Cough and Cold
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on July 22, 2020.
Dosage form: tablet, coated
Ingredients: CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 4mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 30mg
Labeler: Major Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0904-6634
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- temporarily relieves runny nose and sneezing due to the common cold
if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- cough that occurs with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
persistent cough lasts for more than one week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- do not exceed recommended dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: 1 tablet every 6 hours, not more than 4 tablets in 24 hours.
- children under 12 years: do not use
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
croscarmellose sodium, D&C red #27 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, lactose anhydrous, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Compare to the active ingredients in Coricidin® HBP Cough & Cold*
Cold Relief for people with High Blood Pressure
Chlorpheniramine maleate - Antihistamine
Dextromethorphan HBr - Cough Suppressant
• Cough • Runny Nose • Sneezing
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer HealthCare LLC, owner of the registered trademark Coricidin® HBP COUGH & COLD.
|COUGH AND COLD
chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hbr tablet, coated
|Labeler - Major Pharmaceuticals (191427277)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(0904-6634)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||PACK(0904-6634)|
More about chlorpheniramine / dextromethorphan
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 12 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (1)
- Chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan
- Dextromethorphan and Chlorpheniramine Chewable Tablets
- Dextromethorphan and Chlorpheniramine Tablets
- Dextromethorphan and Chlorpheniramine Liquid and Syrup