Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 9, 2019.
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg
Labeler: Medline Industries, Inc.
NDC Code: 53329-641
Acetaminophen USP, 500 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- minor pain of arthritis
- muscular aches
- the common cold
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 6 tables (3,000 mg) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
- rash if a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- or more than 10 days for pain unless directed by a doctor ■ for more than 3 days for fever unless directed by a doctor
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product.
If you are taking blood thinning drug warafin
- symptoms do not improve
- or fever persists or gets worse
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning. Overdose warning Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
Adults and children 12 years and over
▪ take 2 caplets every 6 hours while symptoms last
Children under 12 years:
▪ ask a doctor
- store at room temperature
- Do not use if imprinted safety seal under cap is broken or missing
Povidone, Pregelatinzed Starch, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Searic Acid.
If you have any questions or comments, or to report an adverse event, please contact 1-800-MEDLINE (633-5463)
|Labeler - Medline Industries, Inc. (025460908)|
|Gemini Pharmaceuticals, Inc. dba Plus Pharma||055942270||manufacture(53329-641)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about acetaminophen
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- 85 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- Patient Information
- Acetaminophen injection
- Acetaminophen rectal
- Acetaminophen Intravenous (Advanced Reading)
- Acetaminophen Oral, Rectal (Advanced Reading)