Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 15, 2021.
Dosage form: suppository
Ingredients: BISACODYL 10mg
NDC Code: 0904-5058
Bisacodyl USP 10 mg
- for temporary relief of occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 15 minutes to 1 hour
- For rectal use only
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
When using this product it may cause abdominal discomfort, faintness, rectal burning and mild cramps
- you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||1 suppository in a single daily dose. Peel open plastic wrapper. Insert suppository well into rectum, pointed end first. Retain about 15 to 20 minutes.|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||1/2 suppository in a single daily dose|
|children under 6 years of age||Do not use|
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- Lot No. & Exp. Date: see wrapper or box
hydrogenated vegetable oil
MAJOR ® PHARMACEUTICALS
17177 N Laurel Park Drive, Suite 233
Livonia, MI 48152 USA
|Labeler - Major (191427277)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about bisacodyl
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1414 Reviews
- Drug class: laxatives