User Reviews for Cipro

Bacteremia 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Bronchiectasis 0 reviews 148 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chancroid 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Febrile Neutropenia 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Granuloma Inguinale 0 reviews 36 medications Not rated - Be the first
Infection Prophylaxis 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Infectious Diarrhea 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Meningococcal Meningitis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Peritonitis 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rabbit Fever 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Enteric Fever 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Salmonella Gastroenteritis 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Shigellosis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculosis, Active 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cipro reviews 132 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Cipro

For Bladder Infection "Second day into a 7 day cycle ...within the first 15 to 20 minutes ciprofloxacin gives me phantom sensations like flea bites..nothing major it goes away shortly after. The blood is clearing up in my urine but still a mild pain in my right flank. Hopefully this stuff gets rid of the bacteria for good. Feels like it is..other than a sour stomach it seems to be working"

nevermind boy June 17, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Started taking for bladder infection, got to day 2 of taking the medication when it started giving me random sharp stomach pains (wasn't having any dairy products either) and caused me to have panic attacks where I felt extremely dizzy. I had to ask for another medication."

Anon7384 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I found out I had a UTI a week after I had my annual physical examination. I did not get my prescription until a week later so I would assume I had the UTI for two weeks to a month. Doc prescribed me to take two 500mg daily. The side affects suck. Night one I did not sleep. I took a 3 hour nap and was up for 16 hours. Day two's morning dose had me nauseous. I just took my night dose so hopefully the side effects won't be bad. My UTI symptoms went away within my first dosage (slight pressure, cloudy urine, sensitivity)"

Kc. (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2015

For Kidney Infections "Was given Cipro for a bladder infection. Took it for 5 or 6 days. Every day I felt sicker to the point that I couldn't even eat. Lost 10 pounds in three days. All I could do was sleep. My wife looked it up and found that this antibiotic has fluoride in it. No wonder I felt sick! I have never had a reaction to any other medications so this was new for me. Within 24 hours of stopping Cipro, I felt like myself again so I knew it was the medication. Fluoride, really? Can anyone say "Lab Rat". Never again!"

RFG4578 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Great medication for curing UTI but the side effects are horrendous and not worth it. After 3 days tendon pain in my heels, pain and tingling in my feet made it almost impossible to walk. Dr. took me off immediately and now, more than 3 months later the pain is finally beginning to subside. Never suffered side effects from any medication when younger but now at 65 have to be extremely careful."

Anonymous 1950 May 3, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had kidney pain . Back back. Pain that went down to my leg and I couldn't sleep. Thought it was from maybe over drinking so drank a lot of water but 7 days later of eating only vegetables and fruits and taking cranberry juice and anti oxidants I went to the doctor . After my first pill the pressure was gone and after the second pill (500mg) the pain was gone. It works!! No side effects other than slight nausea but that's nothing compared to one week of pain and sleepless nights."

Abraham22 May 1, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Prescribed 500 mg twice a day for UTI. By night four, had the most amazing aches in my left leg from hip through knee particularly. Halfway through the (sleepless, since it interacts with my usual sleep remedy) night, it switched legs. A relief in that I didn't have to worry that I was suddenly developing an orthopedic condition. Day and night five just as bad. Being careful with exercise so as not to harm a tendon. Something is going on. It's cured the UTI so I will stick it out for the five days. Hope these aches go away after. Taking Neurontin and a bedtime hydrocodone help, but that makes me useless! However, a urine culture said my infection was ONLY sensitive to Cipro, so ..."

CoCoKitty April 21, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Have taken cipro before for a uti with no problems; & immediate relief. This time after 2 days of 500 MG twice a day right calf muscle cramping horribly along with tingling & numbness on bottom of both feet. Very lethargic, but uti is better. Will cut in half & try 250 MG 3 times a day."

splimaid (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Was diagnosed with a UTI yesterday. Prescribed 250 mg Cipro 2x per day. I just had my third dose 20 minutes ago. The pain has lessened slightly and is becoming more manageable. I hope to be rid of the burning by this evening. So far, I'm happy with it (provided it works). I did have some side effects upon starting it: confusion, forgetfulness and I had some weird dreams. My boyfriend told me I was shaking in my sleep at one point and he was afraid I was seizing. Other than the mental side effects, I feel fine. Try a probiotic 30 minutes after each dose to counteract GI side effects."

AryaShark (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I have to be on it for 2 months due to surgery and chronic bladder infection..women..please eat something and take a probiotic with this medicine. Working great! No complaints and no yeast infection..yay!"

jerzeegirl1 February 26, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "I have taken Cipro for several sinus infections. It is probably the most effective treatments you can get. I have stubborn sinus infections so many antibiotics don't work. I take the 500 mg tablet."

akasha14 February 24, 2015

For Bone infection "Right below knee amputation, right open fracture femur lead to osteomyelitis, non-union, 30 days of Cipro cleared the infection. Delayed union with plate interlocking done."

vovozz (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Cipro has been a great help dealing with my urinary tract infections. Normally after the first pill I feel tremendous relief. I am fortunate that I do not experience any side effects."

MarzG February 8, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Wow, many of your reviews are very helpful. I am a vibrant, healthy & semi-athletic post-menopausal female. I ignored symptoms which were later diagnosed as CTI; acute abdomen pressure, urge to urinate every few minutes with pulsing and finally, bloody urine. Cipro worked for me within the 1st 24 hrs ...500 mg 2x p/day for 5 days... No side effects, only relief..."

Skipperose February 3, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "I've taken this medicine about 7 times. It works well for the UTI, and prior to taking it this last time I had little side effects. This last time however was horrible. I couldn't sleep (not even a wink!) was shaky, felt like I couldn't walk, sore everywhere, headaches from hell... all of these effects started to happen on the 5th day... the 7th day (last day) was the worst and continued for the next week. I like this medicine because it works for the UTI, but I will not take it again. The side effects are scary."

RecurrentUTIs (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Prescribed Cipro for a urinary tract infection 500 mg 1 every 12 hrs, noticed a great difference after 2 pills. Made me feel a little sick still after 3 days so I started breaking the tablet in half to help with the blah feeling. Works great for urinary tract infection."

ynnep1966 January 27, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Amazing. I was prescribed ciprofloxacin 500mg. I took just one pill and had major relief."

Anonymous January 21, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I usually get 2-3 urinary tract infections per year. This is my first time using Cipro. I started on it 3 days ago and have had no side effects. The UTI is about 99% gone and I had major relief in the first 24 hours. No problems with discomfort when urinating, just a slight tinge after I go but barely noticeable and my urine is clear without any odor. I was hesitant to use it due to the side effects but am pleased that I have not experienced them."

TreeCat January 16, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I am reading the comments and I am really surprised at how long and at how high a dosage some people with urinary tract infections are reporting. I went to the doctor this morning because I have a UTI, but I was given 6 Cipro pills, each 250 mg to be taken twice a day. From what I understand, most doctors will try this 3 day fix and not put you on an extended dose. I am reading comments that some people are on for 10 days. I am all for stamping out an infection, but I want to do it with as little medication as possible. So far so good. Who knows, I might need a new prescription but for now I am hoping that this modest approach of a 3 day treatment will do the trick."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Symptoms I had before being put on Cipro were the usual - blood in urine, pressure on bladder, need to pee every 10 seconds even after going, stinging. After being on 500 mg twice almost all the symptoms were gone but the side effects were horrible. I had nausea, headache, diarrhea, drowsiness and some chest pain. The size of the pills are relatively huge too. Not supposed to split them but I did anyway cos it got stuck in my throat and made me throw up my dinner once. I put the split pill into a 00 veggie capsule which makes it easy to swallow and I can't taste the bitterness."

lanai00 November 25, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "This medicine is amazing. I have taken this for three different urinary tract infections and it has cured them in only one day, seriously. I give it a rating of 11."

Anonymous November 24, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was initially given amoxicillin for my UTI but after 3 days, I still had a fever, cloudy urine and overall blahs. Went back to Dr. and was given Cipro. Wow...less than 24 hours later, fever is gone and urine is clear. I do have a headache but I don't know if that is from Cipro or from sleeping so much. The list of side effects are a bit scary but so far, no problems."

sanboa (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2014

For Bladder Infection "Cipro worked the first day for reducing the urgency, but I must not have eaten enough, because I felt like vomiting. The second day I had diarrhea, and the third day, I have the urgency back, but not as painful."

DlReed November 18, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have been getting urinary tract infections since I was a small child and the only antibiotic that has worked for me 100% of the time is Cipro. I have never had any side effects but I am not sensitive to any medicines that I am aware of. I also use AZO Maximum Strength for the pain as an alternative to Pyridium although if I have a prescription, Pyridium is actually cheaper (with insurance) than purchasing AZO."

UghTI October 28, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "I've been suffering from urinary tract infections for most of my adult life. The first Dr that prescribed Cipro for me was a "Saint"! Nothing else works for me like it. I take 500mg twice a day for a week to 10 days. I insist on this medication. I've never had any issues with any side effects... Only amazing relief! I'm now in my late 60's and I still take this when I have a UTI."

MamawPapaw (taken for 10 years or more) September 7, 2014

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next