Iodent Maximum Strength Oral Analgesic
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 11, 2020.
Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: BENZOCAINE 20g in 100g
Labeler: United Exchange Corp
NDC Code: 65923-010
Active ingredient Purpose
Benzocaine 20%...............................................Oral pain reliever
Uses temporarily relieves pain due to toothache, canker sores, cold sores, fever blisters, minor irritation of the mouth and gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances
Warnings Allergy alert: do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics
Do not use
- more than directed
- for more than 7 days unless directed by a doctor/dentist
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- swelling, rash, or fever develops
- irritation, pain, or redness persists or worsens
- symptoms do not improve in 7 days
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose or allergic reaction, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away
- remove cap and cut tip of tube on score mark
- adults and children 2 years of age and older: apply a small amount of Oral Analgesic Gel to the cavity and around gum surrounding the teeth. Use up to 4 times daily or as directed by a doctor or dentist.
- children under 12 years of age: should be supervised in the use of this product
- children under 2 years of age: ask a doctor/dentist
- store at 15° to 25°C (59° to 77°F)
- do not use if tube tip is cut prior to opening
- This preparation is intended for use in cases of toothaches, only as a temporary expedient until a dentist can be consulted.
- Do not use continuously
- Lot No. and Exp Date: see box or see crimp of tube
Inactive ingredients flavor mint, glycerin, polyethylene glycol 400, polyethylene glycol 4000, saccharin sodium, sorbitol
United Exchange Corp.
17211 Valley View Ave.
Cerritos, CA 90703 USA
|IODENT MAXIMUM STRENGTH ORAL ANALGESIC
|Labeler - United Exchange Corp (840130579)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about benzocaine topical
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- En Español
- 29 Reviews
- Drug class: topical anesthetics
- Patient Information
- Benzocaine Oral, Oromucosal (Advanced Reading)
- Benzocaine Topical application (Advanced Reading)
- Benzocaine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Benzocaine Lozenges