Low Dose Aspirin 81 mg Safety Coated
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 24, 2019.
Dosage form: tablet, delayed release
Ingredients: ASPIRIN 81mg
Labeler: Family Dollar (FAMILY WELLNESS)
NDC Code: 55319-227
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti- inflammatory drug
- for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains as recommended by your doctor. Because of its delayed action, this product will not provide fast relief of headaches or other symptoms needing immediate relief.
- ask your doctor about other uses for safety coated 81 mg aspirin
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not
use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these
symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
you have asthma
you are taking a diuretic
taking a prescription drug for:
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- new symptoms occur
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours not to exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- store at controlled room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
anhydrous lactose**, black iron oxide**, brown iron oxide**, croscarmellose sodium**, D&C yellow #10, FD&C yellow #6**, hypromellose**, methacrylic acid copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, mineral oil**, polysorbate 80**, potassium hydroxide**, pregelatinized starch**, propylene glycol**, purified water**, shellac**, silicon dioxide, simethicone**, sodium bicarbonate**, sodium hydroxide**, sodium lauryl sulfate**, stearic acid**, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate, yellow iron oxide**
**contains one or more of these ingredients
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to the active ingredient of BAYER® Low Dose Aspirin†
Low Dose Aspirin 81 mg
Pain Reliever (NSAID)
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer HealthCare LLC, owner of the registered trademark Bayer® Low Dose Aspirin.
≠Aspirin is not appropriate for everyone, so be sure you talk to your doctor before you begin an aspirin regimen.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
FAMILY DOLLAR SERVICES, INC.,
10401 MONROE RD
MATTHEWS, NC 28105 USA
|LOW DOSE ASPIRIN 81 MG
aspirin tablet, delayed release
|Labeler - Family Dollar (FAMILY WELLNESS) (024472631)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about aspirin
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- 41 Reviews
- Drug class: platelet aggregation inhibitors
- Patient Information
- Aspirin rectal
- Aspirin (Advanced Reading)
- Aspirin Chewable Tablets
- Aspirin Enteric-Coated and Buffered Tablets