The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Dosage form: paste, dentifrice
Ingredients: Benzocaine 200mg in 1g
Labeler: Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
NDC Code: 0126-0065
ORAL PAIN RELIEVER
Oral pain reliever
for the temporary relief of pain associated with canker sores, due to minor irritation or injury of the mouth and gums, or due to minor irritation of the mouth and gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances
Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics
Do not use
- for more than 7 days unless directed by a dentist or physician
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- avoid contact with eyes
- localized allergic reactions may occur after prolonged or repeated use
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- swelling, rash or fever develops
- irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens
Keep out of reach of children. If more than used for pain relief is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- adults and children 2 years and older: gently dab paste on the site of irritation with a cotton swab or fingertip
- allow to remain in place at least 1 minute and then spit out
- use up to 4 times daily or as directed by a dentist or physician
- children under 12 years of age should be supervised in the use of the product
- children under 2 years of age: consult a dentist or physician
store at controlled room temperature, 68-77°F (20-25°C)
butylparaben, cellulose gum, ethylparaben, flavor, methylparaben, mineral oil, pectin, polyethylene, propylparaben, xanthan gum
benzocaine paste, dentifrice
|Labeler - Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (055002195)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.