Slow Fe with Folic Acid (ferrous sulfate / folic acid) and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There are 2 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Slow Fe with Folic Acid (ferrous sulfate / folic acid) which include:
folic acid food
Moderate Food Interaction
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
MONITOR: Ethanol may increase folic acid elimination and folic acid absorption is decreased in chronic alcoholics. Excessive alcohol consumption may lead to folate deficiency.
MANAGEMENT: Monitoring of patient response to folic acid supplementation if they also consume alcohol regularly may be recommended.
- Agencia Española de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios Healthcare "Centro de información online de medicamentos de la AEMPS - CIMA. Available from: URL: https://cima.aemps.es/cima/publico/home.html." ():
- Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
- "Product Information. Folic Acid (folic acid)." Method Pharmaceuticals, LLC, Arlington, TX.
- Cerner Multum, Inc "ANVISA Bulário Eletrônico. Available from: URL: http://www.anvisa.gov.br/datavisa/fila_bula/index.asp." O 0 (2015):
- Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
ferrous sulfate food
Minor Food Interaction
Information for this minor interaction is available on the professional version.
Slow Fe with Folic Acid (ferrous sulfate / folic acid) drug interactions
There are 116 drug interactions with Slow Fe with Folic Acid (ferrous sulfate / folic acid)
Slow Fe with Folic Acid (ferrous sulfate / folic acid) disease interactions
There are 4 disease interactions with Slow Fe with Folic Acid (ferrous sulfate / folic acid) which include:
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.