Histenol Forte II
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg, ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, GUAIFENESIN 100mg
Labeler: Zee Medical Inc
NDC code: 35418-111
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 21, 2022.
Active Ingredient (in each tablet) Acetaminophen 325 mg, Phenylephrine HCL-5 mg, Guaifenesin-100 mg
Purpose-Pain reliever, Expectorant,Nasal Decongestant
temporarily relieves the following cold and flu symptoms:
- nasal and sinus congestion
- minor aches and pains
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
adults: take 2 tablets every 4 hours, not more than 12 tablets in 24 hours
children under 12 years: ask a doctor
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 12 tablets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Do not use:
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- liver disease
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- cough comes back or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
If pregnant or breast-feeding baby, ask a health professional
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. In case of overdose,
get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for
children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
FDC red 40, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, silica, sodium starch glycolate, starch, stearic acid
|HISTENOL FORTE II
phenylephrine hcl, acetaminophen, guaifenesin tablet
|Labeler - Zee Medical Inc (009645623)|
|Registrant - Ultra Seal Corporation (085752004)|
|Ultratab Laboratories, Inc.||151051757||manufacture(35418-111)|
|Ultra Seal Corporation||085752004||repack(35418-111)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.