Pododerm Side Effects
Generic Name: podophyllum resin topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about podophyllum resin topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Pododerm.
Applies to podophyllum resin topical: topical solution
Along with its needed effects, podophyllum resin topical (the active ingredient contained in Pododerm) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking podophyllum resin topical:
Early symptoms of too much medicine being absorbed into the body
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- clumsiness or unsteadiness
- decreased or loss of reflexes
- diarrhea (may be severe and continuing)
- excitement, irritability, or nervousness
- hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there)
- muscle weakness
- nausea or vomiting
- sore throat and fever
- unusual bleeding or bruising
Late symptoms of too much medicine being absorbed into the body
- convulsions (seizures)
- difficult or painful urination
- difficulty in breathing
- dizziness or lightheadedness, especially when getting up from a lying or sitting position
- fast heartbeat
- numbness, tingling, pain, or weakness in hands or feet (may not occur for about 2 weeks after medicine is used)
- pain in upper abdomen or stomach (mild, dull, and continuing)
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking podophyllum resin topical:
- Burning, redness, or other irritation of affected area
- skin rash or itching
Medically reviewed on Jun 7, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.