Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 14, 2020.
Dosage form: tablet, chewable
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg
Labeler: First Aid Direct
NDC Code: 53117-046
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg (each tablet contains 102 mg salicylate)
- controls diarrhea
- relieves heartburn, indigestion, nausea and upset stomach without constipating
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- bloody or black stool
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- are taking any drug for anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, contact a doctor or Poison Control Center immediately.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
Adults and Children 12 years and over: 525 mg (2 tablets) every ½ to 1 hour or 1050 mg (4 tablets) every hour as needed
- do not exceed 4200 mg ( 16 tablets) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- Children under 12 years: ask a doctor
aspartame, calcium carbonate, , D&C red #27, dextrates, flavor, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide
bismuth subsalicylate tablet, chewable
|Labeler - First Aid Direct (962283128)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about bismuth subsalicylate
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 26 Reviews
- Drug class: antidiarrheals
- Patient Information
- Bismuth subsalicylate (Advanced Reading)
- Bismuth Subsalicylate Chewable Tablets
- Bismuth Subsalicylate Suspension
- Bismuth Subsalicylate Tablets