CVS - Childrens Stuffy Nose and Cold
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 19, 2021.
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
NDC Code: 59779-454
Active ingredients (in each 5 mL (1 tsp) dose)
Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 2.5 mg
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- nasal congestion due to a cold
- stuffy nose
Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product. Avoid foods or beverages that contain caffeine.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- Do not use more than directed
- your child gets nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or occur with fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache.
These could be signs of a serious illness.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- mL= milliliter; tsp = teaspoon
|Children 6 years to 12 years||10 mL (2 tsp) orally every 4 hours, not to exceed 6 doses in 24 hours
|Children 4 years to 6 years||5 mL (1 tsp) orally every 4 hours, not to exceed 6 doses in 24 hours
|Children under 4 years||do not use unless directed by a doctor
- each 5 mL contains: sodium 3 mg
- tamper evident: do not use if printed seal under cap is torn or missing
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not refrigerate
- dosing cup provided
- see bottom panel for lot number and expiration date
anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, propylene glycol, propyl gallate, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum.
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive,
Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2018 CVS/pharmacy
CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS
Product of India V-32402
Compare to the
active ingredients in
Stuffy Nose & Cold*
Each 5 mL (1 tsp) dose of oral
GUAIFENESIN, USP 100 mg
PHENYLEPHRINE HCl, USP 2.5 mg
• Stuffy Nose
• Chest congestion
• Breaks up mucus
For Ages 4+
Mixed Berry Flavor Syrup
Dosage cup included
Actual Bottle Size on Side Panel
|CVS - CHILDRENS STUFFY NOSE AND COLD
guaifenesin and phenylephrine hydrochloride solution
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (062312574)|
|Registrant - Aurohealth LLC (078728447)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about guaifenesin / phenylephrine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 14 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Patient Information
- Guaifenesin and Phenylephrine Drops
- Guaifenesin and Phenylephrine Liquid
- Guaifenesin and Phenylephrine Tablets