User Reviews for Cefuroxime

Also known as: Ceftin, Kefurox, Zinacef

Learn more about Cefuroxime.

Bladder Infection 1 reviews 68 medications

Surgical Prophylaxis 1 reviews 50 medications

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 59 medications

Summary of Cefuroxime reviews 51 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Cefuroxime

For Bacterial Infection: "Given for bacterial infection, this medication did nothing but side effects. Fever, chills, no appetite, weak. Put this to the infection. Finished the prescribed amount and noticed red blotches on my skin and peeling. I think allergic to this product. Never again. Still feeling effects. It's only been one day since completion."

Amaranthus (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

For Surgical Prophylaxis: "After a minor cut in the head area, I was given Cefuroxime. Two days later, I started with a flu that affected my lungs and throat, and it lasted more than four weeks. I had taken the flu shot three months prior to this event. Now reading the article from PNAS, it seems like the protection for flu virus went away. I hadn't had a bad cold for about ten years, ever since I protect myself with the flu shot."

Emilion January 27, 2016

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Pneumonia: "My mother, age 75 took this. After 4 days she became very confused, bad chest pain, nauseated, felt jerky and diarrhea. She still shows some confusion after being off of it for 2 days."

Anonymous December 23, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I typically get two bad sinus infections every year and have tried many different antibiotics but this med. seems to work very well for me. After a few days I start to feel better but I must continue the Meds. for at least four more days or I will have a relapse to my sinus infection."

GrePec December 11, 2015

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Sinusitis: "Did excellent job with clearing up sinus infection. 4 days in, however, I got hit with pretty severe diarrhea. Dr. had me stop taking since I was so much improved in terms of the sinusitis and due to the side effects. Been 48 hrs of diarrhea. And 24 since I terminated the medication. Hopefully it resolves with the probiotics I'm taking and cessation of the Ceftin. I am concerned about the severe colitis I've read about but we shall see."

Brian O December 9, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed this drug for persistant sinusitus. After the first dose, my symptoms were gone! No yeast infection from it either. Works wonderfully!!!"

Lisa 68 December 8, 2015

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Bacterial Infection: "My doctor looked in my ear and nose and saw that they were severe blocked, as well as infected with bacteria. He explained to me that I probably have drainage into the eustachian tube and that has got dirty. So he prescribed me 500mg Ceftin, as well as Allegra-D and Flonase, all to be taken for 15 days. I take Ceftin twice daily morning and night with food. I take Allegra-D and Flonase in the morning before I leave for work. I don't know how the Ceftin works, but I was still plugged up for a good 5 days until it felt like it may be finally kicked in. But is it? It could just be the regular Allegra-D and Flonase? But I guess if this Ceftin is good for many other stuff, it'll be good for all the other bacteria type stuff so I'm happy."

W-U October 11, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I have tried different sinus medications over the years and this seems to be the best of them all. Just 2 pills a day breakfast and dinner, no noticeable negative effects. Cured my bout of sinusitis in about 3-days but I continued to take it for the full 14 days."

Resistor (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I have a terrible taste/smell...like something electrical. Doctor said I have a sinus infection. This medicine has had no effect at all. (Positive or negative). I just finished one week of 2-250mg tablets daily. Doctor said to refill after a week if I don't see any results."

zionfrost (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Had a normal UTI was prescribed Bactrim. After 4 days I started to get a 102 fever with backache. Went to ER and was prescribed Ceftin. Feel much better although my tummy is making all kinda noises and very loose stools."

AlimaS June 18, 2015

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Lyme Disease: "After several rounds of doxycycline it started to lose its effectiveness. After a week on ceftin my symptoms subsided. I'm not cured, but my symptoms have been manageable for the past 2 years"

Anonymous May 11, 2015

For Bronchitis: "I took this medicine at night and when I got up in the morning my lips had a white film on them and I pulled it off. I looked in the mirror and there was this white film on and inside my mouth.There was a thick coating on my tongue that resembled spongy like material. I stopped taking the medicine."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have suffered pain in my abdomen and back portion. It was diagnosed that I have urinary tract infection. My doctor was advised to take cefuroxime axetil 500mg 2 x a day good for 7 days. The pain was over even after took taking 1 tablet. It's nice no side effects I have felt while I took this medicine until I finished in 7 days."

Danilo A. Cadog (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2015

For Bronchitis: "One of the best antibiotics for me... I was amazed how well it worked. Down side: taste is horrible but that's probably why it's so good. My side effects were plentiful but the risks outweighed the bad... My biggest side effect was nausea and vomiting there were lots of moments I had to run to a bathroom or get out of a moving vehicle.... With all that, I'm still grateful. I was sicker then ever before. I slept last night fully for the first time in almost 3 weeks... If like me one of your symptoms are no appetite either force feed yourself or find an alternative with your doctor. I'm sure being able to eat would've helped ease my stomach. Feel better. Had some dizziness and vaginitis.."

Bronchitis :( (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I'm currently being treated (with Ceftin) for a chest infection. I had been coughing & try as I might, couldn't bring up all the stuck mucous in my chest & throat. After one pill, the phlegm was loosened & there was a dramatic decrease in my coughing. Plus, I've had ZERO side effects! : )"

Priscilla Dearing (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2014

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Sinusitis: "I've had sinusitis for a couple of weeks, woozy, dizzy, pressure. I took a dose pack, which I normally take anyway and it helped some but no appreciable effects. I tried Augmentin and couldn't take anymore after one dose due to side effects. I've taken 3 Ceftin since yesterday and I feel much, much better."

Anonymous December 11, 2014

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Prescribed to me for 14 days for a sinus, throat and lung infection that I was battling for 4 weeks without any relief through natural home remedies. Started to unclog the sinus within 72 hours, and began to be able to clear nose and chest through productive cough and sniffing inward to expel the phlegm. Drink plenty of water and eat/drink plenty of probiotic yogurt to avoid the associated diarrhea and stomach issues that can start. Works great. Found it better than Levaquin and without the severe tendon pain/ripping that was caused in my calves when sleeping. "

The Big Irish Guy (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2014

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Strep Throat: "No side effects at all... wiped it out first day."

missvash March 6, 2014

For Sinusitis: "I had been suffering for months with sinus pain. Cefuroxime Axetil was my second round of antibiotics. It was a new medicine for me, and it worked perfect. I began to feel better on day two. No side effects, no stomach pain, no bad taste, and easy to take. I am on day 9 of my 10 days and I feel great."

Greatful February 17, 2014

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Pharmacist."

hisham zagloul February 13, 2014

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Have chronic Lyme disease - causing depressed immune function. Ceftin eliminated my urinary tract infection in one week without any side reactions. Felt better after first dose. Love this medication!"

Lymie (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2014

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Sinusitis: "Was sick with the worst sinus infection in my life for at least 3 weeks. It began to turn into pneumonia. Amoxil wasn't working. 2 doses of Ceftin so far and I'm feeling much better. "

Diane B (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2013

For Skin and Structure Infection: "Eight weeks later after taking this drug I'm still recovering from side effects. It caused chills, fever, swollen lymph glands, bloated stomach, and gas. All symptoms have gone away except bloated stomach and gas. I've never had any stomach issues in my life, and now it's non-stop discomfort. I wouldn't recommend any one to take this medication."

wahsld November 8, 2013

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I have infections in the sinus, throat and upper chest. My doctor first put me on Augmentin, which caused me to throw up. She changed it to Ceftin, and it is giving me no trouble at all. Also, I am already feeling better in the sinus. I have a horrible cough, but I imagine that's from the bronchitis breaking up. I'm very pleased with how this is working so far."

amberpep (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2013

Ceftin (cefuroxime) for Pneumonia: "Works and you start feeling better in 2-3 days but you get diarrhea. My doctor prescribed probiotics Florastor..that helped restore good bacteria."

Annie145 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2013