Dosage form: paste, dentifrice
Ingredients: Benzocaine 200mg in 1g
Labeler: Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
NDC Code: 0126-0065
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
ORAL PAIN RELIEVER
Oral pain reliever
for the temporary relief of pain associated with canker sores, due to minor irritation or injury of the mouth and gums, or due to minor irritation of the mouth and gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances
Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics
Do not use
- for more than 7 days unless directed by a dentist or physician
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- avoid contact with eyes
- localized allergic reactions may occur after prolonged or repeated use
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- swelling, rash or fever develops
- irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens
Keep out of reach of children. If more than used for pain relief is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- adults and children 2 years and older: gently dab paste on the site of irritation with a cotton swab or fingertip
- allow to remain in place at least 1 minute and then spit out
- use up to 4 times daily or as directed by a dentist or physician
- children under 12 years of age should be supervised in the use of the product
- children under 2 years of age: consult a dentist or physician
store at controlled room temperature, 68-77°F (20-25°C)
butylparaben, cellulose gum, ethylparaben, flavor, methylparaben, mineral oil, pectin, polyethylene, propylparaben, xanthan gum
benzocaine paste, dentifrice
|Labeler - Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (055002195)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.