BPO Foaming Cloths Side Effects
Generic Name: benzoyl peroxide topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about benzoyl peroxide topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name BPO Foaming Cloths.
For the Consumer
Applies to benzoyl peroxide topical: topical bar, topical cream, topical foam, topical gel/jelly, topical liquid, topical lotion, topical pad, topical soap, topical solution
Along with its needed effects, benzoyl peroxide topical (the active ingredient contained in BPO Foaming Cloths) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking benzoyl peroxide topical:
Less common or rare
- Painful irritation of skin, including burning, blistering, crusting, itching, severe redness, or swelling
- skin rash
Incidence Not Known
- Difficult breathing
- swelling of the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- tightness in the throat
Get emergency help immediately if any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking benzoyl peroxide topical:
Symptoms of Overdose
- Burning, itching, scaling, redness, or swelling of skin (severe)
Some side effects of benzoyl peroxide topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Dryness or peeling of the skin (may occur after a few days)
- feeling of warmth, mild stinging, and redness of the skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to benzoyl peroxide topical: compounding powder, topical bar, topical cream, topical foam, topical gel, topical kit, topical liquid, topical lotion, topical pad, topical soap
Very common (10% or more): Peeling, application site erythema
Common (1% to 10%): Dryness, pruritus, contact sensitization reactions
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Burning sensation
The most commonly reported side effects were peeling and application site erythema.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Swelling of the face[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Triaz (benzoyl peroxide topical)." Medicis Dermatatologics Inc, Phoenix, AZ.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about BPO Foaming Cloths (benzoyl peroxide topical)
- BPO Foaming Cloths Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: topical acne agents