Seb-Prev Side Effects
Generic Name: sulfacetamide sodium topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about sulfacetamide sodium topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Seb-Prev.
Applies to sulfacetamide sodium topical: external cream, external foam, external gel, external liquid, external lotion, external shampoo
Other dosage forms:
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
- Any unexplained bruising or bleeding.
- Fever or chills.
- Sore throat.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
- A very bad skin reaction (Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis) may happen. It can cause very bad health problems that may not go away, and sometimes death. Get medical help right away if you have signs like red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin (with or without fever); red or irritated eyes; or sores in your mouth, throat, nose, or eyes.
- A health problem called lupus has happened with drugs like this one. One death has been reported. Tell your doctor right away if you have signs of lupus like a rash on your cheeks or other body parts, sunburn easy, muscle or joint pain, chest pain or shortness of breath, or swelling in the arms or legs.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Skin irritation.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Seb-Prev (sulfacetamide sodium topical)
- Seb-Prev Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: topical antibiotics