MEDIQUE Back Pain Off
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: MAGNESIUM SALICYLATE 290mg, CAFFEINE 50mg, ACETAMINOPHEN 250mg
Labeler: Unifirst First Aid Corporation
NDC code: 47682-073
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Mar 7, 2023.
Acetaminophen 250 mg
Caffeine 50 mg
Magnesium Salicylate (NSAID*) 290 mg
magnesium (total) 19 mg
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
Pain reliever aid
For the temporary relief of minor aches and pains associated with
- back pain
- muscular aches
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Salicylates (NSAIDs) may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
■ hives ■ facial swelling ■ asthma (wheezing) ■ shock
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
■ skin reddening ■ blisters ■ rash
If a skin or allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Caffeine warning: The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heart beat.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- for pain for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor
- for fever for more than 3 days unless directed by a doctor
- if you ever have had an allergic reaction to any other pain relievers/ fever reducers
- right before or after heart surgery
- if you are taking prescription drugs for gout, diabetes, or arthritis
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have a history of stomach problems such as heartburn
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- under a doctor's care for any serious condition
- taking any other drug
- take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- symptoms do not improve
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appears
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health care professional before use. It is especially important not to use salicylates (NSAIDs) during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed
Adults and children (12 years and older): Take 2 tablets with water every 6 hours while symptoms persist. Do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours.
Children under 12 years: Do not give to children under 12 years of age.
- each dose contains 38mg of magnesium
- read all product information before using
- store at room temperature 59º-86ºF (15º-30ºC)
- avoid excessive heat and humidity
- tamper evident sealed packets
- do not use any opened or torn packets
hypromellose, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, sodium starch glycolate, starch, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
Back Pain Relief
This Package is for Households without Young Children.
Pull to Open
Aches, Fevers • Acetaminophen 250 mg
Pain Reliever Aid • Caffeine50 mg
Pain Relief • Magnesium Salicylate (NSAID) 290 mg,
(100 x 2)
Tamper Evident Unit Dose Packets
|MEDIQUE BACK PAIN OFF
magnesium salicylate/acetaminophen/caffeine tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Unifirst First Aid Corporation (832947092)|
|Prestige Packaging||170837962||repack(47682-073), relabel(47682-073)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.