Severe Cold and Flu Relief by CVS Pharmacy
Medically reviewed on Jun 8, 2018
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, GUAIFENESIN 200mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 69842-503
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Guaifenesin 200 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- liver disease
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- high blood pressure
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
do not exceed recommended dosage.
- new symptoms occur
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash, or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 caplets every 4 hours
- swallow whole - do not crush, chew, or dissolve
- do not take more than 10 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
corn starch, crospovidone, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, flavor, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, sucralose, talc, titanium dioxide
♥ CVS Health™
Compare to the active ingredients in
Tylenol® COLD + FLU SEVERE*
Severe Cold & Flu Relief
ACETAMINOPHEN - Pain reliever/Fever reducer
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr - Cough suppressant
GUAIFENESIN - Expectorant
PHENYLEPHRINE HCl - Nasal decongestant
Sore throat, Nasal congestion,
Cough, Mucus & Chest congestion
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE
IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF
BLISTER UNIT IS TORN,
BROKEN OR SHOWS
ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Johnson & Johnson Corporation, owner of the registered trademark Tylenol® COLD + FLU
SEVERE. 50844 REV0316B50308
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2018 CVS/pharmacy CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS
Money Back Guarantee
|SEVERE COLD AND FLU RELIEF
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl tablet, film coated
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(69842-503)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867837||PACK(69842-503)|