Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 14, 2019.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BROMPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Larken Laboratories, Inc.
NDC Code: 68047-129
(In each 5 mL teaspoonful)
Brompheniramine Maleate, USP 2 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 5 mg
Brompheniramine Maleate Antihistamine
Dextromethorphan HBr Antitussive (cough suppressant)
Phenylephrine HCl Nasal decongestant
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis):
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- Temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies, or associated with sinusitis.
- Temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
Do not use
- to sedate a child or make a child sleepy
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this drug.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- a cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- taking any other nasal decongestant or stimulant
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur.
- cough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Do not exceed 6 doses in a 24-hour period
|Adults and children over 12 years of age||2 teaspoonsful (10 mL) every 4 hours|
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age||1 teaspoonful (5 mL) every 4 hours|
|Children under 6 years of age||Ask your doctor|
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- very low sodium, contains 1 mg sodium per teaspoonful (5 mL)
Benzoic acid, edetate disodium, FD&C Red #40, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sorbitol solution, and strawberry flavoring
Call 1-888-527-5522 weekdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm CST or go to http://www.larkenlabs.com.
brompheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide and phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - Larken Laboratories, Inc. (149484540)|
|Registrant - Larken Laboratories, Inc. (149484540)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about brompheniramine / dextromethorphan / phenylephrine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- 6 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (1)
- Other brands
- Dimetapp Children's Cold & Cough, Rynex DM, Cold & Cough Childrens, AP-Hist DM, ... +14 more