Muri-Lube Side Effects
Generic name: mineral oil
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 22, 2021.
Note: This document contains side effect information about mineral oil. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Muri-Lube.
For the Consumer
Applies to mineral oil: oral oil or suspension, rectal oil
Side effects include:
Rectal seepage, anal irritation, pruritus ani, rectal reflex impairment, infection/impaired healing of anorectal lesions.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to mineral oil: oral emulsion, oral liquid, oral suspension, rectal enema
Frequency not reported: Anal leakage, inflammation, irritation, lump formation[Ref]
Anal leakage and irritation may result from prolonged use of oral formulations.[Ref]
Lung congestion could result from accidental aspiration of oral formulations.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Lung congestion[Ref]
More about Muri-Lube (mineral oil)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: laxatives
- Other brands
1. "Product Information. Fleet Mineral Oil Enema (mineral oil)." Fleet, Lynchburg, VA.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
4. "Product Information. Kondremul (mineral oil)." Bristol-Myers Squibb, Princeton, NJ.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.