IndiplonTreatment for Insomnia
Neurocrine Announces PDUFA Action Date of December 12, 2007 for Indiplon Capsules
SAN DIEGO, August 21, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. announced today that the Company has received notification today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted the Company's resubmission of its New Drug Application (NDA) for indiplon 5 mg and 10 mg capsules for the treatment of insomnia and has set a PDUFA action date of December 12, 2007.
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. is a product-based biopharmaceutical company focused on neurological and endocrine diseases and disorders. The product candidates address some of the largest pharmaceutical markets in the world including insomnia, anxiety, depression, endometriosis, irritable bowel syndrome, pain, and diabetes. Indiplon was licensed from DOV Pharmaceutical in 1998. Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. news releases are available through the Company's website via the Internet at http://www.neurocrine.com
In addition to historical facts, this press release may contain forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Among the factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated in the forward-looking statements are risks and uncertainties associated with Neurocrine's business and finances in general as well as, risk and uncertainties associated with the Company's indiplon program and planned commercialization activities, including but not limited to; risk that regulatory authorities may find our resubmission of the indiplon capsule NDA incomplete or insufficient or otherwise unapprovable or that approval may be delayed; risk that following approval of indiplon capsules, commercialization may be delayed for any of a number of reasons including market conditions and product supply; risk that we will not be able to independently commercialize indiplon capsules or find a marketing partner on reasonable terms or at all; risk that the indiplon capsule labeling granted by regulatory authorities may limit the commercial success of indiplon capsules; and risk relating to market acceptance of indiplon capsules following marketing approval; in addition to the other risks described in the Company's report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2006 and Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2007. Neurocrine undertakes no obligation to update the statements contained in this press release after the date hereof.
CONTACT: Elizabeth Foster of Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc., +1-858-617-7600
Web site: http://www.neurocrine.com/
Ticker Symbol: (NASDAQ-NMS:NBIX)
Terms and conditions of use apply
Copyright © 2007 PR Newswire Association LLC. All rights reserved.
A United Business Media Company
Posted: August 2007
- Neurocrine Receives Approvable Letter for Indiplon Capsules with Additional Safety and Efficacy Data Required by FDA - December 13, 2007
- Neurocrine Announces Resubmission of New Drug Application for Indiplon Capsules - June 13, 2007
- Neurocrine Reports Results of FDA End-of-Review Meeting on Indiplon Capsules NDA - September 5, 2006
- Neurocrine Completes Review of Indiplon Action Letters - June 15, 2006
- Neurocrine Receives Approvable Letter for indiplon Capsules and Non-Approvable for indiplon Tablets for the Treatment of Insomnia - May 16, 2006
- Neurocrine Announces Acceptance of New Drug Application for Indiplon Tablets - July 26, 2005
- Neurocrine Announces Acceptance of New Drug Application for Indiplon Capsules - June 14, 2005
- Neurocrine Announces Submission of New Drug Application for Indiplon Tablets - May 26, 2005
- Neurocrine Announces Submission of New Drug Application for Indiplon Capsules - April 14, 2005
- Neurocrine Biosciences Announces Resubmission Status of Indiplon - February 7, 2005
- Neurocrine Biosciences Announces Plans to Resubmit Indiplon Modified Release New Drug Application (NDA) - January 11, 2005
- Indiplon IR NDA (New Drug Application) to Be Reformatted Due to Difficulties in Accessing Portions of the Electronic NDA - December 21, 2004
- Neurocrine Submits New Drug Application (NDA) for Indiplon Modified Release Tablets for the Treatment of Insomnia - November 22, 2004
- Neurocrine Submits New Drug Application (NDA) for Indiplon Immediate Release Capsules for the Treatment of Insomnia - October 19, 2004
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.