AKNETROL Acne Treatment
Medically reviewed on Jun 5, 2017
Dosage form: lotion
Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide 100mg in 1mL
Labeler: ZO Skin Health, Inc.
NDC Code: 42851-070
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Benzoyl Peroxide 10%
For the treatment of acne.
For external use only.
Do not use if you
- have very sensitive skin.
- are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide.
- Skin irritation and dryness are more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen.
- Avoid contact with eyes, lips, and mouth.
- Avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product.
- Skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possible swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
Stop and ask a doctor if irritation becomes severe.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
Sensitivity Test for a New User. Apply product sparingly to one or two small affected areas during the first three days of use. If no discomfort occurs, follow the directions stated below:
- Cleanse skin thoroughly before applying Aknetrol™.
- Apply thin layer on affected area twice a day or as directed by a physician. Rub until vanished.
- Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two times daily if needed or as directed by your doctor.
- If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once every other day.
- If going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of product and consult a physician.
Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-6 Isostearate, PEG-8, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Pinus Strobus Bark Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Carbomer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide.
- Protect the product in this container from excessive heat and direct sunlight.
- You may report a serious adverse reaction to: 1 Technology Dr. B123, Irvine, CA 92618
ZO Skin Health, Inc. Irvine, CA 92618
|AKNETROL ACNE TREATMENT
benzoyl peroxide lotion
|Labeler - ZO Skin Health, Inc. (826468527)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.