User Reviews for Keflex

Prostatitis 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Keflex reviews 33 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Keflex

Review by Vegasgirl22:

For Skin Infection: Got multiple venomous spider bites on left buttocks... Turned into a staph infection. Before taking the medicine I was in so much pain I could barely sit or lay down. Been on the medicine for two days now at 500mg twice a day (along with Epsom salt baths) and it has already GREATLY improved my infection, the sores, and my ability to sit!

July 2, 2014 6:08 PM

Review by wrecks bored (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin Infection: I fell off my longboard and made quite idiotic dressing decisions. After 3 days I saw a doctor who prescribed this and silver sulfadiazine. After 10 days it completely healed. Unfortunately I have had another tumble, this time with broken wrist and 10 open wounds. On it again. Trusting old Keflex to help again.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2014 1:24 PM

Review by all fixed up! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin Infection: I had to take a double dosage of Keflex. I weigh about 115lbs and had to take 500mg 4 times a day for 10 days. I didn't have any issues with side effects or drinking alcohol while on it. It was prescribed as a precaution after I accidentally got a cut on my leg that required 13 stitches. The only dissatisfactory attribute was the horrid sulfur smell of the capsules.

March 23, 2014 5:06 PM

Review by All gone (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin Infection: I had recurring boils in one area. They would show up randomly so the dr. was never able to take a culture since they would come to a head and then pop whenever. He put me on a 20 day regimen of Keflex (500) and another ointment antibiotic that he told me to dab into my nose. He said for some odd reason, boils seem to start in the nose. I followed the instructions and had a minor recurrence several months later. I went immediately to see him so he put me back on Keflex. These boils were clustered and leaving scars in the area. They haven't recurred and the scars are gone. Since I caught them starting the 2nd time, they never had a chance to come to a head because I stayed on top of it. I highly recommend it for a skin bacterial infection.

February 25, 2014 7:21 PM

For Skin Infection: Took 200mg four x/day for 7 days. Cellulitis was still very pink and ozing. Now trying doxycyline for 10 days.

October 29, 2013 9:13 PM

Review by jas jas13:

For Acne: I have been getting these painful boils under my arm since I was 15-16. Now I'm 21. Like a month after I had my baby, my face broke out really, really bad. Cephalexin(Keflex) cleared it right up. I don't get boils any more.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2013 12:52 PM

For Kidney Infections: My daughter was prescribed this and broke out in a rash all over her. I am sure she was allergic.

August 9, 2013 9:30 AM

Review by fatalefemme (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin Infection: This medication gave me really bad travelling gas with cold sweats and made me very nauseous on the very first pill! I might ask my doctor to replace this medication for something else. I find it very strong, especially for a mild skin infection due to a spider bite!

July 23, 2013 1:26 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Kidney Infections: Works great for my urine tract infections. Even when I'm sick with a cold! I highly recommend it.

June 4, 2013 5:16 AM

Review by Some1one (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: VERY effective antibiotic on two (2) separate events for oral abcess! Usually a straight Penicillin customer, I am & Doc prefers Amoxicillin (not efficacious for me). Compromise medicine: Keflex is the most foul-smelling thing I ever wanted to swallow because it works... so hold your breath!

December 28, 2012 11:51 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

For Skin Infection: Basically the only medication that works for me to combat the infections that arise from Darier's disease (a genetic skin disease).

December 21, 2012 10:13 PM

Review by hi5 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I had an abscess on my upper gum resulting from terrible dentist work. I had also been prescribed amoxicillin 500mg, however after a week of taking amoxicillin the pain/swelling did not go away it got noticeably worse. However after taking my first full dose of Keflex swelling reduced and gradually faded out by the time my dosage was complete. Would highly recommend Keflex.

October 30, 2012 9:21 AM

Review by troy f (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Skin Infection: Infected Sebaceous Cyst: Needed to take three regimens of Keflex. Used Floragen 3 as a probiotic.

July 2, 2012 5:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I was prescribed Keflex (Cephalexin) after having surgery to prevent infection, and wanted to add to the list of side effects. They do not mention acid reflux, which I had every time I took the capsule (4 times a day, for 10 days). Also women need to take a probiotic while on this medication as it decreases natural flora and you can get yeast infection. I learned this the hard way by not eating enough yogurt while on this medication and not taking any probiotics. Just wanted to give a heads up and hopefully spare many women this highly uncomfortable experience.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2012 10:36 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin Infection: I've been prescribed this antibiotic many times. I just realized that with my current course for a skin infection that I sweat profusely when I take this. The last time I had episodes of profuse sweating was the last time I was on this! I don't see it listed anywhere as a side effect, but it seems to happen to me every time I take it.

May 27, 2012 2:22 PM

Review by SicklySue:

For Bacterial Infection: I have used this medicine for years for many different conditions including bronchitis, boils, bladder infection, sinusitis among a few others. The problem though, has become since I have used it so many times, I am almost resistant to it and need a larger dose or longer dosing schedule to clear up a more severe case of the ailment. When it works, it works well.

May 24, 2012 7:29 AM

Review by klink:

For Bone infection: Very hard to manage diarrhea while taking the antibiotic. Very tired and stomach was distended.

August 31, 2011 2:08 AM

For Skin Infection: Works very well for treating the cellulitis I got from an insect bite. But don't drink alcohol while you are on this medication. I had half a beer and started feeling really nauseous, had a migraine and my stomach hurt.

July 22, 2011 4:46 AM

Review by Anon99:

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Unfortunately, did not help 4 year old with chest infection.

July 4, 2011 7:25 PM

Review by Braki:

For Skin Infection: Quickly cleared up cellulitis that was painful and itchy on the crease of my leg. 7 days twice daily 500 mg.

June 20, 2011 2:38 AM

For Acne: This was and continues to be the best, long term option for me. I had very little side effects ... slight headache at first but it went away after a few days.

June 6, 2011 7:21 PM

Review by RxGuineapig:

For Bacterial Infection: I was prescribed Keflex for an infection that occurred after root canal went bad. Evidently the previous dentist had not been able to successfully remove all of the nerve and pulp and over time an infection resulted. Keflex was well tolerated by me and helped to reduce the swelling within the gum until I was able to have a root canal retreatment in order to remove the rest of the nerve and pulp. The rating that I provided is due to the fact that this medication required 4 doses daily which I felt there must have been some other medication available that required less commitment. Still, it did work and I would take it again if prescribed.

June 2, 2011 11:41 AM

Review by ArIckP:

For Acne: After taking doxycycline for a while, my body became resistant to it, so my dermatologist switched me to Keflex for acne. I think I had at least five bowel movements the first day. Eventually, my digestive system became somewhat regular, but then I started getting headaches on a regular basis. It cleared up my acne somewhat, but it was definitely not worth all the side effects.

May 11, 2011 3:55 PM

For Bladder Infection: It helped in getting rid of my bladder infection but I was out in the sun for half the day doing some work outside, and I got horribly burnt and a bad sun rash. So just try to avoid the sun while on this medication.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2011 12:49 PM

For Skin Infection: I have suffered with ulcers on my ankles (poor circulation) for years. Every once in awhile one if not both will get infected. Legs swell and skin turns purple as well as becoming very sensitive. The ulcers feel as though hot needles are being shoved into them. Keflex always knocks out the infection within a few days.

June 2, 2010 3:12 PM