Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 14, 2021.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: COAL TAR 23mg in 1mL
Labeler: TriStrata, Inc.
NDC Code: 71377-0001
Coal Tar 2.3% (from Coal Tar Topical Solution, USP 15%)
Helps eliminate and prevent recurrence of these symptoms due to psoriasis:
- skin irritation
For external use only
Flammable. Keep away from heat or flame.
- for prolonged periods
- if condition covers a large area of the body
- in or around the rectum or in the genital area or groin
- with other forms of psoriasis therapy such as ultraviolet radiation or prescription drugs
- on children under 2 years of age
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
- use caution in exposing skin to sunlight after applying this product. It may increase your tendency to sunburn for up to 24 hours after application.
- use a sunscreen (minimum SPF 15)
Stop and ask a doctor if rash or irritation develops, or if condition worsens or does not improve after regular use of this product as directed.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
- Read warnings before use
- Use only as directed
- Apply to scalp and/or skin one to two times daily or as directed by a doctor. If use on scalp is desired, test in a small, discrete spot first to make sure solution will not discolor hair.
- Invert bottle and gently dab onto affected skin to start the flow of medication. Application pad may already be wet upon initial opening.
- Apply just enough medication to wet the skin and avoid dripping
- Avoid applying to severely cracked or irritated areas
- Allow solution to fully dry before dressing to avoid staining clothing.
- Do not rinse off treated skin
- Cap bottle tightly after use
This product can expose you to coal tar, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.p65Warnings.ca.gov/product
Alcohol Denat., Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dioctyldodecyl Dodecanedioate, Oleth-2, Parfum (Fragrance), Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Triethyl Citrate.
Store upright at 15°-30°C (59°-86°F). Keep away from extreme heat, cold, and direct sunlight. Do not bring on an airplane, as leakage may occur in luggage. If the applicator becomes dirty or clogged, gently wipe with an alcohol pad. May stain your skin, hair, nails, clothing, and other household surfaces that come in contact with the medication. As with all topical medications, wash your hands after each application.
Call toll free 1-800-628-9904 (9am-5pm ET)
coal tar liquid
|Labeler - TriStrata, Inc. (809571029)|
|Cosmetic Essence, LLC||032565959||MANUFACTURE(71377-0001)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about coal tar topical
- Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 23 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous topical agents
- Patient Information
- Coal tar Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Coal Tar Cream, Gel, and Ointment
- Coal Tar Foam
- Coal Tar Lotion
- Coal Tar Shampoo