M-End WC Side Effects
Generic Name: brompheniramine / codeine / pseudoephedrine
Note: This document contains side effect information about brompheniramine / codeine / pseudoephedrine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name M-End WC.
For the Consumer
Applies to brompheniramine / codeine / pseudoephedrine: oral liquid
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Chest pain or pressure or a fast heartbeat.
- Trouble breathing, slow breathing, or shallow breathing.
- Noisy breathing.
- Feeling very sleepy.
- Feeling confused.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not there).
- Mood changes.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Very bad headache.
- Trouble passing urine.
- Change in eyesight.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Very bad constipation.
- Feeling tired or weak.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Not able to sleep.
- Feeling sleepy.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Sweating a lot.
- Feeling tired or weak.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Frequency not reported: Anaphylactic shock, excessive perspiration, chills
Frequency not reported: Thickening of bronchial secretions, tightness of chest, wheezing, nasal stuffiness, and dryness of mouth, nose and throat
Frequency not reported: Sedation, dizziness, sleepiness, disturbed coordination, fatigue, confusion, restlessness, excitation, nervousness, tremor, irritability, insomnia, euphoria, paresthesias, vertigo, hysteria, neuritis, tinnitus, acute labyrinthitis, convulsions[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Blurred vision, diplopia
1. "American Geriatrics Society 2015 Updated Beers Criteria for Potentially Inappropriate Medication Use in Older Adults." J Am Geriatr Soc 63 (2015): 2227-46
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about M-End WC (brompheniramine / codeine / pseudoephedrine)
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (5)