Rescon-MX Side Effects
Generic Name: dexchlorpheniramine / phenylephrine
Note: This document contains side effect information about dexchlorpheniramine / phenylephrine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Rescon-MX.
For the Consumer
Applies to dexchlorpheniramine / phenylephrine: oral tablet extended release 12 hour
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Not able to sleep.
- Feeling sleepy.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Nervous system side effects have included headache, dizziness, mild sedation, tremor, weakness, insomnia, drowsiness, restlessness, convulsions, central nervous system depression, and nervousness.[Ref]
Respiratory side effects have included respiratory difficulty.[Ref]
Dermatologic side effects have included very rare reports of dermatitis.[Ref]
Ocular side effects have included blurring of vision.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. RhinaHist (dexchlorpheniramine-phenylephrine)." ProEthic Laboratories LLC, Montgomery, AL.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Rescon-MX (dexchlorpheniramine / phenylephrine)
- Rescon-MX Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations