Pododerm Side Effects
Generic Name: podophyllum resin topical
Note: This page contains side effects data for the generic drug podophyllum resin topical. It is possible that some of the dosage forms included below may not apply to the brand name Pododerm.
Applies to podophyllum resin topical: topical solution
As well as its needed effects, podophyllum resin topical (the active ingredient contained in Pododerm) may cause unwanted side effects that require medical attention.
Major Side Effects
If any of the following side effects occur while taking podophyllum resin topical, check with your doctor immediately:Early symptoms of too much medicine being absorbed into the body
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- clumsiness or unsteadiness
- decreased or loss of reflexes
- diarrhea (may be severe and continuing)
- excitement, irritability, or nervousness
- hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there)
- muscle weakness
- nausea or vomiting
- sore throat and fever
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- convulsions (seizures)
- difficult or painful urination
- difficulty in breathing
- dizziness or lightheadedness, especially when getting up from a lying or sitting position
- fast heartbeat
- numbness, tingling, pain, or weakness in hands or feet (may not occur for about 2 weeks after medicine is used)
- pain in upper abdomen or stomach (mild, dull, and continuing)
If any of the following side effects occur while taking podophyllum resin topical, check with your doctor or nurse as soon as possible:
- Burning, redness, or other irritation of affected area
- skin rash or itching
It is possible that some side effects of Pododerm may not have been reported. These can be reported to the FDA here. Always consult a healthcare professional for medical advice.
More about Pododerm (podophyllum resin topical)
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.