User Reviews for Cipro

Bacteremia 0 reviews 47 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 145 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 39 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Infection Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Infectious Diarrhea 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 75 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculosis, Active 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cipro reviews 122 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Cipro

Review by akasha14:

For Bacterial Infection: I have taken Cipro for several sinus infections. It is probably the most effective treatments you can get. I have stubborn sinus infections so many antibiotics don't work. I take the 500 mg tablet.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2015 9:40 AM

Review by vovozz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bone infection: Right below knee amputation, right open fracture femur lead to osteomyelitis, non-union, 30 days of Cipro cleared the infection. Delayed union with plate interlocking done.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2015 10:55 PM

Review by MarzG:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Cipro has been a great help dealing with my urinary tract infections. Normally after the first pill I feel tremendous relief. I am fortunate that I do not experience any side effects.

February 8, 2015 5:14 AM

Review by Skipperose:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Wow, many of your reviews are very helpful. I am a vibrant, healthy & semi-athletic post-menopausal female. I ignored symptoms which were later diagnosed as CTI; acute abdomen pressure, urge to urinate every few minutes with pulsing and finally, bloody urine. Cipro worked for me within the 1st 24 hrs ...500 mg 2x p/day for 5 days... No side effects, only relief...

February 3, 2015 5:51 PM

Review by RecurrentUTIs (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I've taken this medicine about 7 times. It works well for the UTI, and prior to taking it this last time I had little side effects. This last time however was horrible. I couldn't sleep (not even a wink!) was shaky, felt like I couldn't walk, sore everywhere, headaches from hell... all of these effects started to happen on the 5th day... the 7th day (last day) was the worst and continued for the next week. I like this medicine because it works for the UTI, but I will not take it again. The side effects are scary.

February 1, 2015 10:46 PM

Review by ynnep1966:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Prescribed Cipro for a urinary tract infection 500 mg 1 every 12 hrs, noticed a great difference after 2 pills. Made me feel a little sick still after 3 days so I started breaking the tablet in half to help with the blah feeling. Works great for urinary tract infection.

January 27, 2015 7:22 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: Amazing. I was prescribed ciprofloxacin 500mg. I took just one pill and had major relief.

January 21, 2015 5:33 PM

Review by TreeCat:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I usually get 2-3 urinary tract infections per year. This is my first time using Cipro. I started on it 3 days ago and have had no side effects. The UTI is about 99% gone and I had major relief in the first 24 hours. No problems with discomfort when urinating, just a slight tinge after I go but barely noticeable and my urine is clear without any odor. I was hesitant to use it due to the side effects but am pleased that I have not experienced them.

January 16, 2015 8:40 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I am reading the comments and I am really surprised at how long and at how high a dosage some people with urinary tract infections are reporting. I went to the doctor this morning because I have a UTI, but I was given 6 Cipro pills, each 250 mg to be taken twice a day. From what I understand, most doctors will try this 3 day fix and not put you on an extended dose. I am reading comments that some people are on for 10 days. I am all for stamping out an infection, but I want to do it with as little medication as possible. So far so good. Who knows, I might need a new prescription but for now I am hoping that this modest approach of a 3 day treatment will do the trick.

January 10, 2015 2:10 PM

Review by lanai00:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Symptoms I had before being put on Cipro were the usual - blood in urine, pressure on bladder, need to pee every 10 seconds even after going, stinging. After being on 500 mg twice almost all the symptoms were gone but the side effects were horrible. I had nausea, headache, diarrhea, drowsiness and some chest pain. The size of the pills are relatively huge too. Not supposed to split them but I did anyway cos it got stuck in my throat and made me throw up my dinner once. I put the split pill into a 00 veggie capsule which makes it easy to swallow and I can't taste the bitterness.

November 25, 2014 10:48 PM

For Urinary Tract Infection: This medicine is amazing. I have taken this for three different urinary tract infections and it has cured them in only one day, seriously. I give it a rating of 11.

November 24, 2014 12:44 AM

Review by sanboa (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I was initially given amoxicillin for my UTI but after 3 days, I still had a fever, cloudy urine and overall blahs. Went back to Dr. and was given Cipro. Wow...less than 24 hours later, fever is gone and urine is clear. I do have a headache but I don't know if that is from Cipro or from sleeping so much. The list of side effects are a bit scary but so far, no problems.

November 22, 2014 2:20 PM

Review by DlReed:

For Bladder Infection: Cipro worked the first day for reducing the urgency, but I must not have eaten enough, because I felt like vomiting. The second day I had diarrhea, and the third day, I have the urgency back, but not as painful.

November 18, 2014 10:37 AM

Review by UghTI:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I have been getting urinary tract infections since I was a small child and the only antibiotic that has worked for me 100% of the time is Cipro. I have never had any side effects but I am not sensitive to any medicines that I am aware of. I also use AZO Maximum Strength for the pain as an alternative to Pyridium although if I have a prescription, Pyridium is actually cheaper (with insurance) than purchasing AZO.

October 28, 2014 2:55 PM

Review by MamawPapaw (taken for 10 years or more):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I've been suffering from urinary tract infections for most of my adult life. The first Dr that prescribed Cipro for me was a "Saint"! Nothing else works for me like it. I take 500mg twice a day for a week to 10 days. I insist on this medication. I've never had any issues with any side effects... Only amazing relief! I'm now in my late 60's and I still take this when I have a UTI.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 7, 2014 1:32 AM

Review by Driftways (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I am a male. Have been taken it for only 3 days, so cannot comment on efficacy yet but since starting it have been afflicted with continual attacks of Hiccups (not listed as a side effect) Annoying and very debilitating (To those around me as well!) Seeing Doctor in two days to decide course of action. Will report later.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 10:36 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: On the 7th and last day for taking Cipro I developed a rash with no itching on most of my body . After 2 weeks I still have some rash and also nausea. My doctor said Cipro had nothing to do with either. It did clear up my UTI infection but should I not take Cipro ever again .Thanks.

July 15, 2014 2:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Weird side effects and didn't help vaginal infection.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 10, 2014 3:38 PM

Review by The warrior! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I've been taking Cipro for three weeks now, had a horrible urinary tract infection that was not caught on time, and it went to my Kidney. To my luck this medication exists and also is my worst nightmare. (I'm used to it now, but the first three days, I couldn't sleep, I had the worst headaches ever, fever, body aches, a little of diarrhea, and lost of appetite) I have two more days to go. At first I thought the headaches were because I stopped drinking coffee, like a LOT!, but stopped my coffee intake when I got super sick. I'm currently on a 1000mg Cipro and wooo.. I can tell you, that as much as the side effects kick you, this medicine sure is working wonders. I drink plenty of water now, I honestly don't ever want to go back to having a urinary tract infection.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by Jleblo:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I was put on Cipro to treat a urinary tract infection. I was already on a medication that suppressed my immune system and even though the Cipro did wonders for my UTI, the side effects were unbearable. I was directed to take 1 250mg tabs twice daily for 3 days. I was only able to get through the first 2 days. The side effects were from what was a mild headache the first day to a severe headache the second day accompanied with muscle pain, joint aches, shortness of breath and even chest palpitations on the right side. I went in to see my doc and he said to come off them because even though they worked well for my UTI, my body was clearly unable to tolerate the side effects. Overall I say the medicine is very effective but is also strong so beware side effects.

May 1, 2014 12:04 AM

Review by Jilly Girl:

For Urinary Tract Infection: Took it for a urinary tract infection and immediately broke out in hives, fast heart rate and other unpleasant side effects. Had to take Benadryl and then was prescribed something else that worked.

April 25, 2014 10:55 AM

Review by LinaOchoa (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Urinary Tract Infection: Ciprofloxacin is a great antibiotic for a urinary tract infection in 2 days it'll be gone! Pain free.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 22, 2014 9:15 AM

Review by carrosa (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bladder Infection: This medicine gave me the relief of symptoms of pain, urgency and frequency I needed quickly but I felt bad otherwise with overall fatigue and joint pain everywhere. Seven Days of that was worth it to me to rid me of that infection. But I worry if those side effects could worsen if I use it again in the future.

April 13, 2014 10:26 AM

Review by nicolie:

For Bronchitis: I have been taking Cipro for three days now. I'm a father of two girls. I have had to call off work for the past 2 days due to the tiredness and fatigue. The only good thing I can say is that my infection is getting better slowly. This is a very strong medicine for many uses.

February 8, 2014 11:15 AM

Review by mball:

For Kidney Infections: I hate cipro. It sucks tne life out of me. I have no energy and it takes many , months to get better.

January 20, 2014 3:25 AM