User Reviews for Regadenoson

Also known as: Lexiscan

Learn more about Regadenoson.

Diagnosis and Investigation 6 reviews 72 medications

7.3
Radionuclide Myocard... Perfusion Study 1 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Regadenoson reviews 7 reviews 4.2

Reviews for Regadenoson

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "Wasn't fully prepared for the immediacy of the effect of this drug. As soon as it was injected I felt like I was suffocating, almost claustrophobic. It plateaued quickly and came down, went away quickly, but it was scary initially. Feel the cardiologist could have done a better job of prepping me for the effect. It certainly raised my heart rate, I'll give it that."

Old 3 putt April 12, 2016

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Radionuclide Myocardial Perfusion Study: "I had an anaphylactic reaction. Within 30 sec of the drug being injected, my chest began to tighten and I could not feel my feet. The numbness continued to spread upward until I could feel nothing from my chest down with continuing increased chest pain and wheezing. They placed me in reverse trendelenburg position and called for a cardiologist. I became increasingly diaphoretic,increasing chest pressure, still unable to feel anything below my neck and I could not move my head. I received several IV pushes. It took them over 30 mins to stabilize me and return me to baseline- able to move all 4 limbs with normal vital signs. This occurred within a hospital setting, but they proceeded with the test anyway. I am asthmatic on meds."

Organicmom (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2015

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "I have been itching since I had this test on Monday ...over 40 hours ago....this med should not be given to patients who take asthma meds. I guess no one cared enough to read my medical history. I am concerned about this med staying in my body."

NOLexiscanPlease June 3, 2015

For : "I underwent a stress test at our local hospital in April 2010. Today I received the first notice that this drug had been administered during the procedure from the Medicare Summary Notice. It states that I was given 0.1mg of the injection for which the hospital charged $456. That figures out to be $133.8 million per ounce (0.1 x 10 = 1mg x1000 = $456,000 per gram x 30 0 = $133.8 million per ounce) It would be interesting to know how much the hospital really paid for this 0.1mg. and how much it really costs the manufacturer to make this small dose."

RDANDY (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2013

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "I had this test today. I did feel somewhat dizzy and flushed but for only a couple of seconds, I did get a headache that did not go away so they gave me the antidote and it went away almost right away. It was not as bad as I had expected. The only thing I am wondering about is later in the day I became very nauseated not sure if this was from the medicine."

Anonymous May 17, 2012

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "Had it used for a stress test at local VA Medical Center. Had mild chest discomfort, mild discomfort in both legs, and raised pulse. Not as bad as expected, no nausea or other side effects. Do not worry if you are asked to have stress test using it."

jjmitchell60 October 21, 2011

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "I took the Lexiscan stress test yesterday. The hardest part of the test was lying still for 45 min. The chemical was injected during the last 10min and I felt no real side effects. I had a slight taste in my mouth for maybe 20 seconds and I noticed that my heart rate increased. After a couple of minutes my heart started slowing and after the 10min period, I felt normal. If you are scheduled for the test, stop worrying, it's not that bad. Don't stress out from all the horror stories you read on the Internet."

Rellimmelc February 15, 2011

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "I had a stress test done. The medicine does what it says it does. The only side effect I had was a headache. "

Anonymous December 2, 2010