User Reviews for Keflex

Pharyngitis 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prostatitis 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Keflex reviews 38 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Keflex

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "The only antibiotic that promptly and consistently resolves my chronic bronchitis."

JRLesq April 28, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "I took it for a bacteria in my urine and right now I have no more pressure when I have to pee and no more smell in the urine. I am happy again. Thanks Keflex"

Borinquen (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Cystitis for what seems forever. Take Keflex 500mg. when an attack occurs. Told later by chemist who knew how often I get Cystitis, could go on preventative 250mg. daily so saw Dr. who said OK. After being months free, Dr.said no, go off it for a while. Three weeks later, worst dose of Cystitis ever. Luckily have Keflex on hand so along with Ural, will be seeing Dr. very soon. What's the risk of being on a preventative dose every day?"

ms. ng (taken for 10 years or more) March 21, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Prescribed by ER doc for bladder infection. It's giving me dry mouth, diarrhea and bad gas but it's tolerable. Drink lots of water right after you take it."

RZMom (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I have suffered with reoccurring bladder infections or symptoms of bladder infections for the past 7 years without any relief up until this past April 2014 when I was referred to a specialist by my urologist who himself could not help me. I was prescribed Keflex by this specialist and it has seemed to be the miracle I have been needing up until a month ago when my symptoms reappeared. Not sure if my body has become immune to the Keflex but I am back suffering with on again off again symptoms making my life miserable."

LeeLee123 December 1, 2014

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Got multiple venomous spider bites on left buttocks... Turned into a staph infection. Before taking the medicine I was in so much pain I could barely sit or lay down. Been on the medicine for two days now at 500mg twice a day (along with Epsom salt baths) and it has already GREATLY improved my infection, the sores, and my ability to sit!"

Vegasgirl22 July 2, 2014

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I fell off my longboard and made quite idiotic dressing decisions. After 3 days I saw a doctor who prescribed this and silver sulfadiazine. After 10 days it completely healed. Unfortunately I have had another tumble, this time with broken wrist and 10 open wounds. On it again. Trusting old Keflex to help again."

wrecks bored (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2014

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I had to take a double dosage of Keflex. I weigh about 115lbs and had to take 500mg 4 times a day for 10 days. I didn't have any issues with side effects or drinking alcohol while on it. It was prescribed as a precaution after I accidentally got a cut on my leg that required 13 stitches. The only dissatisfactory attribute was the horrid sulfur smell of the capsules."

all fixed up! (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2014

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I had recurring boils in one area. They would show up randomly so the dr. was never able to take a culture since they would come to a head and then pop whenever. He put me on a 20 day regimen of Keflex (500) and another ointment antibiotic that he told me to dab into my nose. He said for some odd reason, boils seem to start in the nose. I followed the instructions and had a minor recurrence several months later. I went immediately to see him so he put me back on Keflex. These boils were clustered and leaving scars in the area. They haven't recurred and the scars are gone. Since I caught them starting the 2nd time, they never had a chance to come to a head because I stayed on top of it. I highly recommend it for a skin bacterial infection."

All gone (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Took 200mg four x/day for 7 days. Cellulitis was still very pink and ozing. Now trying doxycyline for 10 days."

Anonymous October 29, 2013

For Acne "I have been getting these painful boils under my arm since I was 15-16. Now I'm 21. Like a month after I had my baby, my face broke out really, really bad. Cephalexin(Keflex) cleared it right up. I don't get boils any more."

jas jas13 August 23, 2013

For Kidney Infections "My daughter was prescribed this and broke out in a rash all over her. I am sure she was allergic."

Anonymous August 9, 2013

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "This medication gave me really bad travelling gas with cold sweats and made me very nauseous on the very first pill! I might ask my doctor to replace this medication for something else. I find it very strong, especially for a mild skin infection due to a spider bite!"

fatalefemme (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2013

For Kidney Infections "Works great for my urine tract infections. Even when I'm sick with a cold! I highly recommend it. "

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2013

For Bacterial Infection "VERY effective antibiotic on two (2) separate events for oral abcess! Usually a straight Penicillin customer, I am & Doc prefers Amoxicillin (not efficacious for me). Compromise medicine: Keflex is the most foul-smelling thing I ever wanted to swallow because it works... so hold your breath!"

Some1one (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2012

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Basically the only medication that works for me to combat the infections that arise from Darier's disease (a genetic skin disease)."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 21, 2012

For Bacterial Infection "I had an abscess on my upper gum resulting from terrible dentist work. I had also been prescribed amoxicillin 500mg, however after a week of taking amoxicillin the pain/swelling did not go away it got noticeably worse. However after taking my first full dose of Keflex swelling reduced and gradually faded out by the time my dosage was complete. Would highly recommend Keflex."

hi5 (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2012

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Infected Sebaceous Cyst: Needed to take three regimens of Keflex. Used Floragen 3 as a probiotic. "

troy f (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2012

For Bacterial Infection "I was prescribed Keflex (Cephalexin) after having surgery to prevent infection, and wanted to add to the list of side effects. They do not mention acid reflux, which I had every time I took the capsule (4 times a day, for 10 days). Also women need to take a probiotic while on this medication as it decreases natural flora and you can get yeast infection. I learned this the hard way by not eating enough yogurt while on this medication and not taking any probiotics. Just wanted to give a heads up and hopefully spare many women this highly uncomfortable experience."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2012

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I've been prescribed this antibiotic many times. I just realized that with my current course for a skin infection that I sweat profusely when I take this. The last time I had episodes of profuse sweating was the last time I was on this! I don't see it listed anywhere as a side effect, but it seems to happen to me every time I take it. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2012

For Bacterial Infection "I have used this medicine for years for many different conditions including bronchitis, boils, bladder infection, sinusitis among a few others. The problem though, has become since I have used it so many times, I am almost resistant to it and need a larger dose or longer dosing schedule to clear up a more severe case of the ailment. When it works, it works well."

SicklySue May 24, 2012

For Bone infection "Very hard to manage diarrhea while taking the antibiotic. Very tired and stomach was distended. "

klink August 31, 2011

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Works very well for treating the cellulitis I got from an insect bite. But don't drink alcohol while you are on this medication. I had half a beer and started feeling really nauseous, had a migraine and my stomach hurt."

Anonymous July 22, 2011

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Unfortunately, did not help 4 year old with chest infection. "

Anon99 July 4, 2011

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Quickly cleared up cellulitis that was painful and itchy on the crease of my leg. 7 days twice daily 500 mg."

Braki June 20, 2011