How long does an Ultomiris infusion take?
In general, minimum infusion times for Ultomiris (ravulizumab) can range from 0.4 hours to 3.8 hours. The infusion time is based on the patient’s weight, the prescribed dose and if it is a loading dose or maintenance dose. Ultomiris is given through a vein as an intravenous (IV) infusion. Patients are also monitored for at least one hour after the IV infusion for allergic-type infusion reactions.
- The minimum time for a loading dose infusion of Ultomiris 100 mg/mL (3 mL and 11 mL vials) ranges from 0.4 to 1.4 hours. The minimum time for a maintenance dose infusion of Ultomiris 100 mg/mL (3 mL and 11 mL vials) ranges from 0.5 to 1.3 hours.
- The minimum time for a loading dose infusion of Ultomiris 10 mg/mL (30 mL vial) ranges from 1.3 to 3.8 hours. The minimum time for a maintenance dose infusion of Ultomiris 10 mg/mL (30 mL vial) ranges from 1.9 to 3.3 hours.
- Do not mix Ultomiris 100 mg/mL (3 mL and 11 mL vials) and 10 mg/mL (30 mL vial) concentrations together. Ultomiris is only administered as an intravenous (IV) infusion.
Refer to the manufacturer’s product labeling for the tables detailing the minimum infusion times for Ultomiris.
The first two infusions are usually given 2 weeks apart, followed by an infusion once every 4 or 8 weeks, based on body weight. Only use Ultomiris as directed by your doctor. If you miss an appointment for your Ultomiris infusion, call your doctor right away.
Ultomiris is approved by the FDA for the treatment of adults with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and the treatment of adults and pediatric patients 1 month of age and older with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS).
This is not all the information you need to know about Ultomiris (ravulizumab) for safe and effective use and does not take the place of your doctor’s directions. Review the full product information and discuss this information and any questions you have with your doctor or other health care provider.
- Ultomiris prescribing information. Drugs.com. Accessed May 6, 2022 at https://www.drugs.com/dosage/ultomiris.html
Related medical questions
- Ultomiris Information for Consumers
- Ultomiris prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Ultomiris (detailed)
Related support groups
- Ultomiris (2 questions, 3 members)