WinCo Foods Maximum Strength Oral Analgesic
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 3, 2020.
Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: BENZOCAINE 200mg in 1g
Labeler: WinCo Foods, LLC
NDC Code: 67091-198
Active ingredient Purpose
Benzocaine 20%........................................................... Oral pain reliever
For the temporary relief of pain due to:
- canker sores
- gum pain
- denture pain
- cheek bites
Methemoglobinemia warning: Use of this product may cause methemoglobinemia, a serious condition that must be treated promptly because it reduces the amount of oxygen carried in blood. This can occur even if you have used this product before. Stop use and seek immediate medical attention if you or a child in your care develops:
- pale, gray, or blue colored skin (cyanosis)
- rapid heart rate
- shortness of breath
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- fatigue or lack of energy
Allery Alert: do not use this product if your child has a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics.
Do not use
- more than directed
- for more than 7 days unless directed by a doctor
- for teething
- in children under 2 years of age
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- irritation, pain or redness does not go away
- swelling, rash or fever develops
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- Adults and children 2 years of age and older: Remove cap and cut tip of tube. Apply a small amount of product to the cavity and around gum surrounding the teeth. Use up to 4 times daily or as directed by a dentist or doctor.
- Children under 12 years of age: Should be supervised in the use of this product.
- Children under 2 years of age: Do not use.
- store at room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- this preparation is intended for use in cases of toothache, only as a temporary expedient until a dentist or doctor can be consulted. Do not use continuously.
glycerin, peppermint oil, polyethylene glycol 400, polyethylene glycol 4000, saccharin sodium, sorbitol
WINCO FOODS, LLC
BOISE, ID 83704
MADE IN CHINA
|WINCO FOODS MAXIMUM STRENGTH ORAL ANALGESIC
|Labeler - WinCo Foods, LLC (056098817)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about benzocaine topical
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- En Español
- 30 Reviews
- Drug class: topical anesthetics
- Drug Information
- Benzocaine Oral, Oromucosal (Advanced Reading)
- Benzocaine Topical application (Advanced Reading)
- Benzocaine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Benzocaine Lozenges