Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: benzocaine 200mg in 1g
Labeler: Cintas First Aid & Safety
NDC Code: 68421-8100
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Benzocaine 20% (w/w)
For temporary relief of minor pain and sore mouth associated with toothache, minor dental procedures and irritations from dentures or orthodontic appliances.
For oral use only
Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anaesthetics, such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine, or other “caine” anaesthetics due to the possibility of anaphylactic shock.
Do not use for more than 7 days unless directed by a dentist or doctor. If sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days; if irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens; or if swelling, rash, fever or other allergic reaction develops, see your doctor or dentist promptly. Do not exceed recommended dosage.
If more than used for pain relief and protection is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Adults and children 2 years and older: dry affected area and apply medication undiluted; Use up to 4 times daily, but not more than every two hours, or as directed by a dentist or doctor
- Consult a dentist or doctor for use on children under 2 years of age
- Children under 12 years of should be supervised in the use of this product
- Do not use if packet is torn, cut or opened
- Store at room temperature, 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F)
- Avoid contact with eyes
PEG 400, PEG 3350, peppermint oil, sodium saccharin, sorbic acid
Active ingredients: Benzocaine (20%), Compound benzoin tincture
USES: Temporarily relieves pain due to canker sores, minor irritation of
the mouth and gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances,
or minor mouth and gum injuries.
Do not use if packet is torn or broken
NET WT 0.5g
|Labeler - Cintas First Aid & Safety (056481716)|
|Registrant - Safetec of America, Inc. (874965262)|
|Safetec Of America, Inc.||874965262||MANUFACTURE(68421-8100)|
Medically reviewed on Feb 27, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about benzocaine topical
- Benzocaine topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- En Español
- 17 Reviews
- Drug class: topical anesthetics
- FDA Alerts (4)
- Benzocaine topical
- Benzocaine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Benzocaine Lozenges
- Benzocaine Oral Cream, Gel, Liquid, and Ointment
- Benzocaine Oral Spray
- ... +8 more