Iobenguane I 123 Side Effects
Applies to iobenguane I 123: intravenous solution
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, iobenguane I 123 may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking iobenguane I 123:
Incidence not known
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- joint pain, stiffness, or swelling
- reddening of the skin, especially around the ears
- swelling of the eyes, face, or inside of the nose
- tightness in the chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of iobenguane I 123 may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Bleeding, blistering, bruising, burning, coldness, discoloration of the skin, feeling of pressure, hives, infection, inflammation, itching, lumps, numbness, pain, rash, redness, scarring, soreness, stinging, swelling, tenderness, tingling, ulceration, or warmth at the injection site
- feeling of warmth or redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 14, 2021.
More about iobenguane I 123
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.