NyQuil Cold and Flu
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 325mg, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 15mg, Doxylamine succinate 6.25mg
Labeler: Lil' Drug Store Products, Inc.
NDC Code: 66715-9713
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Cold & Flu
|Active ingredients (in each LiquiCap)||Purpose|
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Doxylamine succinate 6.25 mg||Antihistamine|
temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- runny nose and sneezing
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
If sore throat is severe, lasts for more than 2 days, occurs with or is followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, see a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- to make a child sleep
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than directed can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults and for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- take only as directed - see Overdose warning
- do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hours
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 LiquiCaps with water every 6 hours|
|children 4 to under 12 years||ask a doctor|
|children under 4 years||do not use|
- when using other DayQuil® or NyQuil products, carefully read each label to insure correct dosing
- store at room temperature
D&C Yellow No. 10, FD&C Blue No. 1, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol special, titanium dioxide
PRODUCT REPACKAGED AND DISTRIBUTED WITH
PERMISSION OF MANUFACTURER BY:
LIL' DRUG STORE PRODUCTS, INC., 1201 CONTINENTAL PLACE NE
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA 52402
COLD AND FLU
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and doxylamine succinate capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Lil' Drug Store Products, Inc. (093103646)|
Medically reviewed on Dec 13, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.