Yocon (yohimbine) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Yocon (yohimbine):
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Severe Potential Hazard, High plausibility
yohimbine - cardiovascular disease
Yohimbine can cause hypertension and tachycardia at recommended dosages. Large doses may cause hypotension and cardiac conduction disturbances. Therapy with yohimbine is generally not recommended in patients with hypertension, angina pectoris, or heart disease.
- Hardman JG, Gilman AG, Limbird LE eds. "Goodman and Gilman's the Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 9th ed." New York, NY: McGraw-Hill (1995):
- "Product Information. Yocon (yohimbine)." Glenwood Inc, Tenafly, NJ.
- Grossman E, Rosenthal T, Peleg E, Holmes C, Goldstein DS "Oral yohimbine increases blood pressure and sympathetic nervous outflow in hypertensive patients." J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 22 (1993): 22-6
- Mansoor GA "Herbs and alternative therapies in the hypertension clinic." Am J Hypertens 14(9 Pt 1) (2001): 971-5
Yocon (yohimbine) drug Interactions
There are 30 drug interactions with Yocon (yohimbine)
Yocon (yohimbine) disease Interactions
There are 5 disease interactions with Yocon (yohimbine) which include:
More about Yocon (yohimbine)
- Yocon Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: impotence agents
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.