IndiplonTreatment for Insomnia
Neurocrine Announces Acceptance of New Drug Application for Indiplon Tablets
Indiplon NDA Filing Process Complete - Both Capsule and Tablet Filings Now Under Formal Review
SAN DIEGO, July 26, 2005 -- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted the Company's New Drug Application (NDA) for indiplon tablets for review for the treatment of insomnia in both adult and elderly patients.
"This is an exciting milestone for Neurocrine and represents the company's first completed NDA filing," said Gary A. Lyons, President and CEO of Neurocrine Biosciences. "Data from these two submissions is supported by one of the most comprehensive clinical trial programs in insomnia and demonstrates the long-term safety and efficacy profile of indiplon in helping patients with sleep onset and sleep maintenance problems."
Indiplon is a unique non-narcotic, non-benzodiazepine agent that acts on a specific site of the GABA-A receptor. Indiplon has been shown to bind selectively to the specific subtype of GABA-A receptors within the brain believed to be responsible for promoting sleep. Indiplon was developed to address different types of sleep problems. Upon approval, indiplon will be copromoted in the US with Pfizer.
Insomnia is a prevalent condition in the United States. According to the National Sleep Foundation's (NSF) Sleep in America Poll 2005 approximately half of America's adults report that they experienced at least one symptom of insomnia a few nights a week or more in the past year. Sleep loss has been found to impair the ability to perform tasks involving memory, learning, and logical reasoning, yet few people understand the importance of sufficient sleep.
Source: Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
Posted: July 2005
- Neurocrine Receives Approvable Letter for Indiplon Capsules with Additional Safety and Efficacy Data Required by FDA - December 13, 2007
- Neurocrine Announces PDUFA Action Date of December 12, 2007 for Indiplon Capsules - August 22, 2007
- Neurocrine Announces Resubmission of New Drug Application for Indiplon Capsules - June 13, 2007
- Neurocrine Reports Results of FDA End-of-Review Meeting on Indiplon Capsules NDA - September 5, 2006
- Neurocrine Completes Review of Indiplon Action Letters - June 15, 2006
- Neurocrine Receives Approvable Letter for indiplon Capsules and Non-Approvable for indiplon Tablets for the Treatment of Insomnia - May 16, 2006
- Neurocrine Announces Acceptance of New Drug Application for Indiplon Capsules - June 14, 2005
- Neurocrine Announces Submission of New Drug Application for Indiplon Tablets - May 26, 2005
- Neurocrine Announces Submission of New Drug Application for Indiplon Capsules - April 14, 2005
- Neurocrine Biosciences Announces Resubmission Status of Indiplon - February 7, 2005
- Neurocrine Biosciences Announces Plans to Resubmit Indiplon Modified Release New Drug Application (NDA) - January 11, 2005
- Indiplon IR NDA (New Drug Application) to Be Reformatted Due to Difficulties in Accessing Portions of the Electronic NDA - December 21, 2004
- Neurocrine Submits New Drug Application (NDA) for Indiplon Modified Release Tablets for the Treatment of Insomnia - November 22, 2004
- Neurocrine Submits New Drug Application (NDA) for Indiplon Immediate Release Capsules for the Treatment of Insomnia - October 19, 2004
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.