User Reviews for Regadenoson

Diagnosis and Investigation
Radionuclide Myocardial Perfusion Study

Reviews for Regadenoson

Anonymous February 18, 2021

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “Scarey... extreme and rapid shortness of breath... bad headache that went behind eyes and towards end of the test, nausea. Would never agree to this test again. Cannot believe this is appropriate or safe for anyone, like me, who has had a STEMI and coronary artery disease. Also shouldn't BP be monitored several times throughout the test?”

Sasha February 11, 2021

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “F,115LB, 55. I had it done in a hospital setting while under observation. It does make your heart race, but it is very quick. They gave me coffee afterward. The staff were excellent to keep me calm. Knowing nothing beforehand is the best. Just surrender to whatever happens. Result: I had no blockages.”

BMW · Taken for 10 years or more February 4, 2021

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “I had very mild symptoms, very slight chest pressure and some discomfort in right arm two day before the chemical stress test. Even though I'd had no more symptoms, I didn't feel comfortable getting this test, but the hospital talked me into it. Long story short, it triggered a heart attack and I was rushed to the CAT lab where I received a stent. HORRIBLE experience.”

Anonymous September 9, 2020

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “I had a Lexican scan this morning and wanted to share my experience since this is where I looked for other patient experiences. I was expecting the worst and it ended up being super easy. I stressed myself out and lost sleep over this test for no reason. They told me it would last 4 minutes, but it felt like it was less than that. At first I noticed my legs felt weird and I felt a couple seconds of very mild chest discomfort, followed by a headache (which disappeared after they gave me coffee). I hope this review helps someone out. I know I found comfort in reading about people who didn’t experience extreme side effects. It was not bad at all! Please don’t stress over it.”

Scaredy cat · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2020

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “My Dr. ordered this for pre-op testing. I had never heard of it so l explored it online. After reading the side effects and patient testimonials l was petrified to have it done! I just thought l was going to die. I had the test the test this morning. After the injection l waited for all of the side effects to hit! Very minimal. Mild shortness of breath. Slight headache and some shoulder pain. I realize everyone is different but if your Dr orders this for you it's not as bad as you're going to imagine it to be. I should also say l have a panic disorder. My body overreacts to anything out of the norm.”

Rellimmelc February 15, 2011

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “I took the Lexiscan stress test yesterday. The hardest part of the test was lying still for 45 min. The chemical was injected during the last 10min and I felt no real side effects. I had a slight taste in my mouth for maybe 20 seconds and I noticed that my heart rate increased. After a couple of minutes my heart started slowing and after the 10min period, I felt normal. If you are scheduled for the test, stop worrying, it's not that bad. Don't stress out from all the horror stories you read on the Internet.”

suzleinmd August 29, 2019

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Radionuclide Myocardial Perfusion Study: “Immediately after the Lexiscan was injected -> lightheaded, dizzy, nauseated, an uncomfortable substernal feeling, my arms & legs felt weak, very brief strong urge to defecate, followed by SEVERE ABDOMINAL PAIN THAT PERSISTED FOR HOURS! I DEVELOPED NUMBNESS IN MY FEET & A CRAMPY PAIN IN BOTH CALF MUSCLES that lasted all day. They gave me a large cup of regular coffee to reverse the drug. This helped but only temporarily. That evening, I started feeling really sick - not actually nauseated but I had NO desire to eat. The substernal discomfort lasted for 2 days. The weakness, generalized fatigue & muscle aching were still present more than 9 days after the test, severe enough to prevent me from being able to do many of the basic things that need to be done every day!”

Anonymous June 13, 2018

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “This is a follow up to my post on March 3rd. I had a Lexiscan in Oct and broke out in hives and itching and now it is June 12th and the hives and itching have not stopped since. I have been under the care of a dermatologist the entire time and now an endocinologist who says whatever is going on is systemic, which means there is something in my blood that the body is fighting with anti-bodies, most likely a drug. Well, I discontinued my blood pressure meds back in Dec in hopes it was that, but alas, it wasn't. I have serious questions about this Lexiscan drug and how long it stays in your system and if anyone else had been itching and breaking out in hives for over six months after having one.”

Shelly March 4, 2018

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “I originally went to hospital with chest pain radiating to my left arm in the middle of the night. Being a previous MI patient they did continuous blood work until noon the next day and then did the lexiscan. This was the second lexiscan I have had and by golly, IT was UNCOMFORTABLE! I nearly ripped the technicians leg off because I felt my chest tighten down so darned hard. Well, the test went well and I went home that eve. Two days later I began itching all over my body, then broke out in hives. That was on Oct 25th, it is now Mar 3rd and the dermatologist has tried everything in the book to stop the hives, to no avail! I have walked the floor all night because it itches much more when you are at rest. I am 69 years old and have never had any sort of skin problems, but this, this is driving me insane and the only thing that precipitated this horrible case was the lexiscan! I don't know who to report this to so maybe someone can direct me. Thank you.”

lolalulu November 14, 2017

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “This may help the scan so they can check your heart, but the result for the patient is horrible. After 2 days of having this injected, I broke out in a rash, hives, the color of my the skin was red, and hot. So far, I have taken: 3 days of Benadryl 50mg 3 times, Benadryl nighttime so I could sleep, entire bottle of calamine lotion, used (just about) bottle of Alo Vera Gel, cut the leaves of the Alo Vera plant used the gel, Vicks VapoRub, Max-Arnica cream, Hydroxyzine 50mg 1 time, Cetrizine 2 times a day, Betamethasone AUG 0.05%, Prednisone 10MG, Methylprednisolone 4 MG, Cortisone cream. I am on the 3rd week, and have no relief to the hives, doctors have given up; they tell me that it will pass. This is too much!!!!!! HELP.....”

Angel36608 · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 3, 2019

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “When the Lexiscan was injected in the IV on Oct, 1 2019, immediately the adverse reactions started with shortness of breath, nausea, headache, tightness, jaw pain and stiffness as well as dizziness. Upon rising up a nitro was administered but still could not eat anything afterwards but did intake liquids (Sprite) to help nausea. This was definitely a cake walk compared to 2018 which the Lexiscan helped indicate my 95% blockage. I think if Lexiscan helps any Cardiologist save a life then the minor adverse reactions are worth it...”

jjmitchell60 October 21, 2011

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “Had it used for a stress test at local VA Medical Center. Had mild chest discomfort, mild discomfort in both legs, and raised pulse. Not as bad as expected, no nausea or other side effects. Do not worry if you are asked to have stress test using it.”

Anonymous May 17, 2012

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “I had this test today. I did feel somewhat dizzy and flushed but for only a couple of seconds, I did get a headache that did not go away so they gave me the antidote and it went away almost right away. It was not as bad as I had expected. The only thing I am wondering about is later in the day I became very nauseated not sure if this was from the medicine.”

mulletman February 27, 2019

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “I had lexiscan done, 20 minutes after drug was administered I went into vtech I'm a healthy in great shape 49 year old male never had vtec in my life my heart is completely normal no doubt to me this stuff can have an adverse effect on some people just know the risks before you take it”

Katie · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2020

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “Terrible. The second I was injected I became very HOT...flushed...feeling in my face, then I got shortness of breath as if I were jogging on a treadmill...then my legs, arms, and upper back cramped up. Thankfully I didn't get dizzy, but did feel a bit "Off" in the head. The nurse offered me coffee as she said it would counter act the effects of the medicine. While the coffee didn't work...they gave me the reversal meds with had me feeling fine in a few minutes...I would rather walk on the treadmill than get this stuff injected...terrible.”

Andy June 22, 2018

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Radionuclide Myocardial Perfusion Study: “The assistants are not RNs They believed the 1/2 life is 15 seconds. Online info is good, but education about this is non-existent before the test. No reversal agent used. I think it should be mandatory. Still have headache and tired eyes, 3 hrs. after.”

Organicmom · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2015

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Radionuclide Myocardial Perfusion Study: “I had an anaphylactic reaction. Within 30 sec of the drug being injected, my chest began to tighten and I could not feel my feet. The numbness continued to spread upward until I could feel nothing from my chest down with continuing increased chest pain and wheezing. They placed me in reverse trendelenburg position and called for a cardiologist. I became increasingly diaphoretic,increasing chest pressure, still unable to feel anything below my neck and I could not move my head. I received several IV pushes. It took them over 30 mins to stabilize me and return me to baseline- able to move all 4 limbs with normal vital signs. This occurred within a hospital setting, but they proceeded with the test anyway. I am asthmatic on meds.”

NOLexiscanPlease June 3, 2015

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “I have been itching since I had this test on Monday ...over 40 hours ago....this med should not be given to patients who take asthma meds. I guess no one cared enough to read my medical history. I am concerned about this med staying in my body.”

Old 3 putt April 12, 2016

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “Wasn't fully prepared for the immediacy of the effect of this drug. As soon as it was injected I felt like I was suffocating, almost claustrophobic. It plateaued quickly and came down, went away quickly, but it was scary initially. Feel the cardiologist could have done a better job of prepping me for the effect. It certainly raised my heart rate, I'll give it that.”

Steven C June 9, 2017

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Radionuclide Myocardial Perfusion Study: “Today I had a nuclear stress test with lexiscan and thallous chloride (TC99m rapidly becoming unavailable). As a former Nuc Med Tech I used to give these tests most of which were conducted with Persantine; I would advise the patients that they would briefly feel like an elephant was sitting on their chest. I was a bit apprehensive of the stressing agent but noted absolutely no affects from it. I'm impressed.”

Sam_female_55 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 16, 2019

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “PROCEDURE: Lexiscan stress test, nuclear portion. This was a same-day rest and stress protocol in which a total of 10.5 mCi of Cardiolite was given at rest, and a total of 30.0 mCi Cardiolite was given after Lexiscan stress test. I had no side effects. The actual test was not extremely uncomfortable, just raised HR very high. HR reversed to normal quickly. Was given coffee for whatever reason. Keep in mind, the test is not useful for diagnosing Coronary Microvascular Disease, the one women have. Cardiolite is a nuclear radioactive isotope termed Technetium Tc99m Sestamibi. It is a different drug, not the one FDA warns about "FDA warns of rare but serious risk of heart attack and death with cardiac nuclear stress test drugs Lexiscan (regadenoson) and Adenoscan (adenosine)"”

Soakie November 12, 2020

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “I was injected with the cardiolite first, waited approximately 30 minutes, pictures taken and then injected with the Lexiscan for the stress test. I became extremely sick after leaving the exam room. My thighs were in cramps, pain in my left arm and vomiting. Took hours for it to wear off. Was I allergic to medicine?”

RDANDY · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2013

“I underwent a stress test at our local hospital in April 2010. Today I received the first notice that this drug had been administered during the procedure from the Medicare Summary Notice. It states that I was given 0.1mg of the injection for which the hospital charged $456. That figures out to be $133.8 million per ounce (0.1 x 10 = 1mg x1000 = $456,000 per gram x 30 0 = $133.8 million per ounce) It would be interesting to know how much the hospital really paid for this 0.1mg. and how much it really costs the manufacturer to make this small dose.”

Munchkin · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2021

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “For me, this was not near as bad as I've seen from others online. I was quite scared to have this test because of all of it. The staff at my doctors office was very reassuring and made me feel at ease. The picture parts were a snap, I just had lie back with hands above my head. When it came to getting the I.V., I was told what I might expect and also told it would be brief, and said they had an injection to calm me if necessary. I felt a slight warmth, a sense of panic and a tad breathless. They allowed me to sit up and remove my mask. It passed very quickly. I did not need the other injection. At the end of everything I was told "we got some pretty good pictures.". Take all comment with a grain of salt, weighed with what you know about yourself. Above all, ask a lot of questions of the experts.”

Anonymous December 2, 2010

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “I had a stress test done. The medicine does what it says it does. The only side effect I had was a headache. ”

YNH · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2017

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: “This drug is still causing moderate to severe joint and muscle pain in my legs ten hours after receiving it.”

TH · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2018

For Diagnosis and Investigation: “Instantaneous dizziness, felt numb, weak, tachy, became extremely nauseous. Had no out of breath sensation or chest pain. It was similar in experience to verssed injection.”