User Reviews for Regadenoson systemic

4.7

Radionuclide Myocard... Perfusion Study

Summary of Regadenoson reviews 4.7 14 reviews

Reviews for Regadenoson

For Diagnosis and Investigation: "Instantaneous dizziness, felt numb, weak, tachy, became extremely nauseous. Had no out of breath sensation or chest pain. It was similar in experience to verssed injection."

TH (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2018

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Radionuclide Myocardial Perfusion Study: "The assistants are not RNs They believed the 1/2 life is 15 seconds. Online info is good, but education about this is non-existent before the test. No reversal agent used. I think it should be mandatory. Still have headache and tired eyes, 3 hrs. after."

Andy June 22, 2018

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "This is a follow up to my post on March 3rd. I had a Lexiscan in Oct and broke out in hives and itching and now it is June 12th and the hives and itching have not stopped since. I have been under the care of a dermatologist the entire time and now an endocinologist who says whatever is going on is systemic, which means there is something in my blood that the body is fighting with anti-bodies, most likely a drug. Well, I discontinued my blood pressure meds back in Dec in hopes it was that, but alas, it wasn't. I have serious questions about this Lexiscan drug and how long it stays in your system and if anyone else had been itching and breaking out in hives for over six months after having one."

Anonymous June 13, 2018

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "I originally went to hospital with chest pain radiating to my left arm in the middle of the night. Being a previous MI patient they did continuous blood work until noon the next day and then did the lexiscan. This was the second lexiscan I have had and by golly, IT was UNCOMFORTABLE! I nearly ripped the technicians leg off because I felt my chest tighten down so darned hard. Well, the test went well and I went home that eve. Two days later I began itching all over my body, then broke out in hives. That was on Oct 25th, it is now Mar 3rd and the dermatologist has tried everything in the book to stop the hives, to no avail! I have walked the floor all night because it itches much more when you are at rest. I am 69 years old and have never had any sort of skin problems, but this, this is driving me insane and the only thing that precipitated this horrible case was the lexiscan! I don't know who to report this to so maybe someone can direct me. Thank you."

Shelly March 4, 2018

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "This may help the scan so they can check your heart, but the result for the patient is horrible. After 2 days of having this injected, I broke out in a rash, hives, the color of my the skin was red, and hot. So far, I have taken: 3 days of Benadryl 50mg 3 times, Benadryl nighttime so I could sleep, entire bottle of calamine lotion, used (just about) bottle of Alo Vera Gel, cut the leaves of the Alo Vera plant used the gel, Vicks VapoRub, Max-Arnica cream, Hydroxyzine 50mg 1 time, Cetrizine 2 times a day, Betamethasone AUG 0.05%, Prednisone 10MG, Methylprednisolone 4 MG, Cortisone cream. I am on the 3rd week, and have no relief to the hives, doctors have given up; they tell me that it will pass. This is too much!!!!!! HELP....."

lolalulu November 14, 2017

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Radionuclide Myocardial Perfusion Study: "Today I had a nuclear stress test with lexiscan and thallous chloride (TC99m rapidly becoming unavailable). As a former Nuc Med Tech I used to give these tests most of which were conducted with Persantine; I would advise the patients that they would briefly feel like an elephant was sitting on their chest. I was a bit apprehensive of the stressing agent but noted absolutely no affects from it. I'm impressed."

Steven C June 9, 2017

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "This drug is still causing moderate to severe joint and muscle pain in my legs ten hours after receiving it."

YNH (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2017

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "Wasn't fully prepared for the immediacy of the effect of this drug. As soon as it was injected I felt like I was suffocating, almost claustrophobic. It plateaued quickly and came down, went away quickly, but it was scary initially. Feel the cardiologist could have done a better job of prepping me for the effect. It certainly raised my heart rate, I'll give it that."

Old 3 putt April 12, 2016

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Radionuclide Myocardial Perfusion Study: "I had an anaphylactic reaction. Within 30 sec of the drug being injected, my chest began to tighten and I could not feel my feet. The numbness continued to spread upward until I could feel nothing from my chest down with continuing increased chest pain and wheezing. They placed me in reverse trendelenburg position and called for a cardiologist. I became increasingly diaphoretic,increasing chest pressure, still unable to feel anything below my neck and I could not move my head. I received several IV pushes. It took them over 30 mins to stabilize me and return me to baseline- able to move all 4 limbs with normal vital signs. This occurred within a hospital setting, but they proceeded with the test anyway. I am asthmatic on meds."

Organicmom (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2015

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "I have been itching since I had this test on Monday ...over 40 hours ago....this med should not be given to patients who take asthma meds. I guess no one cared enough to read my medical history. I am concerned about this med staying in my body."

NOLexiscanPlease June 3, 2015

For Not Listed / Other: "I underwent a stress test at our local hospital in April 2010. Today I received the first notice that this drug had been administered during the procedure from the Medicare Summary Notice. It states that I was given 0.1mg of the injection for which the hospital charged $456. That figures out to be $133.8 million per ounce (0.1 x 10 = 1mg x1000 = $456,000 per gram x 30 0 = $133.8 million per ounce) It would be interesting to know how much the hospital really paid for this 0.1mg. and how much it really costs the manufacturer to make this small dose."

RDANDY (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2013

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "I had this test today. I did feel somewhat dizzy and flushed but for only a couple of seconds, I did get a headache that did not go away so they gave me the antidote and it went away almost right away. It was not as bad as I had expected. The only thing I am wondering about is later in the day I became very nauseated not sure if this was from the medicine."

Anonymous May 17, 2012

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "Had it used for a stress test at local VA Medical Center. Had mild chest discomfort, mild discomfort in both legs, and raised pulse. Not as bad as expected, no nausea or other side effects. Do not worry if you are asked to have stress test using it."

jjmitchell60 October 21, 2011

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "I took the Lexiscan stress test yesterday. The hardest part of the test was lying still for 45 min. The chemical was injected during the last 10min and I felt no real side effects. I had a slight taste in my mouth for maybe 20 seconds and I noticed that my heart rate increased. After a couple of minutes my heart started slowing and after the 10min period, I felt normal. If you are scheduled for the test, stop worrying, it's not that bad. Don't stress out from all the horror stories you read on the Internet."

Rellimmelc February 15, 2011

Lexiscan (regadenoson) for Diagnosis and Investigation: "I had a stress test done. The medicine does what it says it does. The only side effect I had was a headache. "

Anonymous December 2, 2010