Desenfriol-D by Salimex, S.A.
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 0.002g in 1g, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 0.005g in 1g, ACETAMINOPHEN 0.5g in 1g
Labeler: Salimex, S.A.
NDC Code: 53666-417
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2.0 mg
PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5.0 mg
ACETAMINOPHEN 500 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms of hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- sinus congestion and pressure
- nasal congestion
- runny nose and sneezing
- minor aches and pains
- temporarily relieves these additional symptoms of hay fever:
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
- helps clear nasal passages
- helps decongest sinus openings and passages
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
- If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- to make a child sleepy
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
These could be signs of a serious condition.otc
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 caplets every 4-6 hours
- swallow whole – do not crush, chew or dissolve
- do not take more than 10 caplets in 24 hours
children under 12 years
- ask a doctor
anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, D&C red #33, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red 40, flavors, glycerin, microrocrystalline cellulose, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucrose, xanthan gum
chlorpheniramine maleate, phenylephrine hydrochloride, acetaminophen tablet
|Labeler - Salimex, S.A. (589201581)|
|Registrant - Salimex, S.A. (589201581)|
|Bayer de México, S.A. de C.V.||588165709||manufacture(53666-417)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.