Pancuronium Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to pancuronium: parenteral injection
Side effects include:
Various degrees of skeletal muscle weakness.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to pancuronium: intravenous solution
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Severe anaphylactic reactions[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Pain and burning at injection site[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Prolonged paralysis, disuse atrophy, and areflexia have been reported with prolonged use of this drug[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Decreased intraocular pressure, miosis[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): Mild to moderate increase in blood pressure and/or pulse rate (10%)
Rare (less than 0.1%): Hypotension, cardiovascular collapse, flushing, edema, arrhythmia, bradycardia
Frequency not reported: Dysrhythmias, increased cardiac output[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Hypersalivation[Ref]
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
3. "Product Information. Pancuronium Bromide (pancuronium)." Hospira Inc, Lake Forest, IL.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about pancuronium
- Pancuronium Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: neuromuscular blocking agents