Medically reviewed on December 28, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10mg in 5mL, Guaifenesin 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Geri-Care Pharmaceuticals, Corp
NDC Code: 57896-756
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Guaifenesin (100 mg in each teaspoonful (5 mL))
Dextromethorphan HBr (10 mg in each teaspoonful (5 mL))
Dextromethorphan HBr .....................Cough Suppressant
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus)
- helps thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you
- a cough with too much phlegm (mucus) that lasts or occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic
bronchitis, or emphysema
- a chronic cough that lasts such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or accompanied by fever, rash, or
headaches that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take every 4 hours as needed, or as directed by a doctor
- do not take more than 6 doses in 24 hours
- do not exceed recommended dose
|Adult and children 12 years and over||2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL)
|Children under 12 years||Do not use
store at room temperature between 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY NECK BAND IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
citric acid, strawberry flavor, glycerin, menthol, methylparaben, propylene glycol, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, water.
GERI-CARE PHARMACEUTICALS CORP.
1650 63rd Street
Brooklyn, NY 11204 USA
dextromethorphan hydrobromide and guaifenesin liquid
|Labeler - Geri-Care Pharmaceuticals, Corp (611196254)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about dextromethorphan/guaifenesin
- Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 15 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Dextromethorphan and guaifenesin
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Capsules and Tablets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Extended-Release Tablets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Granule Packets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Liquid