GlucaGen Side Effects
Generic Name: glucagon
Note: This document contains side effect information about glucagon. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name GlucaGen.
For the Consumer
Applies to glucagon: injection powder for solution
Along with its needed effects, glucagon (the active ingredient contained in GlucaGen) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking glucagon:
- blurred vision
- cold sweats
- cool, pale skin
- fast heartbeat
- increased hunger
- slurred speech
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Incidence Not Known
- Difficulty with swallowing
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- hives, itching, or skin rash
- pounding in the ears
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- slow or fast heartbeat
- tightness in the chest
Some side effects of glucagon may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to glucagon: injectable powder for injection
1. "Product Information. Glucagon (glucagon)." Lilly, Eli and Company, Indianapolis, IN.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about GlucaGen (glucagon)
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- Drug class: glucose elevating agents
- FDA Alerts (1)
- GlucaGen HypoKit
- GlucaGen Diagnostic
- Glucagen (Advanced Reading)
- Glucagen Diagnostic Kit (Advanced Reading)