User Reviews for Keflex

Learn more about Keflex.

Keflex review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 140 medications used in the treatment of Skin Infection.

Reviews for Keflex to treat Skin Infection

Review by Vegasgirl22:

Got multiple venomous spider bites on left buttocks... Turned into a staph infection. Before taking the medicine I was in so much pain I could barely sit or lay down. Been on the medicine for two days now at 500mg twice a day (along with Epsom salt baths) and it has already GREATLY improved my infection, the sores, and my ability to sit!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 2, 2014 6:08 PM

Review by wrecks bored (taken for less than 1 month):

I fell off my longboard and made quite idiotic dressing decisions. After 3 days I saw a doctor who prescribed this and silver sulfadiazine. After 10 days it completely healed. Unfortunately I have had another tumble, this time with broken wrist and 10 open wounds. On it again. Trusting old Keflex to help again.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2014 1:24 PM

Review by all fixed up! (taken for less than 1 month):

I had to take a double dosage of Keflex. I weigh about 115lbs and had to take 500mg 4 times a day for 10 days. I didn't have any issues with side effects or drinking alcohol while on it. It was prescribed as a precaution after I accidentally got a cut on my leg that required 13 stitches. The only dissatisfactory attribute was the horrid sulfur smell of the capsules.

March 23, 2014 5:06 PM

Review by All gone (taken for less than 1 month):

I had recurring boils in one area. They would show up randomly so the dr. was never able to take a culture since they would come to a head and then pop whenever. He put me on a 20 day regimen of Keflex (500) and another ointment antibiotic that he told me to dab into my nose. He said for some odd reason, boils seem to start in the nose. I followed the instructions and had a minor recurrence several months later. I went immediately to see him so he put me back on Keflex. These boils were clustered and leaving scars in the area. They haven't recurred and the scars are gone. Since I caught them starting the 2nd time, they never had a chance to come to a head because I stayed on top of it. I highly recommend it for a skin bacterial infection.

February 25, 2014 7:21 PM

Took 200mg four x/day for 7 days. Cellulitis was still very pink and ozing. Now trying doxycyline for 10 days.

October 29, 2013 9:13 PM

Review by fatalefemme (taken for less than 1 month):

This medication gave me really bad travelling gas with cold sweats and made me very nauseous on the very first pill! I might ask my doctor to replace this medication for something else. I find it very strong, especially for a mild skin infection due to a spider bite!

July 23, 2013 1:26 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Basically the only medication that works for me to combat the infections that arise from Darier's disease (a genetic skin disease).

December 21, 2012 10:13 PM

Review by troy f (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Infected Sebaceous Cyst: Needed to take three regimens of Keflex. Used Floragen 3 as a probiotic.

July 2, 2012 5:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I've been prescribed this antibiotic many times. I just realized that with my current course for a skin infection that I sweat profusely when I take this. The last time I had episodes of profuse sweating was the last time I was on this! I don't see it listed anywhere as a side effect, but it seems to happen to me every time I take it.

May 27, 2012 2:22 PM

Works very well for treating the cellulitis I got from an insect bite. But don't drink alcohol while you are on this medication. I had half a beer and started feeling really nauseous, had a migraine and my stomach hurt.

July 22, 2011 4:46 AM

Review by Braki:

Quickly cleared up cellulitis that was painful and itchy on the crease of my leg. 7 days twice daily 500 mg.

June 20, 2011 2:38 AM

I have suffered with ulcers on my ankles (poor circulation) for years. Every once in awhile one if not both will get infected. Legs swell and skin turns purple as well as becoming very sensitive. The ulcers feel as though hot needles are being shoved into them. Keflex always knocks out the infection within a few days.

June 2, 2010 3:12 PM

I get recurring cases of impetigo and Keflex is always my go-to drug. Keflex clears up the infection quickly, and I've never experienced any side-effects, even if I take it on an empty stomach. Highly recommended!

August 4, 2009 9:23 PM

Taking this 4x a day for my second bout with Cellulitis. Also taking Ultram for pain.

May 13, 2009 2:04 PM

Along with the use of Itchamol ointment this clears boils up very quickly.

April 21, 2009 1:18 AM

Review by it's AWSOME:

It always helps me out. I just had plastic surgery and it helped out a great deal.

January 2, 2009 8:20 PM