IndiplonTreatment for Insomnia
Neurocrine Receives Approvable Letter for indiplon Capsules and Non-Approvable for indiplon Tablets for the Treatment of Insomnia
SAN DIEGO, May 16, 2006 -- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. announced today that the Company has received communication from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) indicating that the agency has determined that indiplon 5 mg and 10 mg capsules are approvable and the 15 mg XR tablets are not approvable at this time. The FDA indicated that they did not have an opportunity to review all of the information submitted during the NDA review cycles. The Company will accept FDA's offer to discuss the applications via a meeting or telephone conference in order to clarify and determine the next steps required to move indiplon towards full approval.
"While we are disappointed in the FDA action, we will move forward expeditiously to address FDA's outstanding questions regarding the applications," said Gary A. Lyons, President and CEO of Neurocrine. "We are heartened by the approvable action for indiplon capsules and are dedicated to working with the Agency to expedite response to the action letters."
Source: Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
Posted: May 2006
- Neurocrine Receives Approvable Letter for Indiplon Capsules with Additional Safety and Efficacy Data Required by FDA - December 13, 2007
- Neurocrine Announces PDUFA Action Date of December 12, 2007 for Indiplon Capsules - August 22, 2007
- Neurocrine Announces Resubmission of New Drug Application for Indiplon Capsules - June 13, 2007
- Neurocrine Reports Results of FDA End-of-Review Meeting on Indiplon Capsules NDA - September 5, 2006
- Neurocrine Completes Review of Indiplon Action Letters - June 15, 2006
- Neurocrine Announces Acceptance of New Drug Application for Indiplon Tablets - July 26, 2005
- Neurocrine Announces Acceptance of New Drug Application for Indiplon Capsules - June 14, 2005
- Neurocrine Announces Submission of New Drug Application for Indiplon Tablets - May 26, 2005
- Neurocrine Announces Submission of New Drug Application for Indiplon Capsules - April 14, 2005
- Neurocrine Biosciences Announces Resubmission Status of Indiplon - February 7, 2005
- Neurocrine Biosciences Announces Plans to Resubmit Indiplon Modified Release New Drug Application (NDA) - January 11, 2005
- Indiplon IR NDA (New Drug Application) to Be Reformatted Due to Difficulties in Accessing Portions of the Electronic NDA - December 21, 2004
- Neurocrine Submits New Drug Application (NDA) for Indiplon Modified Release Tablets for the Treatment of Insomnia - November 22, 2004
- Neurocrine Submits New Drug Application (NDA) for Indiplon Immediate Release Capsules for the Treatment of Insomnia - October 19, 2004
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.