Proactiv MD Adapalene Acne Treatment
Medically reviewed on August 10, 2017
Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: Adapalene 0.1g in 100g
Labeler: The Proactiv Company, LLC
NDC Code: 11410-956
Adapalene 0.1% (retinoid)
- read consumer information leaflet
- For the treatment of acne
For external use only
- on damaged skin (cuts, abrasions, eczema, sunburn)
- if you are allergic to adapalene or any of the ingredients in this product.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a doctor before use.
- limit sun exposure, including light from tanning beds, and use sunscreen when going outdoors
- do not wax to remove hair in areas where the product has been applied
- during the early weeks of use, your acne may appear to worsen before it improves (this is normal); continue using as directed, unless you get irritation that becomes severe
- irritation (redness, itching, dryness, burning) is more likely to occur:
- in the first few weeks of use
- if using more than one topical acne medication at a time
- but irritation usually lessens with continued use of this product
- it may take up to 3 months of once daily use to see results
- avoid product contact with eyes, lips, and mouth. If contact occurs, immediately flush the area with water.
- wash hands after use
- you become pregnant, or are planning to become pregnant, while using the product
- you have symptoms of an allergic reaction (such as itching, rash, hives, swelling of the lips, eyelids, and shortness of breath)
- irritation becomes severe
- you see no improvement after 3 months of once daily use
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Adults and children 12 years of age and older:
- use once daily
- clean the skin gently and pat dry before applying the product
- cover the entire affected area with a thin layer. For example, if your acne is on the face, apply the product to the entire face.
- do not use more than one time a day. Applying more than directed will not provide faster or better results, but may worsen skin irritation.
Children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- store at room temperature 68°- 77°F
- protect from freezing
carbomer 940, edetate disodium, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, propylene glycol, purified water and sodium hydroxide. May contain hydrochloric acid to adjust pH.
Distributed by The Proactiv Company LLC
100 N Sepulveda Blvd., El Segundo, CA 90245
ADAPALENE GEL 0.1%
Topical Retinoid* for
Only By Prescription
Developed and Tested
*Read carton and enclosed consumer
information leaflet before using
this product. Keep this carton and
consumer information leaflet.
They contain important information.
NET WT 0.5 OZ (15 g)
|PROACTIV MD ADAPALENE
|Labeler - The Proactiv Company, LLC (080216357)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.