Tronolane Anesthetic for Hemorrhoids Side Effects
Generic Name: pramoxine / zinc oxide topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about pramoxine / zinc oxide topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Tronolane Anesthetic for Hemorrhoids.
For the Consumer
Applies to pramoxine/zinc oxide topical: rectal cream
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad bleeding from rectum or rectal pain.
- Very bad rectal irritation.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
1. "Product Information. Tucks Hemorrhoidal (pramoxine-zinc oxide topical)." Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals Group, New York, NY.
Some side effects of Tronolane Anesthetic for Hemorrhoids may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
More about Tronolane Anesthetic for Hemorrhoids (pramoxine / zinc oxide topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- En Español
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: anorectal preparations
Other brands: Tucks Hemorrhoidal Ointment