Cysview Side Effects
Generic name: hexaminolevulinate
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 29, 2020.
Note: This document contains side effect information about hexaminolevulinate. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Cysview.
For the Consumer
Applies to hexaminolevulinate: urinary bladder powder for solution
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, hexaminolevulinate (the active ingredient contained in Cysview) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking hexaminolevulinate:
- Blood in the urine
- burning sensation while urinating
- difficult or painful urination
- frequent urge to urinate
- lower stomach pain or spasm
Incidence not known
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- difficulty with breathing or swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- hives, itching, skin rash
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- reddening of the skin, especially around the ears
- tightness in the chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to hexaminolevulinate: intravesical powder for reconstitution
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): White blood cell count increased, anemia[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Hypersensitivity reaction, anaphylactoid shock[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Gout[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Urethral pain, pollakiuria, micturition urgency, urinary tract disorder, balanitis, cystitis, urinary tract infection
Postmarketing reports: Abnormal urinalysis[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Increased serum bilirubin, hepatic enzyme increased[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Pyrexia, post-procedural pain, post-operative fever[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Cysview (hexaminolevulinate)." Photocure Inc, Princeton, NJ.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
More about Cysview (hexaminolevulinate)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- Drug class: malignancy photosensitizers
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.