WinRho SDF Side Effects
Generic Name: rho (d) immune globulin
Note: This document contains side effect information about rho (d) immune globulin. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name WinRho SDF.
For the Consumer
Applies to rho (d) immune globulin: solution
Along with its needed effects, rho (d) immune globulin (the active ingredient contained in WinRho SDF) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking rho (d) immune globulin:
- Bloody urine
- decreased frequency of urination or amount of urine
- increased blood pressure
- increased thirst
- loss of appetite
- lower back pain
- nausea or vomiting
- pale skin
- swelling of the face, fingers, or lower legs
- troubled breathing
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- weight gain
Some side effects of rho (d) immune globulin may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Soreness at the place of injection
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to rho (d) immune globulin: injectable powder for injection, injectable solution, intramuscular powder for injection, intramuscular solution
Very common (10% or more): Chills (34.7%), pyrexia/increased body temperature (32.6%)
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Malaise
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Death
Frequency not reported: Shivering, weakness
Very rare (less than 0.01%): Disseminated intravascular coagulation
Frequency not reported: Intravascular hemolysis, hemolysis resulting in death, clinically compromising anemia, extravascular hemolysis, hemolytic reaction
Postmarketing reports: Hemoglobinemia, disseminated intravascular coagulation[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Injection site swelling, injection site pain
Very common (10% or more): Headache (14.3%)
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Nausea, vomiting
Rare (less than 0.1%): Tachycardia, hypotension
Frequency not reported: Increase in blood pressure
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Skin reaction, erythema, pruritus, pallor, rash
Rare (less than 0.1%): Arthralgia, back pain
Postmarketing reports: Myalgia, muscle spasm, pain in extremities[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Increase in blood bilirubin (21.4%)
The most common adverse events were chills, pyrexia, increased bilirubin, and headache.[Ref]
Rare (less than 0.1%): Dyspnea
Frequency not reported: Acute renal insufficiency
Postmarketing reports: Renal failure, renal impairment[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Transient positive anti-C antibody test
Frequency not reported: Sensitization to repeated injections of human globulin[Ref]
1. "Product Information. RhoGAM Ultra-Filtered Plus (RHo (D) immune globulin)." Kedrion Biopharma Inc, Cambridge, MA.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
4. "Product Information. Rhophylac (RHo (D) immune globulin)." ZLB Bioplasma Inc, Glendale, CA.
5. "Product Information. HyperRHO S/D Full Dose (RHo (D) immune globulin)." Talecris Biotherapeutics, Research Triangle Park, NC.
6. "Product Information. WinRho SDF (RHo (D) immune globulin)." Nabi, Boca Raton, FL.
7. "Product Information. BayRHo-D (RHo (D) immune globulin)." Bayer, West Haven, CT.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about WinRho SDF (rho (d) immune globulin)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 3 Reviews
- Drug class: immune globulins
- FDA Alerts (1)