easily get utis. I was terrified this time when they gave me macrobid because I'd never had it. Even zpack made me very sick. And then I read these reviews and just cried at the thought of taking it. I went out and bought crackers and sprite, etc. to prepare for what's been described here. Then I took it, and waited. ... and waited.... and waited. Nothing horrible ever happened. It's important to remember that everyone has a different experience. Don't even read these. My main advice w this med is to eat eat eat. If anything happens you feel is weird just ask your Dr. But mostly, relax and trust your Dr."

Et_tu_bladder (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "This is the third time I have tried Macrobid and the worst. High fever, chills, sweating, nausea, and terrible headache. I spent the whole day and night in bed. This is the very last time I will take this. My doctor did not think this terrible pill would cause a fever in spite of me telling him it did twice before. I told him I am off this pill and now waiting for the culture. I will not ever be taking this again."

Microbad August 28, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Macrobid take 1 capsule 2x daily for 7 days. I am on day 3, my symptoms of urgent urination with little results, are slowly going away. I still feel very uncomfortable especially in my back. I am noticing an increase of discharge and itchiness with my vagina. Yes, my urine is neon colored, too. Overall, I feel better day by day, I wish this drug would work faster!"

J.D.B. August 6, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I have had on and off UTI's for about a year now. I am familiar with all kinds of drugs used to treat them. In my experience macrobid sucks as an antibiotic. This time I was prescribed it for 10 days I'm on day 5 and still very uncomfortable. Not to mention I have now started to get a yeast infection from this antibiotic. There goes more money. I don't get any side effects on this at all aside from neon pee. My last experience with macrobid was much the same. I don't want to be uncomfortable for weeks this sucks. Never getting it again. "

Ihatevaginas August 1, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "the first night I had a severe headache and very bad nightmares. I even googled if this was a side effect and I saw it was."

2013Meema July 28, 2015

For Bladder Infection "After taking 2 pills I suddenly experienced chills and fever of 101, and a severe throbbing headache . I called the dr, spoke to the nurse she advised to continue taking . My gut told me not to, later in the evening I developed tingly fingers . I called my dr and he said stop taking I may be having a serum reaction. It's been over 24 hours since I have taken macrobid and still have terrible throbbing headache , upper back ache , and low grade fever. This medication is poison !!! I can't believe it hasn't been banned ! Will pass the word to everyone never to take this horrible drug !"

Jules404081110 July 18, 2015

For Prevention of Bladder infection "Works well, no side effects. But make sure you TAKE IT WITH FOOD!! I did not for one of my doses and ended up with stomach cramps and nausea"

JMarieM July 15, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have reoccurring utis every couple months and I have taken every antibiotic. Cipro and keflex did not work for me and bactrim I had horrible side effects. Macrobid is the only one to cure my utis every time! Of course it depends on which bacteria is causing yours."

moonmama22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have been prone to uti's for years. I have been put on every antibiotic under the sun. For me, this is the antibiotic I would choose every time because it works and has minimal side effects. The only side effect I have experienced is a headache. I will take a headache any day over horrible bladder infection pain. Also, this antibiotic helps to clear up the infection within the first day of use, which is a plus for me so I am not in pain as long. (I have taken cipro, which made me throw up and cry, bactrum, didnt clear up my infection, and monurol which made me very sick as well.) It is important to remember to make a "pill sandwich" with this antibiotic. You eat a full meal, take the pill, and then eat some snacks after the pill."

Dandy Dee (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2015

For Bladder Infection "My doctor gave me this med 1 pill a day twice a day for 5 days. No sex, no caffeine, drinks lots of water and take it with food. I feel so much better, but while I was taking it I was so tired. Thank God I was on vacation because I did not feel like doing anything or going anywhere.All I want to do was sleep. I am so glad those 5 days are over I feel much better."

mrs.Kim June 30, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Macrobid has to be the worse medication I have ever took in my life. It should be banned. I got an extreme allergic reaction that lasted at least 1 month. I was put on prednisone and Zyrtec to stop my body from swelling. I had red marks and rashes throughout my body even while on prednisone and Zyrtec after using marcrobid. Initially I placed on marcrobid for a uti. I took all 14 prescribed pills. One week after finishing the macrobid I experienced extreme swelling throughout my body. I feel as if my body still never recovered from the reaction years later. I recommend cipro over macrobid it is dangerous. !!!!!!! And should be banned !!!!"

Do not take macrobid (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have been taking macrobid for two days now and my UTI feels better but today I woke up with terrible back aches where my kidneys are located and pains on my front sides. I have been so sleepy also today like can't even keep my eyes open with bad headaches."

Mrs. Olvey June 21, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed macrobid for a 3 day course, 2 doses a day. The first day I seemed to be getting better, but then I woke up at 4:15am the morning of the second day with chest pains. Throughout the day I suffered from headaches, chest pains, muscle and joint aches, nausea, dizziness, fever and chills. Now on the third day, and though I'm not feeling as ill anymore, I'm still dealing with chest, back and stomach pains. Can't even tell if treating the UTI because I've been in so much pain. Worst experience I've ever had with antibiotics - would definitely never use macrobid again!"

lhs1995 June 10, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Rx paperwork does not say Take with Food even tho it is very important to do so. My UTI symptoms were gone after taking the first pill. I only have to take it for 3 days but I am experiencing some side effects. I feel achy and very sleepy. Just have no energy in general. I had diarrhea after the first dose but not terrible. I just don't want to get out of bed. I still rated this med a 10 because it did take away my UTI symptoms almost immediately. Just remember to eat a full meal before each dose and it makes all the difference in the side effects. Two pills to go, I can do this."

Happy_user May 24, 2015